Notices

Class of November Part 4

Old 12-30-2008, 03:40 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

maybe i can just be the water girl and take the car from check point to check point and hand you bottled water to drink while you run/walk

Old 12-30-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  

And I can stand at the edge and cheer you all on
Old 12-30-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Night all :ghug
Old 12-30-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
getting there

Pixy, if you can replicate that dance I would be all for it!

I'm already putting off my first "run" to see how long I can run without collapsing. March is just around the corner though, so I have to get on it soon...

Hey Nands, see how Eclipse is walking despite piles of snow?
Old 12-30-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

maybe i should just strap those stars on my feet

naw our snow is gone...

glad you checked in cg..gonna be a long night i think (snoreing)
Old 12-30-2008, 06:42 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
getting there

I got all wrapped up in the first season of Amazing Race, which I bought yesterday. I never saw it on TV but I've seen a lot of the subsequent seasons. I'm only about halfway through but may finish tonight at the rate I'm going!

The stars on your feet... I like this idea. I wonder if it would be considered cheating to do that in a race.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:20 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I need to be careful not to turn this into the Whiners thread! Maybe I should just come back when I can post something witty or useful...
Old 12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

TSH you come back here..we joke but all laughter aside we share our burdents and solutions too
Old 12-30-2008, 10:01 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Sorry, I had to go touch up my hair dye. I feel a little better now. My hub's grumpy-grumpness was just rubbing off on me - LOL. That, and I'm pi$$ed off at my stupid xbox!
Old 12-30-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Completely off topic but... does anyone watch The Office? (USA version, I've never watched the original BBC version)
Old 12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
getting there

Omg, the Office is one of my favorites!! I own all the seasons on DVD.

So, tomorrow is NYE and my birthday. I can't be positive I won't drink. I know that's not what you all want to hear, but it's the truth. I don't think I'll go crazy or anything, but it doesn't seem right...
Old 12-30-2008, 10:40 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Another Office fan! I, too, own all the seasons on DVD! I also have 2 Office trivia games! Love it, love it, love it! Steve Carrel is da MAN!

I know that's not what you all want to hear, but it's the truth.
Au contraire, colagirl. The truth is exactly what we want to hear. I'd much rather you be honest and me not like what you have to say than you lie to me just to make me happy. I'd love it if you could/would give yourself the gift of sobriety tomorrow. If I can help you in any way please don't hesitate to let me know. I know it will be an extremely tempting day. I totally understand. One step at a time, one minute at a time, ok? Don't seal your fate in advance. Let's just see what happens.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Morning!!!!

Whats all this talk about running? I'm doing a marathon in May... feel free to join in!!!!

I'm getting to the point that i just want this holiday over so I can get back to work and start moving forward in my life again. Just feels like i'm floundering.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Marathon?!? Like.. the real deal? 26 miles?!
Old 12-31-2008, 12:34 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Wibbs your at it too?????

I'm dreading tonight. It's going to end up a a party and I'm p***** off. I bought DVD's and everything so it would be a quiet night. The rest of the family have arrived and they think it would be wrong to have a quiet night. Maybe I'm being selfish.

CG :day1
Old 12-31-2008, 01:43 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

You aren't being selfish Pix...but it isn't always pssoible for us to control our environment...well being a hermit helps to control that...but take my word for it it doesn't work over the long haul!

So what i always say it step back and whatch their karma wirl....you don't have to jump in the middle of it. just let em wirl and focus on simply walking through the chaos as best you can. Jus doing the next indicated thing regardless of what is going on around you.

Just feels like i'm floundering.
OK....someone feels ill, mind not funcitoning well, not able to follow a schedule, not getting to talk to other alchoholics on a regular basis...not the person's fault, but...duhhhhhhhh starts to "flounder"

Sorry you sick wibbles, but maybe it is an opporuntiy to se what kinds of things can help us (not when we are sick, but in regular times) schedules (not to ridgid), assosicating with others who are like us, and most of all being able to focus our mind on the next indicated thing to do (meditation helps me with that)..I know for me that when I'm sick I really cant seem to pull any of that stuff off well and end up curled up crying on the couch cause no one loves me enogh and just full of self pitty which leads to i might as well drink.....yet it is all an illusion...due to my body being sick (including the brain/mind).

What helps? well hve mrs wibbles give you some more chixin soup and some more aw poor mr. wibs. You'll feel better in a few days if you don't drink...promise

I just CANNOT get the vision of wibbles weebling through the marathon in last place....so is everyone gonna quit smoking too? If you remind me I'll start the chantrix tonight.

CG....The real truth is we don't "know" if any of us will make it through the night sober....Of course we all stand a much better chance of that if we do the next indicated things through out the day. I will go to work (late but not to late), I will be sure to eat decent throughout the day, I will allow the opportunity for people to be apart of my day....(yes my sponsor has suggested that I show up for at least an hour at the AA NYE party tonight, and try to act a little more like I do at SR instead of just doing time), I will cook chris Lazana for his Birthday and I'll check in here periodically to be with my friends. I will also go back to bed in a little bit so that I am well rested.

If I just enjoy the peices I can as i walk through this day doing the next indicated thing...there is a good chance I will go to bed sober tonight. (OH...AND HAPPY OR AT LEAST SATISFIED AND CONTENT)
Old 12-31-2008, 01:47 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Another Office fan! I, too, own all the seasons on DVD! I also have 2 Office trivia games! Love it, love it, love it! Steve Carrel is da MAN!

Au contraire, colagirl. The truth is exactly what we want to hear. I'd much rather you be honest and me not like what you have to say than you lie to me just to make me happy. I'd love it if you could/would give yourself the gift of sobriety tomorrow. If I can help you in any way please don't hesitate to let me know. I know it will be an extremely tempting day. I totally understand. One step at a time, one minute at a time, ok? Don't seal your fate in advance. Let's just see what happens.

THANK YOU TSH!!!!! wow that is what i needed to read in the middle of the night!

And CG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
Old 12-31-2008, 02:29 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Yeah sorry Pixx, the Madness is spreading!!!!

Don't know about you but I just want tonight over so i can get back on track
Old 12-31-2008, 02:34 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Two birthdays!

Happy birthday cg!!
Happy birthday son of ananda!!

A marathon Wibble? Now you've just stolen all our thunder!!! I always thought some people had speed, and some people had stamina. I have neither. It's a very frustrating sport for me, but mentally it is excellent. Takes me right out of my head - I think it triggers my survival mechanisms, lol!

There's an American Office? Is Ricky Gervais in it? I love the British one, but that is the only one I've seen.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:17 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Wibbles (hug) (hug) (hug)

I'm sorry you are so down

Just please hang in there...

I dreamed last night that Mrs. Wibbles sent me a purse...very beautiful...and inside of it was a set of knives from you

Wasn't quite sure what to make of that one......