Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 122

Old 03-13-2023, 11:33 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Good Morning 🌞

Zen - it's always nice to have a slow day, gives us time to stop and smell the roses, which it sounds like you did!

Alpine - I'm so glad you got to have a meal out! Mmmmm burgers 🤤.

Jack - fantastic on staying quit!! Gosh hearing snoring through the walls sounds, very frustrating. Glad you've atleast got earplugs when you need them. I hope they're effective enough!

FBL - hope it's a great week of sober adventures.

NL, Fearless & Hev - It is hard to know if your going to ever get a loving relationship with them back on the other side, although right now I'd just settle for civility 😂. Not a nice energy to have in your home! I do try to remember it's just the necessary seperation from the primary caregiver (us poor mums cop it though). It's sort of like a back handed compliment really 😂.

The strange thing was, not long before his descent into the hormonal abyss he sent me a message saying he loves me and he always will, no matter what he says. I guess he sensed this change was coming, almost six years later I still have that message 😂. He never outright says he hates me or calls be the B word etc (to my face anyway 😂 ) which is quite common these days, so there is that 😂.

But, yes we do have daggerless interactions on occassion 😂 so all is not lost. He also can show some level of empathy when things go very wrong for me and he's very protective of me so I know there's still love under there somewhere. Anyway we will see how it all pans out when he's older, just have to have faith that his attitude realigns. I'm sorry you have to deal with that Hev.

CBS - I somehow missed you had your grand daughter along with you, how lovely!

Turs - haha inner control gremlin, love it! Yes the lil bugger always makes a reappearance 😂. I hope you do get a chance to get away in the camper shortly when the weather permits and your up to it.

This morning I am grateful:
- for a lovely afternoon yesterday putting up plant stands and organising terracotta/glazed pots. With all the produce growing these have just sat there.....for about ten years now 😂.... as I didn't have time or energy for ornamentals (although the inside shelves will host winter herbs and microgreens 😂 ).
- for the opportunity to try and find something that has a bit of colour in winter for the outside pots (can't be all work, all the time).
- for the opportunity to finally do some kintsugi on the broken pots, another thing I've been meaning to do for a long time.
- to be considering stopping being such a frugal Scrouge and splashing out on regular massage therapy, with all the hard work it's not frivolous but an act of self care?? Right?? 😂.

Best wishes to all ❤️.
Old 03-14-2023, 02:52 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Grateful for my family/friends here.
Grateful I got more fabric yesterday. Trying to stock up with a bunch for when I come back after surgery to keep me occupied with sewing. I have no plans for it yet
Grateful for my lasagna rolls I made last night. Yummm.
Grateful for my coffee
Old 03-14-2023, 03:07 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

[/url]
Old 03-14-2023, 04:52 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:19 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Alpine, YES to that meme! What an incredible difference it makes.
Zura, massage is definitely self care, and I completely agree with you about the negative energy in the house. I just pray it will lift some day. And try to find support where I can in the meantime.
Fearless, I wish I knew how to create and use spreadsheets!

Grateful
- for persevering and fixing my vacuum (not a complicated fix—just had a rock and other stuff lodged in the wand/attachment part—but for me it was something to get through the steps to even diagnose the issue and find a solution to getting the stuff out) AND hanging one single blind. I feel like for so many people it would be very simple and quick to hang a single blind. But not me. I have like 78 tools strewn about and it took me for EVER but I got it done!
- grateful that a while back I paid a guy to install some of the same blinds in my bedroom. I had to reverse engineer and copy how he did it (the stuff that came with the blinds didn’t really work exactly). I feel now it was money well spent even though it felt kind of frivolous at the time. Gave me a new appreciation for what I was purchasing—problem solving, expertise, etc.
- for my vacuum. When it is working it is awesome!
- that I will see a good friend tonight. The kind of friend who can just hold space for me and not tell me what to do. I am trying to surround myself more and more with people like this and to do the same for others to the best of my ability.
- grateful that with age comes discernment
- that the time change fell at the beginning of spring break so there is some time to adjust
- for kindness and support here
- for a day to do the right thing over and over. Or the next appropriate/indicated action as I like to say. Sometimes “right” feels like the wrong descriptor. There is not always an objectively right path. You have to just do the best you can in that moment with what you know and what you are capable of. At least that’s what i tell myself when I am being kind to myself.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:14 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Alpine, yes to that meme. Lol!
Numblady, so true that there is not always an objectively right path. We are all trying to do the right thing for our individual circumstances. Your handy skills are so impressive!
Hev, that is so much snow! Don’t turn into a snowman!
Turps, I’m glad you brought that up about sleep. I have another friend who does the same thing. Rather than stay in bed and force sleep becoming more anxious, he gets out of bed and does stuff. It doesn’t always help him get back to sleep later. Sometimes it does. But it makes him feel way less anxious and more calm and settled, just at peace with the situation. And yes, more time in the day 😊
Free, I am so sorry you have to deal with total absent relationship with son. Yes, I’ll take the grouchiness
Zura, I like that - a back handed compliment. Certainly it is. Lol. I’m glad you kept that message from your son. You will always cherish it no matter what. I still tell my son I love him most nights before bed even if it’s just through his closed bedroom door or over a text with a heart emoji. Sometimes he’ll say it back in a grouchy irritated tone. One time he said love you too, go away. Lol.
Grateful for all of you so much. Don’t know what I’d do without our computer family ❤️
Grateful to see least on bedtime thread with Billie
Grateful I like my hair cut and color. Still growing it out but the split ends had to be trimmed
Grateful for a wonderful work team who supports each other so well
Grateful to realize that too much Google research on all the potentially bad things that can happen is really not a good thing and is terrible actually. I have OGD. That’s obsessive Google disorder. I will stop
Grateful to work on improving my inner dialogue and self care. Zura, yes to massage! I. Going to make an appointment too
Old 03-14-2023, 07:48 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Hi all

