Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-28-2019, 04:40 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Couldn't be any more grateful that (my) boundaries are working to make the days go more smoothly. ODAT.
Grateful to have the opportunity to participate here, to learn from the shared posts of experience(s), strength, and hope of others who frequent this forum.
Old 08-28-2019, 05:41 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Caramel - congrats on that anniversary!
Another busy day, but I'll stop in again later. I'm grateful I woke up hangover, regret, and remorse free.
Grateful for my friends here, too.
Old 08-28-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

grateful i can balance out my ooomph

no small task these days
Old 08-28-2019, 06:47 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Grateful for you, RZ
Ah, thanks for that comment, Rose, about parenting. Btw, I do not envy you doing toddler care. Also, agree with alcohol being everywhere and needing a recovery plan. Alcohol is the new tobacco, at least in my mind.
Grateful there seems to be a sober revolution going on, and to be part of it
Grateful we all have each other here
Rose and Daisy, have fun at the zoo
Caramel, congrats on the quit smoking milestone
Least, glad you are feeling back “on”, or at least no longer “off”
Numblady, we have sort of taken in a little stray orange tabby. The two indoor cats are Maine Coon, one of which is 17 lbs. he’s down from 25 so that’s good .

Grateful I will eventually catch up on sleep and that being tired and cranky doesn’t last forever. Grateful at least there’s more time in the day to get stuff done
Grateful for a really good conversation with my dad last night. He’s had a couple more falls, and was found unconscious outside his house last week. Otherwise he’s doing ok, and has his positive attitude and even sense of humor, which I absolutely adore. Grateful to also talk to his wife for a while about all kinds of things, including “female” stuff. I am at least a couple years older than most of my friends, and my mom is no longer here, so it’s nice to have someone to talk to who can relate
Grateful me and dad set up a standing phone date to take place every week. We had gotten off track and miss each other.
Grateful for Geico commercials. I don’t have Geico. But the ads make me laugh
Grateful for each one of you. You mean more to me than I can express!
Old 08-28-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober. Such a welcome change from my drinking days.
Old 08-28-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  
p***enger

Caramel, congratulations on your sweet 16!

Rusty, rock on!

Grateful to get an "out."
Old 08-28-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Congrats so much Caramel!
Reminds me that I quit here about 5 years ago with the help of the no nicotine thread here! It made a huge difference.
Grateful to have made it to my group,
Taking it easy today, woke with a bad headache and I'm trying to get rid of it. Thank goodness, not from drinking. The weather is changing a bit. They say it's cooler, I don't know about that and it's humid, unusual for CA. Maybe the humidity will help with the wild fires. We've had a few, but hopefully not like last year. The fire season still has a way.
Love to all. Rusty, special prayer to you. Have a great day Grat Packers!♥♥♥
Old 08-28-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Fearless - How do the indoor kitties like new orange tabby?
Aly - I hope the headache eases up - they are miserable.
Hope our zoo goers had fun.
Grateful for my life, even the bad stuff. It all had a purpose.
Old 08-28-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Oh yes, how could I forget the zoo!. We want to hear all about it, I would love to hear about the elephants. I am in love with them. ♥♥♥
Grateful for the lovely zoos we have, looking as if they may be the last haven for some of these incredible creatures.♥♥♥
Old 08-28-2019, 10:14 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Grateful for yoghurt, almonds and coffee
Grateful for light in all forms
Grateful for blankets and clothes
Old 08-28-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful to be sober
Grateful for all of you
Grateful for a bright morning but not hot, able to breathe.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:12 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Numblady and Fearless - sorry to bracket you together again but the cats in both your lives sound like they are straight out of a children's story. My granddaughter would be thrilled to meet them!

Ananya - ODATAT. So agree.

Austerities - yoghurt, almonds and coffee?. Thst's a nice way to start the day. In my case I would have to make sure the almonds are not wrapped in a croissant!

Aly - no elephants for us, unfortunately. London Zoo no longer has any so we had to make do with camels, tigers and lions and the ever popular penguins and monkeys. I suspect Daisy may have done better if I'm right in thinking that her her local zoo may be Chester which is a step above.

Thankful the rain mostly held off for our very nice if slightly exhausting trip to the zoo.
Grateful I escaped from the zoo shop having only spent £1 on stickers. (Which by the way was also the cost of a single apple at the Zoo!!)
Grateful to be seeing my sister and a couple of good friends for dinner this evening. I won't be having the special welcoming cocktail.
Grateful that I get to see my granddaughter most weekedays and therefore get to see how she is changing/developing even though her choices of literature and activities don't entirely align with mine!
Grateful we're heading towards the weekend. Time for a break.

