Notices

Class of January Part 2

Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Why is a mouse when it spins?

Damn, i'm feeling anxious right now. I'm not in a mood to drink, but every little thing seems to be getting on my nerves. Really irritating. Posting helps get it out of my system. Thanks for the class being out there. Cheers.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

theaocp - I have that feeling too - for me it feels like a big block of weight in my chest - about the size of a big shoe box. So I find myself thinking "what do I do with this big block of weight".. I know this would have been a "have a glass of wine" moment in the past (actually, I would have used the fact that I had the anxiety in the afternoon to get that first glass about 5:30).. Sitting with this is new.. I want this shoe box of weight to get off my chest..
Old 01-29-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Jackstone and all others who posted about the Superbowl:

We have to stay strong through this! It is like putting a kid in a candy store and telling them they can't have anything. It would be an awful feeling to 'graduate' on Sat and go back to day one the next day! I for one will be on here alot as our team isn't even in there. Maybe read a good book and shut the bedroom door. Whatever it takes, we can make it!

:ghug2
Old 01-29-2009, 06:16 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Hey Teaocp---I found a tea called "Tension Tamer." It is made by Celestial Seasonings. It has a calming effect and also has 20% of two different B vitamins which drinkers always lose alot of. I am drinking some right now. It also has a special Chinese herb that has a relaxing effect. It is worth a shot?

Dojohn---I had that kind of headache the first 3 days. I for me anyway, that it had something to do with blood pressure. I am sure it takes a plunge after you quit. Ibuprofen worked for me. They said take one, I took two or three and was ok.

Here's hoping for another sober day tomorrow for all of us!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:47 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dojohn2004 View Post
Hello class , its been a while I posted, so just checking in. Still going strong after the monster took me down last week. Going to take it one day at a time .
Just would like to ask if anyone has this problem. Since I've quit, I have been waking up with terrible hangovers. Aspirin never seems to do the trick. Any cure for the bad headache???
From what I understand, eating good, taking B6 and lots of water will help with that. Especially drinking lots of WATER!

Hang in there!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:54 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Thanks VC!
Old 01-30-2009, 12:26 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Nine days and 25 minutes in...feel ok now. A little woozy and sleepy from all the chocolate cookies I just ate. Glad to be here.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
From what I understand, eating good, taking B6 and lots of water will help with that. Especially drinking lots of WATER!

Hang in there!
Good call on the B-vitamins and tons of water. I'm a big fan of homemade juices too (apple + orange + lemon + ginger) --- good for the detox. Gotta get all that nasty stuff out of the system.

I'm officially at day 10, and actually feelin' pretty damn good. No more shakes, getting REAL sleep, not feeling like a zombie through the first part of my day.

Congrats all to a sober day, whichever day it is for you...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Good Morning, All. I've now completed 18 days of sobriety. My sleep is still inconsistent at best, but no matter how little sleep I get, I feel much better in the morning than I would have had I drank the night before.

I hope everyone is still going strong.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:56 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Day six here and feeling a bit better. No energy or ambition but feeling better tho.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 14, feeling a bit blah.

I'll get over it, i'm glad everyone else seems to be doing well.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Morning all- day 5 here- can't believe it! I also can't believe how tough it is- my head is filled with thoughts of drinking from about 2:00 on- again last night it is 10:30 and I am feeling tempted to go buy wine. It is crazy! And exhausting. And no matter how tired I am, I am just not sleeping well. But... I am not hungover!

Love ya all!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
Nine days and 25 minutes in...feel ok now. A little woozy and sleepy from all the chocolate cookies I just ate. Glad to be here.
I'm on day 9 too!!
Awesome, hang tough!

weekend 2 that we will stay sober!
Old 01-30-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

I'm in Class of January by the skin of my nose, but here.
Back after going out there with my "moderate drinking" for 6 weeks..I bet nobody can guess what became of "moderation".

I'm on day 3 and very glad to be back. No alcohol for me today!!!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:05 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hello class!
Kudos to all!
Today is day 7 and wow, it's amazing!
I was so totally gibbled and out of it, when I first came here to SR last Saturday.
Now, I'm just amazed, it's been years since I've gone 7 days without drinking.
I attribute this success in a major, major way, to this website,
and all the people posting here.
Thank you all!
Lets keep it up!
Old 01-30-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Snowdog,

I don't know if it is this way for everyone, but as I posted on the less than 2 wks thread I am on day 10 and just the last few days I seem to have gotten alot more energy. Days 1-7 I didn't seem to care if I left the couch. No energy at all and I was sleeping ok too. It's gotten alot better for me so I hope it will be the same for you.
Old 01-30-2009, 11:38 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning all. It is the Fub checking in. Incase you don't know what FUBAR stands for it is an acronym. I was named this when I was a teen. It stands for Fu**ed Up Beyond All Recognition. I am going to change it to Fixed Up Beyond All Recognition. The cdn stands for Canadian because at the first forum I went to (unrelated to recovery) Fubar was taken. Hang in and be good today. January is coming to an end so I hope you know we never get out of this class. We are in 4 life.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I just went to the store, which I hadn't planned on doing today...but needed some things. I walked past the wine aisle about 3 times, picked up the bottle of wine, put it back, paced around the store trying to decide what to do. Picked it up again saying "I'll start tomorrow", put it back, paced around the store, paid for my groceries and left the store! Whew, that was close.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO ECLIPSE.. You left the store without the wine and that is huge.

Yes - Fixed up Beyond Recognition has a good ring to it Furb -

On day 20 which I have wanted to get to and here I am. This weekend rings in three weeks. Feeling good. Have to admit the longer I am away from the wine the more I look it and think "why would I??".

Thanks class for all your support on this journey.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Its actually day 15 for me today, doh I can't even count properly.