Notices

Whiners Anonymous - Part 16

Old 11-13-2008, 10:18 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
My whine du jour...stores who change all the shelves around and nothing is where it has always been!! Catfood SHOULD be on Aisle 3...I found it in Aisle 6...which means I had to look in Aisle 4 and 5 just working my way over there.

'Scuse me Store Arrangement Guy!!! I work all day and am tired when I come to your store and don't need to go on a treasure hunt trying to find food for my Toby.

Sheesh, does he not KNOW who I am???
oh! i have a store whine! i drove to my mall last night in the cold rain, parked, walked far into the OUTSIDE MALL in the dark drizzle on no supper so i was hungry and tired to get to the crate and barrel store to buy a wedding gift ----

CRATE AND BARREL STORE CLOSED FOR THE NIGHT FOR AN EMPLOYEE PARTY!

Old 11-13-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ok, her house is clean and sprayed for fleas and vacuumed. Had to clean up several pee and poop spots on rug and floor. I listened to her complaining about little kitty not using the litter box and told her, again, that the box isn't clean enough to suit kitty. She (again) said, "oh yes it is!" I said, "oh no it's not. If kitty doesn't think the box is clean enough she'll pee and poop elsewhere. Since you're not the one using the box, your opinion on its cleanliness doesn't count". She keeps insisting it's clean enough despite her cats' behavior to the contrary.

I Advantage'd her remaining cat and sprayed the carpet upstairs and down. Asked her if she's been giving fatso her twice daily antibiotic. She said "what antibiotic?" So I had my answer. Also took up the full dishes and dumped the food (way too much and way more than the tiny amount fatso is supposed to get) into the container. Asked her why she was still leaving food out all day when the vet and I both told her not to. She said "it's only a little bit". I just keep saying the same old stuff, over and over, but may as well be talking to the wall. I feel bad for her cats, for all that she loves them she does them no good service by letting them eat themselves into a coma or diabetes.

And any info I give her which goes against her routine is dismissed as 'critical' of her. I give up.

And still feeling sh!tty and sick to my stomach so hell, I'm going to take a nap with the dogs!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

My roommate has a thing about pulling the call light chord...gets up during the night to go to the bathroom. She fell again for the fourth time last night...didn't want to go to the hospital, even though the EMT's were here. So, I was up the rest of the night as they came in to check on her.

Today, she doesn't remember that she fell, and was up and at it again, going out the door to "find someone" to take her to the bathroom. The aide came in, took her, got her dressed and wheeled her down to sit near the nurses's desk with the other "fall risks".

I'm afraid, if she doesn't get with the program, they'll be alarming her bed, which means both of us will be up all night every time she even moves. Talk about SHEESH!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I'll say it for you Jerz... Sheeeesh! :ghug3:
Old 11-13-2008, 12:03 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
I'll say it for you Jerz... Sheeeesh! :ghug3:
Me too Jerz
....and I'll blame you for a whine...lol, only joking...just posted on your new movie thread and now, I can't get a certain theme tune out of my head...ha ha
Hi Storm oxo
:ghug3 all
Old 11-13-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

I'm out of halloween candy in my desk drawer.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
IO Storm

To the store Scoob..to the store..aisle 6!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Have to go to the bus stop to pick up my son in half an hour and am a bit afraid because yesterday the bus driver said she had to tell him 5x's to sit still and stay in his seat. She said he may be kicked off the bus if he continues. He also had to move his clip to the red light. Not a stellar day for the boy. He wrote an apology to the bus driver and "promised" me he would behave. I am praying he doesn't get booted off the bus. Well that's my whine for today folks.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Had a nice nap but woke up still feeling crummy.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:30 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
To the store Scoob..to the store..aisle 6!!!!!!
If Aisle 6 is still there and they haven't played musical aisles and moved everything around just to annoy Queen Whiners like me!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 05:04 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My sister thinks our mom should go to her doctor (a good doctor and a kind man) and be checked for early dementia and possible scrip for a 'demential' memory medicine. It's up to brother and me to talk her into it, but fortunately she and I have the same doctor so I can talk to him about my concerns.

