Notices

Class of December Part 2

Old 02-22-2009, 05:28 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Hey Guys~I don't have much time to respond but I wanted to say thanks for your well wishes for my Son. He's still got a fever (up to 101.5) so he's for sure going to the Doctor tomorrow. I'll try to catch up as soon as I can~

Lots of Love,

Suzi

Jess, Lisa and Warren, I just want to give you a big ol' hug:ghug3 I'll do my best to come by and respond better to your posts tomorrow~
Old 02-23-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Good Monday Morning!

I had an exciting busy weekend - just the way I like it with zero drama.

I think my subscription to this thread disappeared. I usually post and then wait for the following emails letting me know some of you have posted and then I come back and look at the thread. I kept thinking you were all being very quiet, so I came here this morning to see all that I missed.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Happy Monday all

I'm pretty over the whole 'poor me' attitude I was having yesterday, and ready for the week. I've just been an overly sensitive wreck! (still blaming hormones.. bear with me..hubby and I have been 'trying' to get pregnant, sooo... maybe? Or I'm just nuts lol.. either is a distinct possibility )

Suz, I hope your boy gets better soon!

Lisa, thank you.. seriously the support here is so cool. I think when all calms down in my mind from the weekend stuff w/ hubby I am going to talk to him. I know he'd never say anything like that TO hurt me, I know he honestly does miss the drinking together thing, however he doesn't know how that sends my mind into a tailspin, so we'll have a chat.

Charles, you did kinda disappear this weekend, you were busy! Sounds great

Warren, nope.. didn't watch the awards, ended up watching a few Dexter episodes w/ hubby and a CSI I had recorded.. I'll have to look them up online, I did see ONE award I think for best director for Slumdog Millionaire (I THINK, still have to look it up). Oh and thanks for your thoughts on the relationship stuff. I do want to say that my hubby DOES support me not drinking 100%, he is very proud of me, etc.. but I think he (and it's very valid), does reminisce about our 'fun' drunk times, and just sometimes misses it! He'd never want me to start drinking again, and has certainly gone out of his way to make sure there's never alcohol in this house, and he's never drank around me since I quit. It's an adjustment, and just over 2 months is still an infant stage of sobriety really..

Ok off to work I go! Talk to ya all later!
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Good morning all!

I can finally say...good morning..instead of good afternoon...I am soooo tired of sleeping my life away..getting up at noon...and not getting out til the sun goes down to go to a meeting. I went to sleep at 4 am and the darn cats woke me up at 730 and I stayed up. I am going to get up at 9 am from now on at least! I actually got something done with a government agency I have been dreading and avoiding and feel so good I faced my fear and got that done...

Suzi...I hope your son is doing ok..let us know how the dr. visit goes! I remember being sooo afraid whenever my son was little and get a fever...I would keep him on my lap (when he was a baby), cuz I was afraid of convulsions, and take his temp every hour...the baby tylenol was given and kept the temp. stable at least...but I remember how sweet he was in my arms...I miss those days! They grow up so fast.

Thanks for being supportive of my AA stuff. You know how it is when something makes one happy...you think it will make everyone happy..and want to spread the joy!!!! But that's not always the case...and I keep an open mind..bottom line..no drinking and a relatively happy life..whatever works!!!

So I am home now for lunch and a little rest...then a dr. appt. at 4 ...then a meeting..then i will be home and hopefully crash exhausted into bed...!!!

As far as the fun times with drinking goes...I think there is definately a grieving process..least for me it was...I felt like I lost my best friend (i felt the same way when I quit smoking)...and I still miss the bar days at times...but you know what...like you said Jess, it's not worth it anymore.

