Notices

Class of December Part 2

Old 02-24-2009, 07:15 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  
mergirl

suz><

I am getting a little better, working with the co-de stuff, but there are still those people in my life that I can't control my emotions around. My sister is one, we are very close, but my sister, mom dad and I all have very weird dynamics. I imagine in the beginning you really wanted their acceptance, hard to break old habits. My MIL has never understood my husbands choice in me, but you know what? It wasn't hers to make, and as long as he and I are doing well, I don't give a rat's patootie what she thinks haha=)

night all=)
Old 02-24-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Hello My Friends~ Just poppin in quickly to say Good Night =) My Son's fever finally went down. I just checked him and it's 99.1 and I can't give him any meds until at least 1am so I hope it stays down. Thank you all of you so very much for caring so much about us =)

I'll respond to the new posts in the morning, I"m so tired!!!! Today felt like it lasted 48 hours instead of 24~

Love you Guys~

Suzi
Old 02-24-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

oh phal... lol.. silly

Nighty night all! (see how short that was!)

xox
Old 02-25-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha Dori you nerd!!
(quoted from another post)pets and computers at a rehab..things sure have changed in ten years since i was in rehab... How does one focus on recovery with all the dogfights, cats pooping all over the place, surfing the web...is that monitored..or are people free to go on any website they desire..that could open a can of worms...speaking of which..do they have a vet there in case the pets get sick..wow..sounds ummmmm...different
Haha, I was going to mention that you probably don't live with a vet either, and I'm sure rehab would let her out to go to the vets, but I figured that wasn't the thread to joke in:P

So I am pondering my "marriage" a lot these days, and for the first time in years, I want to make it work. He was such a gross drunk, and now, there's just almost nothing I don't like about him. But I have been single in mindset so long, I don't know how to get back to the happily ever after mind set. I keep just hoping enough time spent hanging out enjoying each other will do it, but I hope I don't accidentally meet someone else in the process><

I am also considering an experiment of shutting down the interweb for a month=) But not soon, maybe in May. At this house, it will be a little like "survivor" haha.

I think Ex has out grown us!! Or maybe like phal, he can't get a word in=)

Have a nice Wednesday, glad the baby is better, sorry he has to miss the science fair
Old 02-25-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
mergirl

oh and I'm glad your not full blown sick Warren. =)
Old 02-25-2009, 06:46 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Good Wednesday morning!

Warren -- the concert was great. Helene was very exciting to watch.

And I agree, with Sober Life getting better. I am convinced alcohol was depressing me.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:12 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Lisa..hahahah...thanks for quoting me...I just could not keep my mouth shut on that one...yeah i'm sure we would get 'in trouble' for joking on that thread....but um pets at rehab...how about the allergic people..they don't get to go...it just sounds like a zoo...in more ways then one..or a vacation.

When I was in rehab 10 years ago it was hardcore...no pets, cell phones, computers...for the first 3 days it was lockdown in detox, then we were allowed to mix with the other patients..we could not even have contact with the outside world for the first week...then we went to in-house meetings and aa, I stayed sober fifteen months after that...but i never stopped going to aa...

seems like everyone can't live w/o their cell phones these days...i remember meetings before they had cell phones, and everyone smoked up a storm!!! ahhhh those were the good ole days!!! i do have a cell, but i gave up smokin..i just hate it when someone forgets to turn their phone off and it rings during a meeting..ahhh patience and tolerance...patience and tolerance..

Mariposa..tee hee...i loved your pm earlier

Warren...your project sounds so exciting...

phaleron..cmon..just type one line...'one line at a time'

talk at ya all alter

hugs to charles, jess and anyone else i missed,
Old 02-25-2009, 08:26 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good Morning My Friends~ I hope you are all doing well this morning =)

Warren~ I"m glad you had such a productive day at work yesterday and that you are enjoying this project so much. I look forward to reading this book so much! I'm sorry to hear you and JD are still not feeling well but thank goodness it's not worse this morning! Sending healing thoughts and prayers your way =)

Dori~ I'm not a tea fan but when I was at the mall a while back I tried some at this store that sells nothing but Tea. It was DELICIOUS! I"m thinking of getting some when Hubby gets paid and trading that in for my coffee =) Not sure how long it will last though! hahaha I don't like tea that tastes like I"m drinking grass, it has to have a fruity taste to it. Any suggestions? I'm so glad you get to spend the day with your Son today! They are such blessings, aren't they? =) Oh and I did call the Doc before I gave me Son the tylenol! lol But I actually already knew to do that, because like I said they don't know how to get lowgrade fevers. I just didn't have any! Again, thank God for my neighbors kindness yesterday =)

