View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

Hi Guys~ Thank you so much for all the well wishes for my little Boy =) He still had a fever this morning (102) and is now at the Doctors with my Hubby. I'm hoping it's simply his allergies giving him a hard time and not the flu. I'm trying to keep my Daughter away from him, just in case! But man, she loves her Brother and cries if she can't play with him =(

Okay, I'm going to work my way down and try to answer all of you while I have some time!

Jess~ I'm so glad to hear you are feeling better today! It truly sucks to have those days when we just feel so sad, we don't know what to do. It could very well be hormones, but you're also doing a lot of changing right now. It does feel like a break-up in a way because not ALL the times were bad, but when they *were* bad, it was hell, right? I do understand how you feel Sweetie~ I do agree that it's good he feels he can be honest with you, him keeping that inside would only cause friction. But like you said, if it hurts you then he needs to find a different way to approach the situation. I hope you guys can talk about it and find a compromise =) And Sweetie good luck with the baby making!!!! How exciting =)

Dori~ Girl my Kids don't know how to get a low grade fever! It's always 102-104. A few years ago when my Daughter was 3 she got really sick with a fever of 104.5 and I thought I was going to die! I gave her a cold bath, gave her medicine, but nothing worked. So I took her to the ER and as I sat there I just prayed and prayed for her to get better. Wouldn't you know it...her fever finally broke. Yeah, I might not go to church every Sunday or be overly religious, but really what other explanation is there? They do grow up incredibly fast! My youngest will be in Kindergarden in August and I tell you, I"m excited yet sad. I love to see them learning and thriving but I know I'll miss having her here with me =( And yes, I like when you talk to us about your AA meetings and how you feel!!!! We all have blessings in our lives that we like to share with others and AA is one of yours~ That totally sucks your TV gave out during the awards!!!

Warren~ Are you my Brother from another Mother? Caramel Macchiatos are pretty much all I ever get from Starbucks! lol I understand being your own worst critic, but you know you wouldn't be where you are if you were not talented =) All I know is as soon as you can tell us more I'll be all over that book! lol Did I watch the Academy Awards? Sweetie, you couldn't pull me away! lol I watched from the minute they started the red carpet coverage, because one of my favorite things to do is admire all the beautiful gowns!! I thought the show was great and by far the most enjoyable Oscars I've ever watched. I really like the "play" format and loved the musical numbers =) Yeah and I was absolutely thrilled when Kate Winslet won! I think she's an amazing actress and just *love* her. For the first time in a long time it seems to me like the Academy actually gave the Oscars to those most deserving as opposed to who they "like" or simply who is popular at the time. I mean, Sean Penn has been snubbed numerous times, but won last night for a role that I thought the Academy would ignore. It's wonderful to see that wasn't the case. Oh and when Heath Ledger's family accepted the Oscar, it took all I had not to cry. That's such a tragedy, it's heartbreaking~ I honestly think I haven't missed an Oscar telecast in the past 10 years!

Phal, Lisa and Charles~ Much love and hugs to you guys!!!!:ghug3

Well besides my Son being sick things are good over here. Hubby is working all week BUT in town, so that's good =) I'm hopefully going for a walk with my Friend tonight and then relaxing with Hubby. Tomorrow I weigh in and I hope I lost some weight! I did much better with my eating, drinking lots of water, and finally made time to exercise. Even if I only lost 1lb, it's progress =)

I'll try to come by again tonight and see how you are all doing! Lots of Love~

Suzi