Warren...you will never believe what happened..I was having a nice time watching the oscars..and for no apparent reason...lost the signal at about 9 pm...grrrr..and then tried in vain to find a site to watch it online....but get this...I still have RABBIT EARS on my tv and now only get ONE channel...lol...I have to get one of those converter boxes..which I have a coupon for...somewhere....
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hi Guys~ Thank you so much for all the well wishes for my little Boy =) He still had a fever this morning (102) and is now at the Doctors with my Hubby. I'm hoping it's simply his allergies giving him a hard time and not the flu. I'm trying to keep my Daughter away from him, just in case! But man, she loves her Brother and cries if she can't play with him =(

Okay, I'm going to work my way down and try to answer all of you while I have some time!

Jess~ I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better today! It truly sucks to have those days when we just feel so sad, we don't know what to do. It could very well be hormones, but you're also doing a lot of changing right now. It does feel like a break-up in a way because not ALL the times were bad, but when they *were* bad, it was hell, right? I do understand how you feel Sweetie~ I do agree that it's good he feels he can be honest with you, him keeping that inside would only cause friction. But like you said, if it hurts you then he needs to find a different way to approach the situation. I hope you guys can talk about it and find a compromise =) And Sweetie good luck with the baby making!!!! How exciting =)

Dori~ Girl my Kids don't know how to get a low grade fever! It's always 102-104. A few years ago when my Daughter was 3 she got really sick with a fever of 104.5 and I thought I was going to die! I gave her a cold bath, gave her medicine, but nothing worked. So I took her to the ER and as I sat there I just prayed and prayed for her to get better. Wouldn't you know it...her fever finally broke. Yeah, I might not go to church every Sunday or be overly religious, but really what other explanation is there? They do grow up incredibly fast! My youngest will be in Kindergarden in August and I tell you, I"m excited yet sad. I love to see them learning and thriving but I know I'll miss having her here with me =( And yes, I like when you talk to us about your AA meetings and how you feel!!!! We all have blessings in our lives that we like to share with others and AA is one of yours~ That totally sucks your TV gave out during the awards!!!

Warren~ Are you my Brother from another Mother? Caramel Macchiatos are pretty much all I ever get from Starbucks! lol I understand being your own worst critic, but you know you wouldn't be where you are if you were not talented =) All I know is as soon as you can tell us more I'll be all over that book! lol Did I watch the Academy Awards? Sweetie, you couldn't pull me away! lol I watched from the minute they started the red carpet coverage, because one of my favorite things to do is admire all the beautiful gowns!! I thought the show was great and by far the most enjoyable Oscars I've ever watched. I really like the "play" format and loved the musical numbers =) Yeah and I was absolutely thrilled when Kate Winslet won! I think she's an amazing actress and just *love* her. For the first time in a long time it seems to me like the Academy actually gave the Oscars to those most deserving as opposed to who they "like" or simply who is popular at the time. I mean, Sean Penn has been snubbed numerous times, but won last night for a role that I thought the Academy would ignore. It's wonderful to see that wasn't the case. Oh and when Heath Ledger's family accepted the Oscar, it took all I had not to cry. That's such a tragedy, it's heartbreaking~ I honestly think I haven't missed an Oscar telecast in the past 10 years!

Phal, Lisa and Charles~ Much love and hugs to you guys!!!!:ghug3

Well besides my Son being sick things are good over here. Hubby is working all week BUT in town, so that's good =) I'm hopefully going for a walk with my Friend tonight and then relaxing with Hubby. Tomorrow I weigh in and I hope I lost some weight! I did much better with my eating, drinking lots of water, and finally made time to exercise. Even if I only lost 1lb, it's progress =)

I'll try to come by again tonight and see how you are all doing! Lots of Love~

Suzi
Old 02-23-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
mergirl

Suz I was glad to see you on the co-de thread, when you have time go back and read the beginning, really hit me like a ton of bricks.

e-hugs for the rest of you!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Lisa~ I've been going back and forth reading a lot here today. My Son and Hubby are STILL at the Docs, just now being seen. Why do they tell him 3 if it's 630 and he's just NOW seeing him?! I love my pediatrician but they have no concept of getting people in and out of there on time....

