View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Buelah

Blackbird - funny you said this:
Not that short grey hair is wrong!!!! by any means. Everyone is beautiful.
When we type things in black and white, sometimes it may "sound" different than what we mean. But, I think we are all getting to know each other enough here that we know nothing is stated in a harsh manner. When you sit downd and talk with them and see their facial expressions and hear their voice, it makes a big difference. This is very one dimensional here, so I find myself, too, thinking....oh...that didn't get put down right. But, I always figure every one here knows I mean well. And Blackbird, I saw you, too, my dear - and you are a doll. I llike sober Blackbird more - you look vibrant, as I'm sure you do now. Funny part is we all look at our imperfections. I have a crappy complexion - runs in my family, I have horribly thin hair - thank you Grandma...I love you. I'm flat as a surfboard (learned that is a bonus in the summer!). But, you know what, none of that matters to me like it did when I was younger. I know there is more to me than the superficial stuff that our society has rammed down our throats. Like my sister-in-law always says (she is part Native Indian and a beautiful head of hair, yet she's pale from the Irish side of her Dad...how crazy), any waywhen I ask her if I can have some of her hair, she always says, sure, but you get to take some of these lbs with it, and in return, your long legs, and tiny butt. So, we all see our flaws, but funny part is, no one else sees them if we have a good attitude. That goes for the guys here, too. Appreciate who you are, and what you think are flaws. No one else sees them if you have spirit.

Oh, and need a favor of all of you again. My brother lives east of Richmond, Va by about 30 miles, and is in the line of Hurricane Irene. For all those in its path, please pray to God or to your higher power of choice that every one is okay. Mother nature is full of beauty, but she can also come with some serious punch.

TP - Yonge St. - I remember how that is laid out in Toronto. I can't say enough how great a city Toronto is. When my hubby and I were there in the last 7 or 8 years, we just loved how safe it was. Now I know all cities have their areas to avoid. But, to see people out walking the streets at night and enjoying the nightlife was wonderful. During the day, every thing is so busy. I'm a country bumpkin, but when I want culture, I love Toronto. We hope to go there again, maybe this winter. Need to slap those skates on again, and put a couple bruises on my bum! I hope we can hit some good entertainment went there. And boy did it make me smile to hear of your appreciation for the old neighborhoods. They have history. Beautiful! Keep posting those pictures. And I want to PM you on a couple cameras I'm looking at. Just want your advice.

Well, HAPPY FRIDAY WORLD! Hugs and love to every one. Keep up the good work!