Quick gratitude check-in
Gratitude--

--to still be learning.
--get outside to go and shop before the rain (I hope).
-- electric motor/battery kit on my mountain bike.
-- food store not far away from me.
-- rescue services during the next expected rain storm. Mudslides and flooding going on in my state.
-- kitty head bumps.

Have yourselves a sober, safe and sane day.

Old 03-14-2023, 09:25 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

NL great job fixing the vacuum. That must have felt good.
Fearless I am guilty of Dr. Googling. Though I have been really good lately. It is terrible for my health anxiety.
Zen I hope you got the shopping done before the rain.
Alpine When is your surgery?
Zura massage is a great idea. We all should get them regularly. My daughter is a newly licensed Massage therapist and would agree! ;0)
Turs I hope you are able to get out in your camper soon.
Hev I would gladly take some of your snow.

Grateful I got 2 nagging little projects done for work this morning.
Grateful for my sobriety.
Grateful when my cat decided to poop in my office this morning it was easy to clean up. Have no idea why she did that.
Grateful for sunshine even if it is cold and windy out there.
Grateful I don't have a tennis match today in the cold wind.
Grateful for SR and the GP.

Old 03-14-2023, 09:30 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

CB, surgery number one as of now is on the 21 of this month
Old 03-14-2023, 10:00 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Zura - That message from your son is everything. I'm sure you refer to it all the time.
Alpine - In one week we will all be with you in spirit. I'm glad there's a date set.
Grateful we still have power. Not sure how much snow we'll actually get - so far, not as much as predicted.
Grateful I did laundry & other chores in anticipation of a power outage. I might actually be able to read or something pleasant.
Grateful for the kindness, understanding, & good humor shown here every day.
Old 03-14-2023, 10:47 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Alpine, love that sheet meme! Wish mine were marked!!
Grateful to just stay home another day. My cold is getting much better, but still have a lingering cough. I think I'll be well enough to go camping tomorrow (especially since it's glamping in my van with a heater and running water).
Grateful I'll have therapy later today. Grateful also to be feeling like maybe I'll wrap up/discontinue my therapy soon. I sorta feel like I'm getting pretty settled in to my new life without Mr. T. I know grief never really ends, but it does get easier to live with. I don't want to pay for therapy forever, and am feeling like I'm ok to launch on my own. Maybe that's a mistake, who knows?
Grateful for this group. I feel grounded and warm & fuzzy after our morning check-ins.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:30 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good Morning 🌞

Free - I think we cross posted and I missed your post. So sorry you experience that with your son.

Alpine - haha omg right 😂 SO annoying putting the bottom sheet etc on the wrong way. I think I'm a day ahead so your surgery will likely be the 22nd here, making a mental note.

NL - good job on the vacuum, I'm right there with you on that one! I thought mine was broken once but revived it, so simple.....yet so hard....there's alot to manage in life, especially for solo people and parents.

Fearless - OGD haha love it. I'm glad you like your new hair do!

Zen - yes to learning new things, blows out the cobwebs. I started something new yesterday and laughed at how uncomfortable it was, so I'm taking baby steps. The old synapses aren't firing like they used too 🤣.

CBS - Ive often felt drawn to massage therapy as a career, but you have to be in good shape. Oh no, what a lovely and thoughtful gift from the cat 😸.

Hev - so glad your prepared but hoping everything goes smoothly with the snow storm.

Turs - if you feel ready, it's probably the right time 🤷. You could always go back if you need to. Or if there are telephone support lines where you live that you could use when things pop up unexpectedly.

This morning I am grateful:
- that my daughter and her partner are ok after what could have potentially been a terrible accident. It's an absolute miracle they didn't crash after spinning way out of control on a rural road. Country roads are so dangerous.
- that I was available to comfort my daughter and stay on the phone with her until she felt better. Poor thing had a terrible fright and was understandably shaken.
- to be getting along with the day to day.
- that my son had a friend over, he's usually very reclusive.
- for early mornings and coffee ☕.