Off to do some more reading!
Old 02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

So Hubby and Son are finally on their way home. No flu or strep indications, but he does have some fluid in his ear and congestion in his chest. So they gave him a prescription for antibiotics and albuterol for the chest congestion. I'm just hoping he's okay to go to school on Wednesday because his Science Fair project was 1 of 2 chosen in his grade to go to the regional competition. He's worked very hard and I'd hate for him to miss it.

So he's for sure staying home to rest tomorrow with the hopes he can go Wednesday. I'll keep him home the other two days if I need to, you know?

Thanks to all of you for your positive thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate it =)
Old 02-23-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Lisa~ I'm reading through the Co-Dependency thread and shaking my head...how did I not see this? When I read the list of patterns, I could have highlighted the majority of them as pertaining to me. Sad part is I had 2 of Melody Beatties books but threw them out, thinking I didn't need them. I might have to re-buy them, since obviously they have popped back into my life for a reason~ Thanks for pointing me towards the thread :ghug3
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
mergirl

Ive been buying a lot of self help books on ebay lately I haven't read any that answered much, but all of them have opened a door or three.

Morning all!! Happy Tuesday=)
Old 02-24-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had I looked before at the codie thread I would have seen myself in some of the behaviors and attitudes. Glad I now have no "co" to be "dependant" on.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Least Glad to see you popping in here! How are you feeling?

Happy Tuesday everyone.. it's beautiful here today (which is kinda nice here in Denver, it's going to be in mid-60s I think!). Summer weather just around the corner.

I'm excited to get a year behind me (yeah I know, thinking WAY far ahead) so that I have a full year of doing this thing sober.. the summer 'habits', the holidays yet to come, another football season.. whatever. Someone on another thread mentioned the year thing, and how after that, you can always look at "this time last year" and remember that you got through it sober. Kinda like all the time we've been through, we can already look at our "Last New Years Eve" or, "Last year's Christmas", we already have a sober example of how to do this.

Extra tired today, not sure why.. Slammin coffee and off to work.

Have a beautiful day all!!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Good Tuesday morning!

I had several moments yesterday that were nice to experience. One, I was contacted by a former military colleague. She and I were television instructors at the Defense Information School back in the 90s and I was touched by her memories of me and my teaching style.

We shared stories and experiences we had in common and it was fun catching up to an old friend like that. I had no negative drinking experiences with her, but during my time there at the school I did cycle in and out of sobriety.

It is always comforting to know that even during our worst of times (in reality or in our head) that we are still creating positive memories for others.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hey Guys~ My Son isn't doing much better. His fever was 103 when he woke up and just now went up to 103.6 an hour later. Instead of going down it's gone up! I just made him take a cool shower and hope that works. Maybe once the antibiotics kick in the fever will go away...

I hope you are all doing well~ Lots of Love

Suzi
Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

lots and lots and lots of clear fluids!
Old 02-24-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

He's got his water bottle in his hand and constantly sipping =) He's such a good boy though, he got in that cold freaking shower and didn't complain once! Thanks Least:ghug3
Old 02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

SUZI....call your dr. first...but what about baby tylenol...or tylenol..i have always used that to control my child's fever....hang in there..i know how scary it can be for a child to have a fever that high...call your dr....ask about tylenol....i just freak out if a fever gets that high cuz they can have convulsions , not trying to scare you , you are an awesome mother...my prayers and thoughts are with you!

Lisa...thank you so much for telling us about the 'codie' thread...I am only on page three but it is great...i've been told i am a codie so i relate to all the stories..and love the reading from the book they do....

Classical...always have it in the back of your mind..that your next drink could be your last...i have heard stories about people that 'went out' just 'one last time' and ended up in jail or dead..not trying to scare you...but maybe we do need to be scared...that if we pick up....we might get away with it 'this time'..but we might not...that voice is so normal for us charles...we talk about in aa...that voice telling us 'one more time, it'll be ok'...or 'you can quit later'...that voice is trying to kill us...you have so much going for you to risk anything..and i know you know that...i'm saying this for me as much for anyone...!!!!

