Notices

90 Days and Under Part 4

Old 01-12-2011, 06:00 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. I hope you all have a wonderful day.

Stay strong, stay sober!!!
Old 01-12-2011, 08:08 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Looks like I got slightly less than a foot of snow up here on Laurel mountain. On my way to shovel myself out of this mess soon. Actually I wish that today was Saturday...and i was getting ready to head off to Heinz field...it is perfect weather for the Steeler playoff game. Coop understasnds this.

After I dig myself out, I am off to meet a friend and snowshoe walk the local golf course. We are taking a few wiffle balls and a couple golf clubs in an attempt to create a hybrid winter golf game. Sounds silly....but true!

Akasha, I hope that you had a good night and you are feeling a bit better today.

Dee, thanks for the site on PAWS. It certainly does have a grip on you in early sobriety. Lots of good suggestions in the article also. I had been eating ice cream like a mad man for about a month and it was killing my energy. I'm headed back to planning meals, healthy snacks and exercising. The winter makes it so much more difficult...crappy and expensive fruit and veggies, tough to get tom the gym...etc...OHHHH, stop this pity party dude and make it happen. Spring is right around the corner!

I've rambled on enough already....Congrats to all with your progress...day 75 here, me thinks?

Carlos(check these dudes out -2)
Old 01-12-2011, 09:01 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I have made it through the night. I did sleep, but had to take an ambien to do it. I do feel better today. I will make my 11 wks. I'm glad too. No drinking for me. Hate the taste of that stuff that is why I use, but yesterday it was the easiest thing I could get my hand on so I bought it. Glad I didn't drink any of it.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:05 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Akasha, great news! Way to stay strong. I'm glad to hear you got some sleep.

Carlos, let me know know how the hybrid golf game goes...I'm itching to swing the sticks. HUGE game this weekend...GO STEELERS!

Have a great day all!

Coop
Old 01-12-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Carlos, I had to google snowshoes to be sure what it was. Around here we just have cross-country skiing or ... walking in hiking boots. Good luck with golfsnowshoeing.

Akasha, glad you are feeling better.

Dee, I hope these horrible floods stop soon. Hope all your loved ones are ok.

Have a great day/evening.

Giraffe.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Dee, just like Giraffe, i'm also thinking of all of our Aussie friends at the moment. Hope things improve soon.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:49 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Hello everyone on the 90 days and less!

Dee, are you caught in the Brisbane floods? It looks bad. I've had friends that were evacuated a few days ago. Strange how we have had our driest winter on record and you guys are having floods. We've had weather hitting almost the 38 degrees (ie, 100 degree fahrenheit) - so hot.

Akasha and Zuri - I'm so glad you've both pulled through - keep strong.

I've cut down on the icecream and sugar. Not 100% but probably 80% so I'm pretty happy about that. I was okay that the sugar was a prop for staying sober but now it's time to lose some kilograms.

Carlos - snow golf sounds really good! Could be the next big thing after kite surfing!

Day 53 for me. I woke up and thought yes, hello world - I'm feeling just like I did when I went to bed (less tired of course). Constant, constant, constant. That old Rosco is now dead and buried. That's not me. That's was an unfortunate aberation/mistake or something because it took quite a while to discover that I'd lost control of the drink.

Alcohol is not equivalent to "life, happiness, sunny skies, friends, something to look forward to, to wind down, an interest, a science (plums, cherries and spice with a touch of oak BS for red wine), to numb". NO, it's poison - plain and simple and doesn't give me those things at all.

Oops, I've just checked the time and so I'll stop rambling!

All the best everyone - keep going - we're a great bunch - stay strong!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:51 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm back. I was getting close to day ninety but I relapsed, but here I am back and I'm working on day 31
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Soooo nice to be home and warm...however, what an incredible winter wonderland I experienced by spending the afternoon outside.

We decided to focus on the “workout” prior to exterminating on our winter golfing ideas. After walking 9 holes we had little left in the tank to really figure this golf idea out. Just time for a few drives with various test balls…it does appear doable though. Since Mother Nature is being so accommodating we will be back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Coop, I’m happy to read that you like to golf. While winter golf “may” not be in the cards…I would love to play with you come springtime and celebrate our sober journey together! The course I snowshoed today near my house has the distinction of being the first course that Arnold Palmer designed back in 1962...so beautiful…especially in winter, but just realizing that.

