Notices

Class of January Part 2

Old 01-29-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Jackstone: Welcome back to posting and congrats on 3 days. I'm with you on Super Bowl worries. I may start a thread about it!!!!

Gemeritus: Loved your list. That's a great idea to make it through a tough night. 13 days is FABULOUS.....almost two weeks.....keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!

ViciousCycle: Hope you got a better nights sleep last night. You are doing great! Keep it up and stop that "cycle."

Betreurt: Jobless and sober is better than jobless and drunk. I hope you find something soon. Good day for phone calls since you are snowed in!!! Way to go on 9 days. Hopefully the shakes will be gone soon!

LaDita: You made me laugh with the 33 minutes. You are doing awesome!!! Keep it going and keep us posted!!!

:ghug2
Old 01-29-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Eaglesfan wrote: "I've now completed 17 days sober and I'm feeling great."

Eaglesfan:

Congrats on 17 days!!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Wonky:

At least you are back here today posting!!!!

And thank goodness you did it in January. You must stay in this class.....teachers orders.

:ghug
Old 01-29-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Hey folks, I've spent so much time on the 'newcomers' forum, I didn't know where the class of Jan. went.

Found it.

Jon here, working on day 10.

Out.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Drank two glasses of wine last night, poured the rest of the bottle down the sink this morning..day 1
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Wonnky & Eclipse! Congrats on getting right back to 'class'! That is not easy to do and I applaud both of you on your strength.

Day 4 for me! Slept better last night but crazy dreams. Feel a bit foggy today. Hopefully nothing a cup or five of coffee can't help!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Snowdog, my dreams have been nuts since i stopped drinking. My mind must have something else to do when it's not thinking about booze. I couldn't tell reality from the dream for about five minutes upon waking up this morning! :wtf2
Old 01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eagles Fan View Post
I've now completed 17 days sober and I'm feeling great.
Great job, EF! The clear-headedness is addictive, heya? You and i are pretty close in days, so i'm going to use you to push myself, if that's ok. Be one of my SR muses. :ghug3 Cheers.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Reporting into class - wow we are growing (more of us and more days all together).

Wonky and eclipse - I echo others in saying - good for you for being back right away. Lots of info in the slips and getting back so quickly is reason to celebrate.

In day 19 for me. This time through feels so much more like a commitment - I almost don't want to say that but it is true. I am trying to get more information about who my sober self is - I don't really know her very well! So I am right here in the moment dealing with not drinking, but I have to admit I am starting to think forward into what I will be like over the months as a sober person.. What does she do when she has months of not drinking.

I remember something I read in a story from a long timer - that the drinking becomes a smaller and smaller part of life after years of sobriety - it just diminishes. Given that it occupied headlines in my life during the problem times I would not mind it becoming a footnote over time!

Good to be with all of you in the class of Jan '09!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Kindbird, that's how it felt and continues to feel wrt smoking for me. I used to smoke 1+ packs a day, but since i quit (almost three years ago), my desire has become less and less over that time. Now, i hate the smell of my wife's cigs. I don't tell her to quit (although it'd be great if she did ... for her own health), but definitely get turned off by them. I hope drinking will become just like that. Over my first three weeks, i've had less and less need and DESIRE to drink for any reason. I just have to stay vigilant and strong, always reminding myself i CANNOT drink at all, as i cannot handle it. It's just not an option for me anymore. Plain and simple. Or i hope.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Theaocp - interesting to hear how the smoking urge has worked out in your life - especially since your wife smokes. I share your need to stay vigilant about just not thinking that "someday" I might drink again. I guess if I just ask myself "way would you want to do that?.." I might get it. Right now all I can recall is really yucky stuff from drinking - yucky yucky yucky. And so far this sobriety stuff feels pretty good.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I smoke like a chimney and don't care... as I'm five days sober now and feeling good!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

hey eclipse, don't beat yourself up.

At least I have someone to share my day 1 with!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theaocp View Post
Great job, EF! The clear-headedness is addictive, heya? You and i are pretty close in days, so i'm going to use you to push myself, if that's ok. Be one of my SR muses. :ghug3 Cheers.
If my efforts help you to push yourself that would make me feel great. It would be nice for me to be on a mission to help more than just myself.

Waking up with a clear head is such a great feeling. It gets better and better each day.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I smoke like a chimney and don't care... as I'm five days sober now and feeling good!
That's a great start. I smoked like a chimney for the first week after I stopped drinking. On my second week of sobriety I gave up smoking in addition. Not having either in my system for the last 10 days has been excellent. I hope you reach the point of no longer smoking also.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hey Wonky,

I guess at least we didn't go nuts and drink a ton. I looked and looked at that bottle of wine this morning...I almost thought about just drinking it real quick to be rid of it, but just didn't sound like a good idea drinking in the morning!! So I dumped it before I could think about it anymore...whew.

Have a great day everyone and thanks for the encouragement!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Into day 4 and my dull constant headache is subsiding. Still waking up feeling kind of hung over and kind of fuzzy-headed. The ache in my liver is subsiding also and that is a part of what keeps me going. (kidneys ached also, but I started swimming a lot about a month ago - I hope it was my lower back muscles aching and not my kidneys).

Still worried about getting thru Superbowl Sunday. The group we will be with are pretty big drinkers - most of them can keep up with me! LOL But all of our kids play and hang together also - so its tough to say no, we can't come, and that we're going to watch the game at home as a family. I may make a very tall Club soda with lemon - it will look just like a Vodka tonic w/ lemon.

Enough ramblings for now - JT
Old 01-29-2009, 11:12 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Resident

Good day all. Glad we are all still together. Once again today is pretty much the same as yesterday and that is better than the alternative. Oh, except all the chocolates are gone so I put extra sugar in my coffee.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hey Wonky,

I guess at least we didn't go nuts and drink a ton.
Hi Wonky and Eclipse....ya know? You didn't go crazy, somewhere deep down you stopped yourself. That is awesome. Know what else is great? You are still in the class of January with us! Yay!

Now if we can just get rid of that mean teacher.......LOL
Old 01-29-2009, 03:04 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hello class , its been a while I posted, so just checking in. Still going strong after the monster took me down last week. Going to take it one day at a time .
Just would like to ask if anyone has this problem. Since I've quit, I have been waking up with terrible hangovers. Aspirin never seems to do the trick. Any cure for the bad headache???