Notices

Morning Gratitude Part 115

Old 05-13-2022, 10:20 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Overforty - So happy to have you here being grateful.
Fearless - Relieved to hear from you, & that there are no major physical problems.
Grateful for another sunny day with chipmunks, squirrels, birds - and lots of big fat bees. They love the azalea bushes & are happily pollinating.
Grateful I finished my semi-annual ironing.
Grateful it's TGIF & not a bit of alcohol in sight.
Grateful for all the posts today.
:
Old 05-13-2022, 10:49 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Hevyn, My MIL irons her pillow cases and night gowns.
Old 05-13-2022, 01:31 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Fearless I'm so glad your son is home again and hope you manage to get some much needed rest.

Welcome overforty, im newish to gratitude too and everyone is lovely 😍

grateful its credit day on amazon audible.

Grateful tomorrow is going to be sunny and less windy than today.

Grateful I'm not working the entire weekend, just some of it.

Grateful finally figured out how to do an avatar - very basic and boring but its a start lol.

Old 05-14-2022, 04:14 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Grateful I slept well
Grateful it is the weekend
Grateful we are going canoeing at a different lake today
Grateful I am sober
Grateful I saw some humming birds yesterday
Old 05-14-2022, 05:33 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Overforty agree with others. There is no such thing as barging into this thread. All are welcome!
Britbird, I’ve been on here several years and I don’t even know if I have an avatar so I’d say you are doing pretty well. ETA: okay just checked and nope! No avatar. You are inspiring me to make one though!
Hev, your husband’s gardening sounds like mine. Things would grow but just not like they were supposed to. I am happy to leave things to the farmers though on some level I know it would be good to know how to produce food. All our potatoes are getting completely scorched right now. It is brutally hot and not breaking any time soon here. I find this so stressful. Glad I’m not an actual farmer.
Turs, dummmmmmmmmplings. I need to get back to my go-to place soon.
PS, glad your husband is back and getting the treatment.
ClearPath, sounds like the drive was okay on the ol’ back? Hope so! And so glad you are reunited with your son while he has a summer break on his journey into full adulthood.I remember when you were first moving him out to school .

So grateful Fearless’ son is back home. Prayers for continued recovery and support.
Grateful I met with my paralegal yesterday and to know how I can take the next steps on my case. grateful she acknowledged their form was confusing as hell and she even asked for my input on how to fix it going forward (without billing me for the time).
Grateful for lawyers. People like to make fun of us but it can feel nice to have someone whose job it is to advocate for you in a way you can’t for yourself.
Grateful I was born where I was born when I was born. Just thinking of Ukraine as someone pointed out. And just so many places in the world where it is much harder just to be alive than it is here with my lovely first world problems.
Grateful to be walking with a friend later.
Grateful for PS’ dog advice. That’s a good way to look at it—that we’re the only thing on the dog’s social calendar. Now to figure out a way to bring more to the table for her. It’s hard because I can’t really take her anywhere and she’s super aggressive on walks. I basically take her once a week if I can to this place where people go to dump trash because that’s how we avoid other dogs.
Grateful I did not set an alarm today. Still didn’t sleep great but it also felt a bit luxurious just to know I didn’t really HAVE to get up by a certain time, other than in time for a 9 a.m. walk.
Grateful for SR, GP and HP!
Old 05-14-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

NL, the drive was tolerable and the back is feeling better. Thanks for asking and I hope that you are feeling better as well. It sounds like your work week ended on a high note and that you have some 'you' time on your schedule for today. Enjoy!
Fearless, I am so happy to hear your positive news and hope that you have been able to recover as well.

Grateful for a beautiful day, which will be spent catching up on much-needed yard work.
Grateful for another good night's sleep, and the renewing effect that it always brings.
Grateful for the Facebook post that my daughter posted yesterday, thanking her dad and mom for all they've done for her over the years. Amazing what three kids of her own has done for her perspective!
Grateful to live in a mature neighborhood, with fully-developed trees and a thriving bird community.
Grateful for my sobriety journey and all that I am learning about myself because of it.
Old 05-14-2022, 07:31 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Grateful for all of you here
Grateful I actually fell asleep before hubby around 9 pm
Grateful I didn’t freeze playing golf yesterday
Grateful we had a meeting with windows guy, they are 28 weeks out. The house will have two feet of snow on it by then
Grateful that my daughter has made it two years sober! I know of NO OTHER PERSON who works so hard, daily, to gain insight, self awareness, and is brave to feel feelings. She has come so far……
Grateful for morning coffee
Grateful for retirement

Old 05-14-2022, 07:41 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

NL, glad you have someone nice and smart to help you out. My husband family has a sister and his dad are lawyers, and he ended up a dr. Pretty sweet resources.

