View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
IWLSAST

Soooo nice to be home and warm...however, what an incredible winter wonderland I experienced by spending the afternoon outside.

We decided to focus on the “workout” prior to exterminating on our winter golfing ideas. After walking 9 holes we had little left in the tank to really figure this golf idea out. Just time for a few drives with various test balls…it does appear doable though. Since Mother Nature is being so accommodating we will be back to the drawing board tomorrow.

Coop, I’m happy to read that you like to golf. While winter golf “may” not be in the cards…I would love to play with you come springtime and celebrate our sober journey together! The course I snowshoed today near my house has the distinction of being the first course that Arnold Palmer designed back in 1962...so beautiful…especially in winter, but just realizing that.

Giraffe, the snowshoes are much like those pictured in my avatar. ..just binded myself in with some warm winter boots. My friend turned me on to this thing only a bit ago. My buddy is into this, and says that what we did burned like 1600 calories in an hour…so it is a great workout. I’ve done it a few times now…but today was the toughest…at least a foot “soft” (ty) base and snowing sideways the whole time.

Akasha, great news that you didn’t use or drink! We put together a pretty dyno team here somehow (?) to assist when you need it….I sure have!!!

Later my sober friends… Carlos