Lisa~ I understand what you mean. There are certain people that I just lose all sense around and turn into this people pleaser, no opinions, just agree with them. I *HATE* that part of myself and honestly have a hard time figuring out how to change it. Should I care what they think? Nope. Do I? Yeppers, way too much. Need to work on that. I think it's wonderful that you want to make things work with your Hubby =) It sounds to me like you guys went through some tough times but that your relationship now is much healthier. It is good that neither of you is forcing the issue but letting things naturally develop again. You never know what the future holds, right? =) Good luck Sweetie!

Phal~ You silly duck, you make me laugh =) I enjoy your posts, no matter the lenght! Why are all men so worried about length? hahaha
Okay, sorry, couldn't help myself!

Jess~ Hey Sweetie =) Hope you are doing well today!

Charles~ Nice to see you around Buddy =)

Well my Son is doing much better today! His temp was 101 upon waking which is great considering you could fry and egg on his head yesterday! I was so tense all day yesterday that I didn't sleep very well last night. Woke up alot and had the weirdest dreams! Dreamt with my Ex and all these Girls that used to make my life miserable in High School! *YUCK* Man was I happy to open my eyes and see my Hubby! hahaha Since he is better I plan on trying to relax somewhat today, get a good workout in =)

XOXO

Suzi
Old 02-25-2009, 11:59 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Do you guys remember me saying I wanted a puppy? Well the lady whom I got my Dog from has a new litter!!! I wish I could get Hubby to give in, they are SO CUTE!!!!!!
Old 02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Classical View Post
Threaten him, honey! Threaten him!!
Or Bribe Him Now where did I put that red corset?!
Old 02-25-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  
mergirl

A guy with a stuffy nose wanted to know if the gas company was hiring today, and with his cold it came out "Are they looking for any peter eaters". . .

I laughed about it all day=)
Old 02-25-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
mergirl

and my list of people's posts not to read grows. . .
Old 02-25-2009, 03:12 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Lisa~ Girl, what's up? You know now I"m curious!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:25 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha!!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Just sayin hello...

Lisa, spill it lady LOL

Suzi, we need puppy pics when you get it! (when.. not if! lol jk)

SH lol @ rehab vets.. hrmm Saw your post.. doesn't seem many did :P

Phal, I don't think I even wanna know.

Warren, g'night sir!

Charles, I first read that post and saw "Sober House is getting better".. and was going to go on about the last episode. Ha! Yes, sober life rocks!

Any and everyone else, big hugs, I'm off to watch Dexter w/ the hubby and pig out on leftover chinese.

nighty night!!

70 days today .. for my non counting sober self.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
mergirl

well, the pet rehab about did it for me with her, not very charitable of me but w/e. There was a pretty scary therapy lady on the co-de thread too, but she went away. Nothing new, same old=)
Old 02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Lisa~ It took that thread for you? Girl I was there a while back! lol Yeah, I read the therapy lady post, it freaked me out a little too.

Okay guys, I'm so tired, it sucks! I love you all very much and will post more in the morning when I actually have some energy!!!!

XOXO

Suzi
Old 02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I can't believe I stayed up so late tonight. I am planning my (now becoming annual) Colorado Motorcycle Ride for August and I have become obsessed with getting all the details worked way in advance.

I am a mapping fanatic. First I lay the trip down on Streets and Trips. Then I go back and use Google Earth to actually drive the whole route looking for road quality and extra things to see using the satellite photos.

The buddy meeting me is also mostly sober these days. He seems to only drink a couple times a year so he will be a good person to share this trip. We both were in the Navy together, and we have another Navy friend in Colorado Springs, which is where we will leave our trucks and trailers.

I have so much more going on in my life before August, so I don't know why I am using it as an escape for now.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha Charles, I am doing the same thing! All week I have been planning my trip to Yellowstone, which isn't until May. If I stay this worked up over it, I'll be too tired to go when it gets here=) The trip is a little bit of a reward to myself. Usually in May or June, I host a 20-30 person camp out on the beach complete with gallons of every liquor imaginable. Yellowstone sounds way better

good morning all!
Old 02-26-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

My 4 year old Daughter now has 102 fever. Dammit!