Turs, I totally understand. Sleeping in our own beds, and the sameness of home is so comforting, even on a wonderful road trip!

CP, glad your back is ok.

Alpine, you CRACK ME UP! Yes, get a cucumber, put it in the garden, then take hubby and MIL with Riley ‘for a stroll around the garden” 🤣😂😅

Hev, hope you are doing well on your healthy living plan. I’m reading the Biology of Desire. It’s an amazing book, helps us understand the brain pathways we forge when we give in to impulses, which can sometimes turn into compulsion. I wanted a second brownie last night, but when hubby said no to the second one, I did too. They were sooooo good, and I really wanted another. But heck, I forgot all about it in 10 short minutes. Normal brain function or old age, not sure but it worked either way.

Brut, glad you found how to do an avatar. I’ve been here going on four years, and JUST uploaded an album on my CP user page a couple months ago. I’m tech dumb.

Overforty, so glad you are here! Yes, we are an AMAZING bunch.

Wishing least safe travel prayers today.

Fearless, rest well sweetie! So glad you popped in, and it seems sonny boy will recover.

PS, glad your hubby is doing okay. The summer will fly by and before you know it, you will be moving your son into school.

CBS, hope all is well with you, and that your sadness is giving way to fond memories of your mom and brother. You’ve had a lot to deal with and have stayed sober through it all!

If I’ve missed anyone, I’m sorry. Not intentional.

Good day!
❤️🤓❤️🤓❤️🤓
Old 05-14-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Fearless, thank you so much for checking in. I'm happy he was discharged but it sounds like there's a lot more to deal with. You got this - and we are here with you. Please get as much sleep and rest as you possibly can.
Free, that's wonderful about your daughter's sobriety! I'm so worried about my kids developing addiction (especially my older one, as he gets ready to go off to college - that's when my alcohol problems first started). I've made lots of comments to him about being very cautious about drinking, but have stopped short of discussing my own issues.
NL, that's tough about the dog's behavior. My dogs mostly ignore other dogs and save their aggression for each other. Have you used a trainer? Also, I'm so happy that you're getting the legal support you need to move forward.
Hev, ironing is a lost art that I never mastered. One of my kids actually saw an iron in the house and asked what it was!!! Alpine, your MIL is next-level but I kind of admire it?
Clearpath, I love reading your posts, thanks for joining us - same to overforty!
Oh, and for avatars - if you search "free small stock photos" there are so many to choose from.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to watch my son play his lacrosse game last night (last one of the season). Grateful he loves it so much. Grateful one of the other moms introduced herself to me and was really friendly.
Grateful for the lunch to celebrate my old boss yesterday. It was so nice to bond with some folks from my old group. Grateful for the positive impact he had on my life, one of the best people I've ever known. Grateful I was assertive about his wife not putting photos on FB (in a joking way - but the point was made).
Grateful I was able to sleep in super late today.
Grateful my dogs patiently waited for us to wake up and give them breakfast.
Grateful for their unconditional love and affection.
Grateful to be sober.
Old 05-14-2022, 09:54 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

PS glad you got to sleep in. I try to sleep in on the weekends now and my body wants to get up. Unlike when I was drinking and would stay in the bed hungover when I could.
Free that is great that your daughter is 2 years sober!
CP I am glad you get to enjoy nature outside your home. I do too. My back yard is pretty big and full of trees. It is overgrown though. I am actually thinking of hiring goats to come weed for me. It is a thing. Very environmentally safe.
NL I am glad you are finding the attorneys and paralegals helpful. I am too for my mother's estate. I am co executer with my sister. I am going to try to do as much work as I can to save on fees. But I will need them for some things.
Alpine I hope you enjoy your canoe adventure. I need to do that again soon.
Hev I am glad you are sleeping well.
Fearless I hope you got some rest and that you get some answers about your son. So glad you are out of the hospital.