Thursday. As Mags said, grateful for a bright morning, not hot but able to breathe. That's more than good enough.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Grateful to have a supportive daughter.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for some cooler sleeping weather.

Grateful that I can be counted on.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:35 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Grateful that for as tough as work is right now, I’m not fighting for survival in the literal sense. There are so many things I take for granted, like access to medicine, steady food supply, power and utilities. Try to be grateful of course but sometimes need the reminder more than others.
Grateful for a strange little scene I witnessed...came out of my early cycling class yesterday. The sun had just come up and there was a homeless young man sitting on a bench outside the bike shop. He had this kind of vacant but also kind of scary look in his eyes. Not that you can see mental illness in someone’s eyes but it kind of felt like that. He was drawing on himself with a pen; the coffee trailer proprietor near the bench was busily setting up shop not really watching the guy; and then I realized he was not only listening to music but listening to “If You Leave” by Orchestral Maneuvers in the Dark. What a strange juxtaposition. This scraggly carved out looking man listening to one of the most tender love ballads of our youth.
Grateful also for an image later that day of my daughter, all gangly limbed and deciding to ride a scooter, then a bike, then jog in front of our house while I watched. Our neighbors have a band and she spontaneously stopped her jog and did a dance just in the middle of the road while they were practicing. It was just one of those things that was totally spontaneous and un-self-conscious. I wish I could keep her that way.
Grateful Mags can breathe and that somewhere it’s cooler and getting rain. Everything here is still so crispy and brown.
Grateful to stick to my guns on some things that matter at work. Grateful to try and ask for the wisdom to let it not be about ego but for it to be about finding the best answer.
Grateful to be able to come here.
Old 08-29-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Good morning grat packers. My ipad is out of charge so I am trying to post from my phone for the very first time. Let’s see how it goes 😀
Aly, hoping the humidity helps too. We’ve already had fires even though the true fire season is only now just beginning. I hope your headache goes away soon!
Hev, I should clarify. When I said “taken in”, I meant taken into our family, not literally in the house. Lol. I wish. But the other two would have a big issue with that. They had such a hard time adjusting to each other at first. We had lots of litter box problems, spraying, scratching, etc. That’s now behind us, so don’t want to go through that again. We have set up a little cat apartment outside under the covered patio for little OT. He and Charlie sometimes interact through the window. Daisy could care less
Rose, funny how everytime you leave a section at a zoo or kid park, you have to go through some gift shop. That caused so much stress in the toddler years! Glad you are enjoying time with your g.daughtet.
Numblady, sorry you are going through work stress. I’ve experienced that myself, though for the
most part, not in my current position, which has been going for over 10 years. I’m sending you positive vibes to get through it. I love the story about the homeless man, though it made me sad, and your daughter too.

Grateful to wake up well rested and for coffee!
Grateful to have some time today to get an estimate on the car damage from yesterday. Still thinking about the young girl who backed into me. I saw my teenage self in her. I hope her parents aren’t too upset with her. She said this was her first accident, and I believe her. So young. Glad her friends were there to help calm her down too.
Grateful to think about life’s ups and downs, how much stronger I am through it all
Grateful to look forward to a spa day with girlfriends this weekend. One of them is doing the 30 day alcohol free challenge and I can’t remember where she’s at in the cycle. Hopefully, she’ll continue on the path. She’s a heavy drinker. Grateful for the coffee bar at the place we are going in wine country.
Grateful for each one of you ❤️😀
Old 08-29-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

grateful fresh corn on the cob does have some nutritional value
Old 08-29-2019, 06:39 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Here’s for you, Aly 🐘😘
Old 08-29-2019, 08:22 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  
p***enger

RZ

Grateful for smiles
Old 08-29-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Rose I'm going to York on Saturday through till Sunday. It's a belated birthday present for her. I'm looking forward to it.
Yes, there are some lovely walks where I live, I'm in the suburbs and there's lots of trees. Believe it or not though, I've never been to London, it is on my bucket list though.
Thanks Hevyn, I had a lovely time at the zoo and it was yesterday.

Yes Numblady, an orange tabby is what we call ginger and yours sounds just like what I'm aiming for. A great big ginger Tom.

Grateful to be sober and present.
Grateful the Internet is up and running again this afternoon, it went Kerpoot this morning.
Grateful to give my mum a lift into town.
Grateful to take a bag of once loved clothes and toys to the charity shop.
Grateful to give my 2 eldest g.children a lift to a play date.
Grateful to get my laundry dry.
Grateful for home grown tomatoes.
Grateful Rusty is able to go to the gigs.
Grateful Aly has had her last CBT class and I'm glad it was helpful. I hope your headache has gone my lovely.
Grateful Caramel hasn't smoked in 16 years.

Aly, just for you. ...... elephants from Chester Zoo yesterday. xx