I dread broaching the subject to her as she'll likely see it as 'criticism' and 'trying to put her in a nursing home' - which is not the objective. It's up to bro and me as we're the only two of her four kids in the same town. So we see this up close and personal and are not imagining things. Makes me feel bad for her as she's always been a smart capable person but has really 'slipped' in the last few years in her memory getting pretty bad.

It's really depressing for me to think about, but I"m also being a realist here. The day may well come when we have to care for her and I don't want to pretend to be shocked when that day comes. If we can get her on a med for her memory problems that may be half the battle.

Please keep us in your positive thoughts.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Just a quick update - Son did have a stellar day today and stayed on the green all day and NO incident on the bus!! YEAH!!!!! Thanks all that asked.

My next whine - Dear Mom said that I will look back at this incident and wish I could return there because his problems will be bigger as he gets bigger. Sheesh! She was right when she said you will wish he was a baby again after he starts walking. I hope she is wrong about the other because my worse fear is he turns into me and has this addiction. Sorry, but its true.

Least you are not only in my positive thoughts, but my prayers too. It is hard ground you're treading on, but it is a fate we all face with our parents at some time. Hopefully, you will head it off now through modern medicine and that's the prayer going up for you.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:31 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

kk
tired to get to the crate and barrel store to buy a wedding gift ----
why dont you just get them a crate and a barrel, and let them make something... ha, togetherness!

and queen'y, aisle 6 is now aisle 6B
Old 11-13-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Administrator

hey HL - just wanted to say I really believe that the way we're parented counts for a helluva lot - nothing is determined on genetics alone....

I know you're a great mom and I wouldn't worry too much...your little boy sounds great (and very normal) to me

D
Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

No whines for me today...yet
OK..projection...out all day tomorrow so not sure if I'll get on here....depends what time I get back

Have a great Friday everyone
Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

NO WHINE YET!!!!

I think it is a minor miricle....
Old 11-14-2008, 06:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I wonder if this feeling sick is just stress? Financial stress is, as always, overwhelming, and no cure for it coming from a small fixed income. Also (always) worried about BK. She's not learning much from her counseling sessions, at least not when it comes to making better judgement calls. She gets herself stranded at someone's house and calls me at night for a ride home. Then when I tell her I don't drive at night (for the millionth time) she threatens to walk home.

And the house she was calling from last night is populated by two licensed drivers and two cars!!! But she won't ask them cause it would be 'rude' to ask them!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by scoob View Post
I'm out of halloween candy in my desk drawer.
You just reminded me...my niece never came bringing left-over Halloween candy!!! Whatsup with that!?!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

I HATE THIS PLACE!!! I was sitting out by the nurse's desk, and a couple of aides wheeled a woman to the shower. The chair has a big circle that your butt fits in so they can wash your bottom. They had a bath towel thrown around her, but one whole side was uncovered...and her rear end was hanging out of the bottom of the chair!!! I said (loud enough for everyone to hear me), "I hope they don't take me to the shower looking like that."

The nurse said, "Why, what's the matter?"
Me, "She's showing everything but her boobs!"
Nurse, "I guess they didn't notice."
Me, "Two of them, and neither one noticed?"
Nurse, "I guess not...only you, Rae."
Me, "Yes, only me, Jill. You know, just because we're here, doesn't mean we have no pride left."
Nurse, "I come to work, and get yelled at...if it's not the DON, it's the residents."
Me, "I'm not yelling at you...just saying I hope they don't take me to the shower looking like that."
Nurse, "I'll pass on the message."
She went into the shower room, and I could hear her saying something to the aides.

I'm sitting here crying, because I can't accept the things I cannot change! If you complain to anyone about anything, they say they'll take care of it; but, they're just pacifying us. They treat us like we all have dementia. I repeat:

I HATE THIS PLACE!!!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Why are Oreo's fattening?!? IT'S NOT FAIR!!!