Grateful to have finally watched Encanto with my granddaughter last night. Now I am more current on her interests.
Grateful to so far be covid free. But it seems to be everywhere. We just found out my granddaughter's teacher has it.
Grateful I went to the garden shop and bought some herbs and vegetables to plant in my garden. I need to amend the soil first though.
Grateful the rain has stopped and hope I can get a walk in.
Grateful for my sobriety.,
Grateful for SR and the GP.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Fearless, thinking of you. I agree with PS - you got this. But it does sound like a stressful situation, and we're here for you.
Grateful for this quiet, sunny morning.
Grateful my neighbors asked me to join for a very casual backyard barbecue with a bunch of other neighbors. Grateful I got up the courage to go. Socializing while grieving Mr. T has been hard at times ... this neighbor has invited me before, and I trusted him enough to be honest --- I said "I'm not ready now, but would love for you to keep inviting me, because one of these days I'll be ready". So grateful I was ready yesterday.
Grateful to have plans to babysit my grandbaby this afternoon.
Grateful to be setting up my new campervan with a rug, and bedding, and kitchen stuff ... it's fun to 'play house'.
Old 05-14-2022, 10:17 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Your mil's ironing habits made me lol. My grandmother used to iron her sheets. Hope the canoeing is fun.
Britbird - Avie is not boring - very classy.
Numblady - I don't understand the disdain for lawyers - I've encountered only helpful, sympathetic ones who really know their stuff.
ClearPath - We have a mini bird sanctuary too. They're very active right now, guarding nests - & waking up at 4:00am.
Free - I think I'll have a look at that book - thanks for the suggestion. I'm not trying hard enough. (I would've had the 2nd brownie & maybe a 3rd. ).
PalmerSage - I used to watch my mom iron our frilly dresses & thought it looked like fun. Nope.
My son, despite having 2 alcoholic parents (not the current MrHev) has never been interested in alcohol or drugs. He's in his 40's now, so I hope we're safe.
CBS - I googled Encanto so I could know about the 'Bruno' song - I felt left out. I haven't seen the movie though.
Turs - Have fun with Grandbaby.
Grateful for all of your posts - the humor & wisdom.
Grateful that we keep on going even when we're downhearted.
Grateful for a bright sunny day.
Grateful to be going to the beach for a few days. May not be around for a while, but I'll be back to catch up on all the goings-on.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:38 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Grateful for tea, coffee, and cocoa
Old 05-14-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Thank you Hev
NL I used a site called Canva (recommended by somebody on this site) think I had to use a logo in the end, save it and then make it smaller so it fit the size guide on here. All free but just a little fiddly. Hope you had a lovely walk today.

Free im not too bad with tech but its moving faster than me these day, my eldest seems to know more these days than I do lol. Great news about your daughter, you must be so proud of her.

CBS you too will be singing "we don't talk about Bruno no no no" too now, its very catchy. Lovely kids films though, mine adore it. Hope you remain covid free. Hope you are doing ok after everything you've been through.

Fearless I hope you and your son are doing as welk as can be expected.

Today I'm grateful for downloading Sarah Hepola blackout, I really relate to these types of books and find the factual accounts written although sometimes terrifying spur me on to never put myself in situations that are unpleasant ever again.

Grateful I did something fun with my kids today.

Grateful for not having to rush up in the morning.

Grateful i bought myself a little treat today and it was only little but it was something I wanted and it cost the same as a decent bottlle of wine would have so I though why the heck not!!!!
isn't it funny how we don't think twice about spending money on wine but I would quibble endlessly over spending 8 on a new lipstick or similar, I think its because my brain had convinced itself that wine was a necessity and a new lipstick wasn't! Obviously lipstick isn't a necessity but neither is wine unless your addicted to it! Hope that piece of waffling made sense.

