View Single Post
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

I HATE THIS PLACE!!! I was sitting out by the nurse's desk, and a couple of aides wheeled a woman to the shower. The chair has a big circle that your butt fits in so they can wash your bottom. They had a bath towel thrown around her, but one whole side was uncovered...and her rear end was hanging out of the bottom of the chair!!! I said (loud enough for everyone to hear me), "I hope they don't take me to the shower looking like that."

The nurse said, "Why, what's the matter?"
Me, "She's showing everything but her boobs!"
Nurse, "I guess they didn't notice."
Me, "Two of them, and neither one noticed?"
Nurse, "I guess not...only you, Rae."
Me, "Yes, only me, Jill. You know, just because we're here, doesn't mean we have no pride left."
Nurse, "I come to work, and get yelled at...if it's not the DON, it's the residents."
Me, "I'm not yelling at you...just saying I hope they don't take me to the shower looking like that."
Nurse, "I'll pass on the message."
She went into the shower room, and I could hear her saying something to the aides.

I'm sitting here crying, because I can't accept the things I cannot change! If you complain to anyone about anything, they say they'll take care of it; but, they're just pacifying us. They treat us like we all have dementia. I repeat:

I HATE THIS PLACE!!!