View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
SeaHorse
friend of bill w.

Good morning all!

I can finally say...good morning..instead of good afternoon...I am soooo tired of sleeping my life away..getting up at noon...and not getting out til the sun goes down to go to a meeting. I went to sleep at 4 am and the darn cats woke me up at 730 and I stayed up. I am going to get up at 9 am from now on at least! I actually got something done with a government agency I have been dreading and avoiding and feel so good I faced my fear and got that done...

Suzi...I hope your son is doing ok..let us know how the dr. visit goes! I remember being sooo afraid whenever my son was little and get a fever...I would keep him on my lap (when he was a baby), cuz I was afraid of convulsions, and take his temp every hour...the baby tylenol was given and kept the temp. stable at least...but I remember how sweet he was in my arms...I miss those days! They grow up so fast.

Thanks for being supportive of my AA stuff. You know how it is when something makes one happy...you think it will make everyone happy..and want to spread the joy!!!! But that's not always the case...and I keep an open mind..bottom line..no drinking and a relatively happy life..whatever works!!!

So I am home now for lunch and a little rest...then a dr. appt. at 4 ...then a meeting..then i will be home and hopefully crash exhausted into bed...!!!

As far as the fun times with drinking goes...I think there is definately a grieving process..least for me it was...I felt like I lost my best friend (i felt the same way when I quit smoking)...and I still miss the bar days at times...but you know what...like you said Jess, it's not worth it anymore.

Warren...you will never believe what happened..I was having a nice time watching the oscars..and for no apparent reason...lost the signal at about 9 pm...grrrr..and then tried in vain to find a site to watch it online....but get this...I still have RABBIT EARS on my tv and now only get ONE channel...lol...I have to get one of those converter boxes..which I have a coupon for...somewhere....