Notices

Class of December Part 2

Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Day 69 -- sorry the juvenile in me made me write that!

Warren -- You are turning into a MACHINE. You go man!

Mariposa ... when I was mapping out my first leg of the Colorado Trip I passed by a street named Mariposa and I thought about you.

Hope you turn your house into a Well House soon.

UE - I will be very interested in your details for the trip. Next year we are planning on the trip up there and Grand Tetons.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
mergirl

So far it looks like Saturday night in Vegas to break up the drive. Without the money spent on partying, we will go see one of the cirque de solei (sp?) shows I have always wanted to see. Then we are off to Jackson Hole Wy., for 4 or 5 days of Grand Teton and Yellowstone exploration Yay!. My birthday is right in the middle of the trip, so I will tell my mom and dad to look for a cowboy dinner theatre or rafting trip to surprise me with=) Shucks, now you got me all worked up again!!

Suz, tell your daughter she is not allowed to be sick, and I said so!!

Today is day 60 for me, I just made it in time to be December class=) I wish that I felt like you Warren. I don't miss drinking for the most part, and I am thrilled my off again on again husband has quit, as I find him repulsive when he drinks, and adore him sober. That being said, I am still missing the enlightenment part of this all. I still just wish that night would have never happened. When I see all the misery on the newcomers forums, I am so thankful that I was not that far into the bottle, and I am grateful to have quit before it got there if that's where I was headed. For now I guess that will just have to be enough.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:32 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Charles~ You made me smile =) And yes, I'm working on making this a well house again!

Lisa~ I'll tell her =) She actually napped today...my Daughter hasn't taken a nap since she was two! I'm taking her to the Pediatrician tomorrow, since last time she got really sick her fever went up to almost 105 and I do NOT want her to go through that again.

Congrats on your 60 days!!!! :ghug3 I'm very proud of you =) I think since we all were at different stages of drinking, we are all healing differently. I, like you, feel very grateful for not having gotten to the point where I see a lot of others. It makes me sad and sometimes very angry when I read some posts. I also don't feel this "enlightenment" that others feel or get. Some people make it sound like the sky opened up and light shone through the minute the stopped drinking! lol I mean, yeah I feel good to be sober, but noting earth shattering has happened, you know? I don't think there is one of us here who doesn't wish we could take something back that we did while drinking. Some might be "worse" than others, but we are working hard and doing all we can to make sure we don't do things like that ever again. Am I making sense?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I think I'm gonna hang out here before I get myself in trouble out there. I CANT HELP IT sometimes lol..

Actually I'm finishing up work, and headed home. Just wanted to say HI!! and all that.

Charles if you need any Colorado ideas, I'm a native, and I'd be happy to help!!!

I'll be back in a while, be good kids! :P
Old 02-26-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Umm...Yeah, Jess, I saw that! lol I had to exit quickly because I began to post something then realized "What's the effin point?" :wtf2
Old 02-26-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha, Im on my way, omg I AM ONE OF THOSE TRAIN WRECK PEOPLE!!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
Haha, Im on my way, omg I AM ONE OF THOSE TRAIN WRECK PEOPLE!!
ROFLMFAO! Apparently a few of us are!
Old 02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  
mergirl

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you guys didn't warn me it was a DOUBLE WHAMMY!!!

haha, walking away, quick!
Old 02-26-2009, 05:47 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

this note is for Warren - I thought you would get a kick out of knowing I am writing this with my Iphone from the balcony at Jones Hall.

I'm here for Mozarts Piano Concerto #18 & ravel & schubert - the main dude is going to tickle the ivories and swing the baton all at the same time.
Old 02-26-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
AHhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you guys didn't warn me it was a DOUBLE WHAMMY!!!

haha, walking away, quick!

That made me laugh too hard.. I think I got a kink in my neck from it.

Sorry bout that LOL .. ow
Old 02-26-2009, 08:52 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I guess I need to read the threads you guys are talking about -- I feel like I am out of the loop.

Friday morning is my surgery ... just minor lip surgery. I want to look like Angelina and Octo-Mom.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
mergirl

I'd rather pay someone NOT to cut me, and your not missing anything productive by staying out of the general threads, believe me!

Guess what, its Friday Yay!!

