View Single Post
Old 05-14-2022, 07:55 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
PalmerSage

Fearless, thank you so much for checking in. I'm happy he was discharged but it sounds like there's a lot more to deal with. You got this - and we are here with you. Please get as much sleep and rest as you possibly can.
Free, that's wonderful about your daughter's sobriety! I'm so worried about my kids developing addiction (especially my older one, as he gets ready to go off to college - that's when my alcohol problems first started). I've made lots of comments to him about being very cautious about drinking, but have stopped short of discussing my own issues.
NL, that's tough about the dog's behavior. My dogs mostly ignore other dogs and save their aggression for each other. Have you used a trainer? Also, I'm so happy that you're getting the legal support you need to move forward.
Hev, ironing is a lost art that I never mastered. One of my kids actually saw an iron in the house and asked what it was!!! Alpine, your MIL is next-level but I kind of admire it?
Clearpath, I love reading your posts, thanks for joining us - same to overforty!
Oh, and for avatars - if you search "free small stock photos" there are so many to choose from.

Grateful for coffee.
Grateful to watch my son play his lacrosse game last night (last one of the season). Grateful he loves it so much. Grateful one of the other moms introduced herself to me and was really friendly.
Grateful for the lunch to celebrate my old boss yesterday. It was so nice to bond with some folks from my old group. Grateful for the positive impact he had on my life, one of the best people I've ever known. Grateful I was assertive about his wife not putting photos on FB (in a joking way - but the point was made).
Grateful I was able to sleep in super late today.
Grateful my dogs patiently waited for us to wake up and give them breakfast.
Grateful for their unconditional love and affection.
Grateful to be sober.