Grateful for being sober and being here.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:10 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Grateful to wake up to the sound of all of the birds chriping
Grateful my SIL and BIL made it safely up here to visit for a few days. They came up from TN
Grateful Mr. Alpine and I went canoeing yesterday and saw lots of wildlife including a baby snaping turtle. He/she was so tiny
Grateful we had the lake to ourselves for the 3 hours we were there
Grateful for all the trees back here
Grateful for all of the rolling hills without any houses in site. I love the Finger Lakes.
Grateful/fun to see the white rooty end of the scallions I planted in pots have taken off in just a few short days. You can call me Farmer Alpine..LOL
Grateful Least made it to CA
Old 05-15-2022, 04:34 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Grateful for some solid sleep in between hubby’s snoring
Grateful to get some dead trees moved to the road from our lot, we have a free fire mitigation program in our community in May and June, so we are getting that chain saw Dr Free didn’t want us to get…😜
Grateful also to hear the birds this early, Alpine, the hills and all the green sound lovely
Grateful for Tylenol AND Aleve, I can move this morning without groaning.
Grateful for coffee
Old 05-15-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Also grateful to hear all of the different frogs and toads. Loving it!
Old 05-15-2022, 05:00 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Caramel, always nice to see you!
CP, ugh my back is still kind of a mess. Apparently sleeping and sitting hurt it. They are hard to avoid when you have a desk job and are a mortal human. I may actually try to go see my PA but have a week of all-day meetings. Whine, whine, whine (haha one thing I also love about the grat pack is we got to sneak in whines too )
Free, love what you said about your daughter and her 2 years of sobriety. I put that desire book on my wish list. I got started on Empire of Pain and it is so good so far. I don’t think I can stop reading it.
Aly, Mags, others I haven’t seen in a while, thinking of you. Also praying (retroactively I guess) for least’s safe travels.
Hev, I highly recommend Encanto. I mean it is definitely a kids’ movie but it holds up for at least a single viewing for an adult, I would say. I mean, I wouldn’t watch it over and over except that I sort of have to, but I really liked the first time through.
PS, I did try a dog trainer. It was really before I realized the extent of her reactivity though so probably wrong focus. I probably need to try it again except now I’m broke so I’ll just keep trying to read this random book and watch the dude’s YouTube channel and hope for the best.
Britbird, your thoughts on justifying buying alcohol made total sense to me.
HI to everyone I missed!

Grateful for all the advice on the avatars. Maybe I will give it a whirl!
Grateful for Advil and coffee. Glad I’m not looking to them to ease a hangover.
Grateful I could be present for my son when he came in in the middle of the night unable to sleep.
Grateful for air conditioning. It’s so brutally hot here. My son and I are just going to harvest all our potatoes because the plants are in such distress in the heat.
Grateful for all of you.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:19 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Fearless, thinking of you and hoping you're not here because you're resting and taking good care of yourself.
NL, now that you say that, I do remember that you got a trainer. Honestly, everything is online now, so I'm sure that will be more than enough. And I agree that lawyers are awesome, I often think I should have attempted that profession when I was young.
Free, I downloaded a sample of the book you recommended and may buy it - like Hev I have a really hard time stopping an eating binge. And because I quit alcohol I feel a bit entitled to eat?
Alpine, so jealous you're on the Finger Lakes! Too bad all those wineries sprung up. One of my college friends is in Geneva, and was just posting on FB that our old bars are mostly gone - love that.
CBS, that's funny about sleeping - I'm the opposite in that I always woke up with a lot of anxiety when I was drinking and leapt out of bed. Now, I'm much lazier.
Am I the only one who was let down by Encanto?! I wonder if I need to give it another try, I watched with my little nieces but I don't think I paid close enough attention.

Grateful for coffee, really good today!
Grateful that I slept well. Grateful that I mostly sleep pretty well in general.
Grateful to be fantasizing about a smaller house.
Grateful my younger son organized his room yesterday. Grateful for his patience, we've told him at least 10 times that we would hang some things on his wall and then forgotten! Hopefully today is the day.
Grateful my dad and husband are going to tour a senior facility late this afternoon. Grateful I can care for my mom and give my dad a little break.
Grateful my older son went to his school play last night, that's not normally his thing but he had a good time.
Grateful to be sober.

Old 05-15-2022, 07:01 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for a beautiful stretch of warm weather the past few days.

Grateful for another day sober.