View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

It seems in my neighbourhood, that the houses get progressively bigger and nicer with each street. My house is a couple streets south of where this picture was taken. Actually, I think I took a similar shot the same night but on my street...let me see here...

It's a great old neighbourhood...sort of central Toronto. I'm only about a block from Yonge St. which is the famous street that shoots right up the middle of Toronto and divides the city into it's East and West hemispheres. The yards are tiny...my lot is just 25 feet wide. All the houses were originally built in the early part of the century. Most are still original at their core but then people do additions and different things to get more living space out of them...every house is certainly unique. The trade off is that very few houses have garages (if they do they cost a fortune) and you have to deal with all the upkeep of an old house. I love it though. If we moved out to one of the suburbs we could have a lot more for the same money but we would never do it.