Least thanks for stopping by...how are you doing???

Hi charles...always great to see your bright and smiling face...

Jess....you are right about getting through the holidays...WARREN was the impetus for me to put down the drink pre-holiday season, dec.17th...his thread..'is anyone serious about this' first got me through the weekend...then the holiday season!!!! xoxo to warren for that!

I am having a quiet day in my 'home office'...going to balance the checkbook, apply online to some jobs, do some emails, goof off some...have my soaps going in the background (aside to MARIPOSA...Arent David and Zach sooo dreammmy)...then off to a meeting!

xoxoxoxo all
Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

SeaHorse~ Hey Dori =) I hadn't given him Tylenol because I didn't have any and don't have a car today since Hubby is working. I ended up going next door and asking my neighbor if she by any chance had some and she didn't...but offered to drive to the store and get some for my Son. I'm so thankful for that!!!! She got the Tylenol for me and just to be nice got him some Gatorade as well =) I've gave it to him at 1pm and it's gone down from 103.6 to 102!!!! I know how bad these fevers can be which is why I'm so worried, but thank God is starting to go down somewhat. Thank you for thinking of my Baby~

ETA: Yeah, David and Zach are VERY YUMMY! lol
Old 02-24-2009, 01:21 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  

His fever is finally going down! It's 100 now =) Unfortunately he won't be going to his Science Fair competition tomorrow but I can't chance it. Plus he's got to be fever free 24 hours to go back to school and I won't send him if there is a chance he'll get his classmates sick. I *HATE* when Parents do that.

FIL called a while ago asking where Hubby was. He said he was close to the house and was going to stop by but since he couldn't get a hold of him he drove home. I let him know Hub was working and that it was actually a good thing he didn't stop by because our Son was sick. Well, he says "What do you think, I'm scared of him getting me sick?" I told him he's had a fever and I wasn't sure how contagious he was. He said he was like "Superman, nothing hurt him" but he tone of his voice changed after that...

I don't know if I"m reading too much into it. Maybe the stress of the morning and being so worried about my Son has me overly sensitive. I haven't had anything but coffee today and I'm sure that's not helping. Now after the phone call I suddenly feel anxious and worried that I might have upset my FIL. I know this probably doesn't make sense but they have a tendency to get offended over any little thing and I'm the one who always feels it's my fault. I have such a sick need to please them at all times it's ridiculous. I know I've been posting a lot of crap lately, I'm sorry, I just don't want to dump this all on my Hubby. But then again it's not fair I dump it all on you guys either...
Old 02-24-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

"I think I'll
have a drink.......of metamucil and go to bed."

There ya go Warren, now that's what I call livin'! I'm havin' a drink...of herbal tea...my favorite kind...celestial seasonings Bengal Blend...very cinnamony yummmmy....I am so happy your project is going so well...! I think your creative juices are going to be running so clear and strong now that you are sober!!!

Suzi...we are here for you..we all have our very legitamate tales of woe! And happiness....not always sunshine and rainbows and unicorns even when we are sober! So glad your boy is doing better. I know how scary a child's fever can be and Tylenol has been a lifesaver..I got him to the ripe age of fifteen, with no convulsions! And no...i'm not a sales rep for tylenol..and also not giving medical advise...told her to call her doctor first..which you did rigthhhttttt...

In fact the love of my life, my teen son...who lives with my mom..just called me and said 'do you want to see me tomorrow' um YESSSSSS!!!!!! So I am picking him up at my mom's so I get to see her for a bit too!

Today was good, got a lot of clerical and housework done. Then went to a meeting where my sponsors sponsor was celebrating...12 years..and my sponsors sponsors sponsor was there! so four generations..me..my sponsor...my grandsponsor and my greatgrandsponsor! Got to eat a little cake too...it was nice. Then came home to you guys and my herbal tea, then having a chat with my friend Ben after obama says his spiel...talk to you all tomorrow :ghug