Suz, little girl any better?
Old 02-27-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I'd rather pay someone NOT to cut me
As part of "Charles' Operation Mid Life Crisis" in the past year this will make my second cosmetic procedure. Last Summer I had my eyelids lifted (blethoraplasty), then came the teeth and now I am getting this lip fixed.

A lunatic Navy surgeon went after me with a scalpel in the mid-90s when I lived in London. He was a part-timer doing his reserve duty, while my regular Navy dentist was on vacation.

Should be a very simple procedure, with less than 10 stitches (I hope).

If any of you guys are interested I document everything with before and after pics.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone~ Posting quickly, gotta get ready to take my Daughter to the Pediatrician. Her fever was 103.3 this morning and last night she slept with me because she didn't want to sleep alone. Can't say I minded though, I kept touching her forehead all night making sure she was okay! lol

I'll respond to posts when I get back. Hopefully I won't be there for 4 hours like Hubby was!

XOXO

Suzi
Old 02-27-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I'm back from surgery. Every went great, except for the cutting of my skin and burning of my flesh - oh I hate the smell.

When he made the incision he discovered the previous surgeon had not connected the muscle back together and he said that was a major reason for the dip in my lip.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Old 02-27-2009, 12:38 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Flutter ... looks like the index finger is hiding the finger you meant to send. hehe!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

GOOD LUCK WARREN!!!!!!! It will go great, you'll see =)

Okay, so my Daughter has the Flu AND Strep Throat. ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME!!!! She sent her home with antibiotics, cough medicine and she also has to do the albuterol treatments my Son has been doing. At least her fever isn't super high right now, she's happy and eating, so hopefully it won't hit her as hard as my son. I'll be home all weekend, Doctor's orders~

Off to give her the meds, I'll be back later =)
Old 02-28-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
mergirl

This is a long post and it is all about ME. So if you don't have the time or interest, skip it please:P For some of you drama-addicts, maybe it will keep you out of trouble in the other forums to post on my drama for a day hahahah.

My new battle woke me up with nightmares this morning, awesome. I got a call from a really good guy friend who lives 2 hours a way(he called last night at 11pm uhg). His birthday is Sunday and he wants me to come up tonight. It will be a drunk fest, and that part doesn't even worry me. What worries me, is I have another friend who is a "snuggle buddy" up there.
One of the reasons I filed divorce papers 5 years ago was that my husband hates going anywhere where there are people he might have to talk to. So my choices are 1) Go with the hub and hope he doesn't ruin my fun at the party. We will have a nice day Sunday when its just he and I. 2) Go up alone, which may or may not involve snuggling. The problem with this is I am considering a re-try with the husband and don't really want to test it this moment. 3) Stay home and try and think its for the best, and not resent my husband for ANOTHER weekend home because of his social phobias.

It feels just like a drinking battle haha. Part of me totally wants to go by myself, have a blast and make out a little. Part of me knows I will feel guilty for leaving him home, which I always do. He and I have done this dance for the last 15 years. He makes a stink about going somewhere, and I either cancel and hate him, or go without and feel guilty.

As a side note, for the 10 years we were married, I never even CONSIDERED another man. There was a hot butcher that made me twitterpated, but I was faithful without trying. I just can't seem to get back to the "committed" feeling after these past 5 years being single.

ok, shutting up now
Old 02-28-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Lisa~ Hey Darling =) That sounds like a difficult situation. I mean, you've been single for 5 years so of course it feels differently. I may sound crazy for suggesting this but it's the first thing that I thought of. *IF* you know for a fact drinking won't be an issue at this party and you know you will be okay in that aspect, go. Let him know you are going and he is welcome to come *IF* he's going to have fun, otherwise there needs to be no hard feelings on his part if you go alone. This is why I say this. Sometimes we need to "test" the waters before we fully decide what we want. Maybe you got to the party, have some fun, but realize you'd rather be making out at home with Hubby =) Am I making sense? Go to the party but hold of on the making out (yeah, sucks!) Simply because you really sound like you are wanting to make things work with your Hubby, you know?

You and Hubby are both sober now, maybe that will make a difference in how he acts to you going alone. I don't know, I hope I"m making sense!!!!!