Best wishes to you all ❤️.
Old 03-14-2023, 02:13 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Gratitude for others

I’m grateful for everyone who stood by me when many didn’t. I’m not sure I deserved it, but it feels all the more amazing that they did.
Old 03-14-2023, 03:11 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Heading to preop early tomorrow so I do some grats now
Hevyn, it is snowing a bit here but is also windy so it is not collecting much
Turs, I am happy you are feeling better
Zura, grateful your daughter is okay
Hi Matt!!
Grateful for all of you
Grateful I will have leftover lasagna rolls for dinner tonight with a salad
Grateful we may have a fire tonight
Grateful for the pretty view out my window.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:24 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:49 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Zura, I'm so glad your daughter and her partner are OK! That sounds so scary.
NL, I really admire your willingness to just get in there and figure s@#$ out! My husband is extremely handy, but he's so busy that it takes forever to get something done. He did a lot of beautiful renovations in our last house, and while it saved money and contractor headaches, I often fantasized about paying a pro to just knock it out already!
Turs, I love hearing about your glamping.
Alpine, a fire sounds amazing, I hope you enjoyed it.
Hev - jealous of your snow, but the thought of a power outage would really stress me out!

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful I can telework today, and not be out and about in the cold anymore than I absolutely have to!
Grateful to catch myself overthinking and (sometimes) stop it.
Grateful for funny stuff on the internet.
Grateful my meetings went OK yesterday, and today is a light day.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 03-15-2023, 04:57 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Hi Matt! Welcome.
Free, yes very sorry about your son. That sounds very painful.
Zura yes, a lot to manage. That is a good way to put it! Every electronic, phone, room, part of the yard, activity, etc. for a household potentially need maintenance, cleaning, fixing, replacing, etc. Can feel overwhelming.
Fearless glad to hear of the least/Billie sighting.
CBS, really glad your daughter is ok and you could be there for her like that.
Alpine, thanks for sharing the date of first surgery.
Hev, hope you were able to get some relaxing/reading in.
Turps, agree with CBS that if you feel ready to discontinue that’s probably the sign. I wish I was there because it’s so freaking expensive but I feel like I have a long way to go and maybe more than that just seem to have so many ongoing challenges with the kids and ex that i can’t stop.
Zen, did you add the electric/battery kit to your bike or did it come like that? Regardless, sounds cool! I have been a very bad e-bike user despite my initial excitement. I guess largely since the primary reason I ever drive is to cart other humans.
Hi FBL!

Grateful
- my dreams again were just dreams
- I should have some time later to rearrange the garage
- a nice time with my friend last night. And she gave me a fancy breadmaker. Way nicer than the eight dollar one I got at the thrift store though I was still impressed that it worked and worked well considering the price. Grateful we could bond over kid struggles and she kindly volunteered her wife to come over and help me with household projects !
- to have plenty of food
- for all of you.
Old 03-15-2023, 05:00 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi PS! Again we cross posted! That totally makes sense re: husband. A lot of the posters in the handy women group are ladies who just got tired of waiting for their boyfriends, husbands, partners to do the thing already. I’m really excited that several of the things I’ve done are things my ex was unwilling or unable to do—and I’ve done them! It feels pretty good.
Old 03-15-2023, 07:08 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Palmer -- I too like the funneyness on the interweb.
Numb -- DYI kit of 2 components purchased separately, #1 Rear wheel with motor in center of the spokes tire all assembled and throttle, electrons, handbrakes,,,everything needed for the electric conversion. #2 One 48v battery and rear rack to mount the battery. 25 mph top speed Good on you for taking on jobs that men do. Power tools are your friend

Grateful--

-- to be interested in a bread maker
-- for implementing a 'move the body and do more stuff' is working
--getting out of my comfort zone
-- coffee and putting of nap for latter
-- Grat Pack wisdom & learning.
-- my friendly peers here at SR

Old 03-15-2023, 07:16 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Alpine, thinking of you and sending a big hug as you prepare!
Numblady, absolutely love my bread machine! Also grateful for the recipe book that came with it. Otherwise I would t have a clue.
Matt, so good to see you here. This is an amazing group for support!
Zencat, stay safe out there. We are in the same state. I’m in the north Bay Area.
Turps, glad your cold is lifting and you are feeling the strength from therapy
Zura, whew! So scary about daughter and country roads and glad she is ok
CBS, sorry about the poop but glad it was easy. I’ve been there 😂
Grateful to laugh about news sensationalism. They mentioned “toppling skyrises and collapsing buildings in SF”. Sure, falling glass from a 52 story building from high wind is bad. But not as much as collapsing would be. Lol. Glad no one has been hurt.
Grateful to laugh hysterically last night with sonny boy trying to whistle and roll his Rs
Grateful to play RISK
Grateful to make progress on vacation plans. Baby steps for a big trip visiting 4 states
Grateful for sleep
Grateful for power and water
Grateful for a team meeting today
Grateful for a coaching session with my coach tomorrow