Giraffe, the snowshoes are much like those pictured in my avatar. ..just binded myself in with some warm winter boots. My friend turned me on to this thing only a bit ago. My buddy is into this, and says that what we did burned like 1600 calories in an hour…so it is a great workout. I’ve done it a few times now…but today was the toughest…at least a foot “soft” (ty) base and snowing sideways the whole time.

Akasha, great news that you didn’t use or drink! We put together a pretty dyno team here somehow (?) to assist when you need it….I sure have!!!

Later my sober friends… Carlos
Old 01-12-2011, 05:29 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shegirl View Post
Hi everyone, I'm back. I was getting close to day ninety but I relapsed, but here I am back and I'm working on day 31
Welcome Back!!! Congrats on the 31 days. Stay strong.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yep I'm just outside Brisbane...I'm not been affected myself...but it's quite literally like a war zone elsewhere here, so I've been pretty busy, Rosco.

I'll be back on deck in day or two

D
Old 01-12-2011, 07:41 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Dee...I'm so sorry that you are dealing with all that you are, my best in your difficult times...you are so special.

btw...i agree, we lost a special and very talented dude....Gerry Rafferty....such an f'ed up disease.

Love ya....Carlos
Old 01-12-2011, 11:11 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Let's hope the floods go down quickly, I didn't realise you were so close to it all Dee, stay safe.
and, sorry to hear it's also effecting friends of yours Rosco! hope it improves soon.

Rosco, you're sounding so "switched on", it's great to discover that all of those sunny thoughts that were associated with alcohol were just lies, how could we have been taken in by it all?

Each time the gremlin voice returns it's getting weaker, much easier to "kick in to touch".

Keep it going everyone, we've had some major successes recently.

Speak later.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:02 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, great to be alive and sober!

Dee, hope everything gets better there with the floods. It looks horrific on the news. You are in my thoughts.

shegirl- congrats on 31 days....way to pick yourself up and get back it..that is great news.

Rosco- 1 more week til 60...you definitely sound like you're in a good place.

Carlos- definitely would love to golf in the spring. Let's pick a course and make it happen.

IALF- I agree about the gremlin voices...let's just keep kicking them to the curb!

Have a great day everyone!

Coop
Old 01-13-2011, 06:34 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome! Dee I am so sorry, me and my family will be thinking of you and your family. Hi Mike, nice to meet you, I'm an alcoholic too. Working on day 32 here. Everyone have a good one!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:29 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Coop, awesome, it is great to be alive and sober.

Very nice to meet you shegirl. I'm glad you are here with us!!!

I've faced a lot of family drama this week. I did not face it alone though. Feel really good where I am spiritually right now. Without God I would have been drinking this week.

Tonight is the night where most of the drama will come to a head, or to a close. I struggled a lot this week with the fear of the unknown. But through prayer I am no longer afraid. I still have this burden to carry, but I'm thankful for it because God tied the burden to my back. Carrying this will make me a stronger person tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a good!!! Stay strong, Stay sober!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 12:46 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone here I have made it to 11 wks today. I haven't even had to take any pain meds today from my surgery last month. I had no clue it would take almost 2 months to heal from a freakin hysterectomy. The doctor is going to let me go back to work on 2/1.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:37 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi 90's!

Love reading your posts!!!!!
Tinman - I hope your meeting went well for you and that you remained strong.
Akasha - great news about not needing the pain meds - it's all going the right way!
Shegirl - glad to see you back! It's one of those natural things to wonder where the other class members have gone - too tired, takes too long, relapsed, don't need SR anymore because they can do it on their own? Whatever the reason, we continue to be strong for them as well as us.

Groundhog Day again - woke up - wow - feeling good - I'm coherent at 6:30am in the morning! What a blast! Constant, constant, constant.

But, we've got friends comng over tonight to play Canasta - this will be a big trigger for me to drink like the others so I just have to be on my guard, keep ahead of the little voice and enjoy the sparkling mineral water (I might have 3 slices of lime tonight - why not?).

NoAlcoholToday - still celebrating (lemonade, pasta..) the Ashes cricket win?

Well, everyone - have a great day - stay strong and chalk up another sober free notch!

Rosco.
Life=Fun; Alcohol=Devastation.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:39 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks everyone.

I was unaffected myself in a direct sense but everyone knows someone - one of my friends was marooned in her house as the floods stopped metres from her door, my sister had some inundation, one of my friends has been out of contact for a few days and they lived in a really badly hit area - I'm hoping to hear from him today.

I'm just thankful so few people lost their lives. Things can always be replaced, but not people.
D
Old 01-13-2011, 03:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the canasta Rosco

D