Class of January Part 2

Old 01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Good luck eagles fan! Hope you get good news
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eagles Fan View Post
I've made it through 15 days sober now. I'm nervously awaiting a call from my doctor in regards to the results of the ultrasound on my enlarged liver last week.
Fabulous at 15 days Eaglesfan!!! I'll say a prayer for you on your test results. Keep us posted!!!
  # 43 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
ah! You can talk the talk but can you walk the walk?????

oh er row the raft that is:ghug2
Err no

Its one thing to know what something is

Its another to be able to climb aboard it
Old 01-27-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

After i quit smoking, i'd have the occasional dream where i smoked and woke up hating myself until i realized, "Wait a minute! It was just a dream! Thank goodness!"

I'm dreading the same thing happening wrt drinking. Hopefully, it never will. Subconscious addictions! Begone with you! I'm working day 20 and not letting go!

As always, thank you SR and everyone here that makes me feel like i can let all my feelings and stories out without judgment. The relief i continue to feel is that of an emotional dam that burst forth when i quit. I love you all. Cheers.
Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi all you all!

First, Anna & Carol.... Sorry about starting a new thread "class of jan con't"... I didn't know this was moved over here!!! My bad! I guess I should start taking a look around before I jump on something!

Today.... is Day 12! I'm feeling super happy cuz my 21 yr old daughter just called and said she wanted to take me out to the Hard Rock Cafe tonight! Hey any chance I have at spending time with my grown kids, I'll jump on!

After doing a thorough 1st Step (not meaning to offend anyone who's not in AA) yesterday with my sponsor, I feel like there's hope! Not the "head knowledge" kind of hope --- but real heartfelt hope! Don't know what's different this time around, and don't want to analyze it, but man.... it sure feels different! Not on any pink cloud, but am appreciating sobriety none-the-less!

Hope you all are doing well and staying strong! Remember that we're all in this together! Hugs!
:ghug
Old 01-27-2009, 10:28 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
huh?

Day 12.

Who would've thought I could make it this long? Not me, for sure.

Thought I was a closet case, no escape. Never saw myself ever actually wanting to stop drinking. And I didn't want to quit at first, just wanted the da*mn consequences to go away. And the girlfriend to stay. And my sickness not be detectable.

She broke up when my drinking got worse and the behavior followed. It's funny how the gf can let things build up like steam in a kernel of corn. Pop! What's even better is how she can sit back and let me crawl up to her. *slap!* They aren't like us who just need to get out and get on. "Maybe we can work our way back," she says. "You just hang on to the string."

There is no going back. Funny thing, now that the fog has lifted so has her perfection.

Yet she still wants to play, confusion and pain. It's a game even a nurse can subconsciously enjoy.

Just writing this down, as a commitment to stop the madness although I thought I did that after my last drink.

Only one thing bothers me about this. I thought I finally found an ally. Oh well, this is still better than twenty-to-life wishing I was in Attica.

No baggage, or divorce on my resume. Woo hoo! As long as I don't think about the wreckage or disasters I'll be fine.

Enough about my crap, just wanted to air it out.

To those in their first week, welcome! Almost miss my first week, and the feeling of being in a strange world. Not so much.

Fubar, Eagles fan I hope the best for you guys and hope everything checks out!
Old 01-27-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Gemeritus don't dwell too much on the past my friend, you've made the best decision of your life in stopping drinking.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
huh?

Originally Posted by TheWonkydonkey View Post
Gemeritus don't dwell too much on the past my friend, you've made the best decision of your life in stopping drinking.
Thank you, my friend. Actually it's still going on, with this odd "relationship" over the phone. She lives only 25 minutes away, yet we've only seen each other twice in six weeks. She calls all the time, though. Claims she misses me.

I need to work up the guts to end it for good. Having this weird thing with her is messing with my head and making recovery difficult.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
My thoughts are with you today Least. Hang tough.
I don't feel that great myself this morning. Gotta go to the doctor for some tests. I am going to see if he thinks I should be doing anything or taking anything for quitting drinking. I will report in what he says.
Good luck, I've got my 'medical day of reckoning' a week from today...
Old 01-27-2009, 01:57 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello again, afternoon of day two and the mental fog is settling in along with the fatigue. However, I had an important meeting this morning and was so happy to be able to do a good job and not be hung over.

looking forward to maybe better sleep tonight and another morning clear headed!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Reporting in. in the middle of day 17 and doing good. Eagles Fan - let us know how the tests go. We'll be thinking of you.

Good to be here with all of you. I was away from a computer all AM and just had to check in the minute I got home. This site is pretty amazing - it has a life and we all have a life with it, and there sure is a lot of support there!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Wow, just made it through tonight. That was a seriously close call
Terrible cravings, everything I shouldn't be I was. Tired, hungry, stressed everything

Main thing is i'm through them
Old 01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Resident

Well my doctor didn't say anything. He said just keep taking a multivitamin. He was running behind so wanted to get rid of me ASAP. We may not pay for health care here directly but we usually don't get much FtoF time with a doctor either.
Old 01-27-2009, 04:10 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi Class, this sure is a busy place, almost 3 pages since I checked in last night. Things are going fine, but this weekend will be tough. Hubby is leaving for Las Vegas first thing Sunday a.m. for a work/superbowl thing, and wont be back until late Wednesday. Home alone is always the worst for me. I will just have to come up with a plan.

Fubarcdn
- No news is good news
Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Day 2 for me. Feeling the anxiety creeping in and I am really tired. I hate that so much, but I know it won't last forever. No desire to drink at all right now.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:17 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Eagles Fan - let us know when you hear from the doctor.. :praying for you.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hi Class,

Checking in again as I had temptation in my face. I went to the Hard Rock Cafe with my 21 yr old daughter for dinner and to see her boyfriend who bartends there. The place wasn't busy when we first arrived there and sat up at the bar to chat with her bf and eat (usually no big deal for me because I don't drink out in public) however.... it started to get busy and when we were wrapping things up with eachother. I see a Cosmopolitan being served (so pretty in pink and in a martini glass) and said "That's it for me. I'm outta here". My daughter was meeting other friends so I left rapidly (not all stressed out though). She was quite worried that I'd stop off and get some booze on the way home. Was almost out of cigs and HAD to stop though. Did. Got smokes and lottery tickets then came home and thought, "Thank you God for my sobriety and for giving me the strength to high tail it out of there before the "entertaining the drink" set in".

Grateful to be sober tonight! Too close a call in early sobriety, however! I'll think twice before sitting at the bar next time we visit there! It's not worth mindscrewing myself, although it didn't go that far.... this time! Cunning, baffling, powerful.........alcohol!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Awesome praise report Nickishine! Keep up all the hard work class of Jan.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I've now made it 16 days sober and going strong. I'll let you guys know what my doctor says once I hear from him. Thanks for the thoughts and kind words, everyone. I appreciate it very much.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:33 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Nickishine,

That is progress! That "pretty" cosmo is the devil in disguise and you refused him. Great job!!! Keep it up!!!