Notices

Class of November Part 4

Old 12-29-2008, 02:09 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Are you feeling any better LB...i'm worried about you (hug)
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
amen to that!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Oooh, look what I found. Don't know if you are a zen buddhist, but here you go, nands.

Simple Systems: Clean Your House as You Go (with an added burst) | Zen Habits

I want to know ... how do you clean a whole house in 30 minutes a week?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm OK nands, just want to be better again. I look very like poo at the moment, but it may also be tiredness. Must, must go to bed early tonight. Don't keep me up, bad SR!!!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

I'll look at it AFTER work

Yes I'm Soto Zen

I think the key to the clean is 30 is to only have a mat to sleep on the floor and sit on and one bowl to eat out of....simplifies things a lot.

must have cigererte!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:16 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by TryingSoHard View Post
amen to that!
I should make that saying my signature tsh!!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Originally Posted by ananda View Post

I think the key to the clean is 30 is to only have a mat to sleep on the floor and sit on and one bowl to eat out of....simplifies things a lot.

must have cigererte!!!!
That sounds like camping!! One bowl, one mat. I'll go tell the kids if they can't keep the house tidy, that's their future, lol!!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody! Have the week off so I just got back from lunch and some shopping. Got a set of new phones for my house... for some reason both of my current ones decided to fall apart at the same time. We'll see how long it takes me to set the new ones up.

Later I'm going to go out and get some headphones suitable for using with my iPod while running. I decided I'm going to sign up for a 5k in March so that I have incentive to start running again.

Sorry to all the sickies out there! Wibbs, you remind me of how an ex was when he was sick... the world was ending!
Old 12-29-2008, 02:44 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

CG, thats fantastic, I couldn't run the length of myself. How are you planning to train?
Old 12-29-2008, 02:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
getting there

I started running about 3 years ago using a program that's based on time rather than distance. Basically it's done in 30 minute increments, and you start out by running 2 minutes, walking 28, then running 4, walking 26, etc. Over the course of a few weeks doing this 3-4 times a week, I was able to run about 40 minutes without stopping. Once you get to that point, then you can work on speed... so if you start out running 2 miles in 30 minutes, you can try slowly getting up to 3 miles or more over time. It worked really well for me, but then I stopped running altogether. I think what I'll do this time is see how long I can run for and start the program from there.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Good luck, CG! I just did a 5k in early November. I'm not a runner so I knew I couldn't RUN the whole thing, but I finished it and I DID run about a mile of it. I'm going to try to be in one or two next summer and actually RUN them. Let us know how you do!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:27 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I promise to start walking as soon as spring hits! honest!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
getting there

Thanks TSH. I've never done an actual race before, but I figured I needed a goal to get me running again, instead of just talking about running again. I don't know how I feel about the running in public thing, but I'll give it a try.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

I finished in 48 minutes. My personal goal had been 45 minutes so I didn't quite make it, but oh well. I finished. I did it. The best time I've ever had running a mile on a treadmill is 11:14 and I've only done that once. I've gotten out of the habit of going to the gym in the past 3 months, so now I bet I couldn't run more than 5 minutes anymore.

I plan on getting my butt back in gear once the kids go back to school on Jan. 5. Maybe I'll start training as if I'm going to be in that 5K with you in March. You can have a "virtual" running partner.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:59 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

pixie!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
getting there

TSH - that's about my mile pace too... I never got very fast, but I was able to gain some endurance.

You should definitely pretend to be in the March 5k with me! As soon as I know the specific day, I'll let you know.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Hi November people, I did get sober in November so I hope its okay for me to but in.

On other threads everyone is going on about the Wii fit, my niece got one for Christmas and Ive already hurt myself playing tennis like Im Martina.

Being a kind and thoughtful girl she donated her nintendo eye toy to me, this is kind of a primative cut price version of the Wii.

So I will be getting fit washing virtual windows, (can you believe any one made that up as a game?) learning to dance and do karate.

I would appreciate it if you could post your mile times as a guide for me as Ive also decided to bite the bullet and try to run, Im not sure if there is a support bra firm enough for me but I figure I can run with my arms crossed for a while. LOL
Old 12-29-2008, 05:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

This is a strange thread Allport.....I post here regardless of rules of membership..we are all a little rebelious like that!

I do not have a WiWi...and do not want a WiWi.....I do not play with WiWis

I just watch you all play with yours.

My sponsor just reminded me that I am sober today...and that matters....kinda wierd how I can forget that sometimes.

Maybe before we fly to england for the tats we can all go run a marathon
Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hey Ananda I havent actually managed a mile yet, never mind a marathon.

Playing with the Wiwi is much more fun than watching believe me.

Yeaach that sounds a bit pervy!
Old 12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
getting there

I want a Wii so bad!!! I just can't justify the cost. I know... I can figure out my average drinking cost and when I've stopped long enough to equal the cost of a Wii, I'll buy one.

Before I stopped running my mile was about 10-11 minutes. I would love to get to about 8 or so. I am in awe of the people who can do a five-minute mile. Allport, do you want to join our virtual 5K?

PS - I think you might be one of the only ones on this thread who still has a November sober date (good job!). Most of us have either been sober way longer (like Nands and Fizzy) or have slipped up in December (I'll let you do the math).

HEY! The smilies are for New Years now! Can we still use the stars? Let me try: