Notices

90 Days and Under Part 4

Old 01-10-2011, 07:47 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Today is day 90 for me. Keep it up everyone. You can do it.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grateful101010 View Post
Today is day 90 for me. Keep it up everyone. You can do it.
Outstanding!!!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:20 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Grateful, congrats on 90 days...that is awesome!!

Well, the funeral for my friend was yesterday...I really don't want to talk about it too much....but it was heart wrenching to say the least. Here's hoping that none of us ever put our family or friends through something like that. It was surreal. Still hard to believe it is even real.

I am finding researching this PAWS thing to be very educational, it is crazy how it is like a step by step guide in my recovery. Very useful at this point in the process.

Have a great day everyone. Thanks again for always being here!

Coop
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Hello fellow < 90's...

I was away for a number of days. I remembered to take my laptop, but forgot the charger. Consequently, I was unplugged for quite awhile. I found that to be a bit refreshing and liberating...but i must also say that i found myself missing all of you too.

So much to catch up with...i will have time to do that later this evening.

I must head out to take care of a few things for now.

Stay strong my sober friends...

Carlos
Old 01-11-2011, 08:05 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
back again 11/09/2011

Originally Posted by Giraffe View Post
Diet for Recovery:

* Three nutritious snacks each day,
* between meals and at bedtime
* Avoid Sugar and Caffeine

Found this on Dee's PAWS site.

I live on sugar and caffeine. I was never much for sugar but since I quit drinking I eat sweets every day. And I drink coffee all day long.
I need to change this.
Ditto - That PAWS thing has really made me think!

Hi Guys, still here day 55 so still hanging on (well actually feeling much better), went to the gym yesterday and asked one of the trainers (freind of mine) for some tips on nutrition, explained about sugar cravings, shakes, low blood sugar etc!
Middle sons girlfreind has just left home so is temporarily staying with us, such a sad story......Her Mum's an achoholic (has no intention of quitting) and daughter has spent years in councelling, seems to be bringing herself up and has the support of social services, she can't handle her mother anymore - certainly made me realise its not all bad!
OH is off the booze - 10 days now, at least he's about to help with those boys (rather than being pi88ed and of no use except as a bad example)

I've been keeping up with all your news/thoughts/experiences and just want to say you guys are just awesome......couldnt have kept going without this thread. Catch you later
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Day 63!!! Family drama going on and I will be right in the middle of it. I put it all in God's hands. He has already showed me an answered prayer.

I got about 8 phone #'s at last night meetings because I knew this would be a struggle. So far I haven't had to call anyone but I prayed the same prayer I pray every morning. God help me fight today's battle and keep me sober.

Have a great day all!!! Stay strong, stay sober!!!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:55 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you guys.

I'm on day 60.

And to top that, I had to finally take care of something that I've been dreading and postponing for over a year and I did it without having a panic attack.

Life has changed these past two months. Not on the surface but everything is of better quality. Food, sleep, feelings, conversations, ability to deal with a problem and self esteem - I like this new life even though it looks just like my old one.

Thank you all so much for your support and for sharing your experiences.

Giraffe.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 Giraffe!
Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I was never big on drinking, but today I went out and bought some. I have been having nightmares every night lately and just want that pain to end. I still haven't opened one bottle yet. I have relapsed many times this past year and if I do today it will be the 1st time since I got out of rehab.

I also had a hysterectomy last month and was put on pain meds. I have done very well with them and not abused them because somebody else is holding them and giving them to me as needed. Lately it has been one to none which is good.

I don't want to drink but hate this pain I'm in right now.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:03 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Akasha, hang in there. You can't heal any pain with alcohol, you know that. I'm so sorry you are going through this but please try something else. Is there anyone you can go to and talk to?

My best wishes tonight.

Giraffe.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:10 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Akasha, if my math is correct you have almost 11 weeks. Please reconsider picking up a drink. Like Giraffe said, is there anyone you can talk to? If not, please stay here and read, share, whatever. As we all know...alcohol does not make the pain go away. Stay strong, you are in my prayers.

Coop
Old 01-11-2011, 11:56 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Akasha...just don't drink today...decide about tomorrow when tromorrow arrives...do it by the hour, or minute if you have to
Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Akasha,

The fact that you've posted your thoughts suggests that there's still a bit of you that knows that alcohol is not the answer to this problem.

Please try to listen to that bit of your mind. You've come such a long way.

Are you able to speak to your doctor about the nightmares as soon as possible? Remember you have SR friends all over the globe sending you love and best wishes.
Old 01-11-2011, 02:33 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Being taking it hour by hour right now. Still clean and sober. Yes, my therapist knows all about the nightmares. I have been sitting here most of the day shooting texts and emails to some great friends. Just want to sleep one night without any nightmares.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Well done! Glad you wrote.

I hope you get a good night sleep tonight.

Giraffe.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Thanks for posting Akasha...we've all been there. One hour...one minute at a time does work. Glad to hear you are staying strong. Hang in there!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm sending you "SWEET DREAM" vibes for tonight Akasha. Sooo happy that you are making it through this difficult time. Keep posting!!! Also hoping that you find the strength to spill that booze down the drain.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:16 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

I sympathise with the nightmares Akasha -I suffered from then for a while too....but alcohol is simply not an effective or even a guaranteed solution - don't let your head convince you otherwise.

Dump the booze. Don't let it stay an option. Keep talking to your therapists and friends.

D
Old 01-11-2011, 07:45 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Akasha, hang in there! I'm on week 11 and I'm having problems with nightmares and insomnia too. It's so tempting to drink them away again, but I'm told it gets better.

I'm pretty comfortable in my sobriety at this moment. I've had some reminders lately of the consequences of alcoholism in my family. I'm saddened but also motivated.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:19 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone,

Congratulations to:

Zuri, 8 weeks today, and

Tinman, you've cruised past the 9 week mark!