Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-22-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Deserto - sounds like it really has been the most tough few months for you. Hope the remainder of the year is a bit kinder to you.

Fearless - I found your reflections on drinking very interesting because I find myself doing that a lot now. I never used to give much thought to the drinking habits of others, (other than to feel relieved if someone else seemed to drink at the same pace as me! That was because it didn't then look too obvious that I was drinking more or buying more drinks than anyone else). But now I find myself noticing everyone else's drinking habits much more and even feeling a bit nervous if anyone I'm with seems to be on the way to overdoing it. And I'm sorry you feel nauseous. I really hate that feeling so I hope it's on the way out.

Glad you're back at your ARF store, Aly.

Daisy - sorry you're not committing to a unique artistic post everyday but prepared to forgive!

Grateful to have had a fun day yesterday with my little granddaughter.
Grateful to be awake and contemplating the day ahead. I had a strangely disorientating night with odd dreams. Maybe it was just because it was hot weather or still part of the aftermath of not drinking.
Thankful to be looking forward to nice things today: lunch out, long city walk.
Grateful - I think - for the fact that London is going to get really warm again for the weekend. Might turn out to be a bit much but still nice to have a last hurrah before autumn kicks in.
Grateful to have the security of posting and sharing here to look forward to each morning.

Hope Thursday brings one or all of us some kind of nice treat!
Old 08-22-2019, 03:36 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for 122 months sober today! This recovery stuff never gets old.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Grateful for restful sleep, good coffee, and to look forward to going out to dinner with my daughter later today. She is so thoughtful, she's the best!
Old 08-22-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

grateful to be back to SR

took a little trip to the ER a few days ago

past out from dehydration & low blood preasure

grateful i'm ok today
Old 08-22-2019, 06:09 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
p***enger

RZ, I'm glad you're back on your feet again.

Grateful for today whatever it brings.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Grateful it's Thursday.

Grateful a good friend is coming for a visit next weekend.

Grateful yesterday's black cloud has lifted -- thanks all!
Old 08-22-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Congratulations FBL, 122 months is just awesome. What an inspiration you are.🏅🏆

Fearless, I hope you're feeling much better today and I hope Sunny boy enjoyed his first day at school.🧒
Aly I hope your shift goes well today and I'm so happy that the people you work with are lovely, just like you. ❤️🧡💚

Hevyn I hope you're having a chilled out ❄️ day today. X

Deserto, I'm truly sorry about the loss of your friend. May he rest in peace 🙏

Rusty you're in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad to see you back. Take good care of yourself. X

Grateful to be Sober and present today 😘
Grateful to give my mum a lift into town this morning.🚗
Grateful to feed my daughter's little cat whilst she's on holiday. 🐱
Grateful to clean ' that' kitchen cupboard out. 🔦⚒️🔩🗝️🔑
​​​​​​ Grateful for coffee

Grateful to be sat in Tru Ninja watching my g.son 🤸
Grateful to be able to post from my phone 😂🤣🙃
Grateful Least got her driving licence renewed after all the pallarver she had.🚗
Grateful Rose is so forgiving. I hope this does for you today Rose. 🌹
Grateful for each and every one of you.👭👫👫👭
Old 08-22-2019, 09:30 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Deserto - Just want to add my concern for what you've been through. I'm sorry for the painful times - but happy to see you're feeling lighter today.
Zip - I'm glad you took care of yourself by going to ER, but sorry it was necessary. Very scary.
Daisy - Cleverly illustrated 'grats'!
Grateful it has cooled down - I'm an unpleasant person when it's humid.
Grateful for a better sleep - it does make a difference.
Grateful I still have the resolve to lose weight. Usually it leaves me after a week or so.
Grateful that we can be both silly and serious here.
Love & hugs going out to all....
Old 08-22-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful that Rusty is ok now.

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:48 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful Rusty took care of himself and went to the ER. Grateful for you, Rusty.
FBL-Grateful for your amazing sober time. That Is so awesome. Congrats!
Grateful Luke gets his flu booster today. That is not something I want him to contract.
Grateful to have a class at ARF on Dog Handling/Care, something to that effect from 5-7, right in time for rush hour, but I'll be going against traffic, if there is such a thing any more! I am looking forward to it. Also grateful to be doing the laundry/kitchen, etc volunteering on Friday.
Grateful for all of you! Just being able to express gratitude and the support of all you wonderful people, helps keep me sober as I figure out my way through this sometimes complicated life. Peace and Love to you all! ♥♥♥
Old 08-22-2019, 12:11 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Aly, my Daisy has her booster today too . So glad you continue volunteering and really enjoy it and the people
Glad you got your license renewed, least
Rz, good to see you back and doing ok.
Congrats, FBL
Rose, yes so many different ways of looking at things now including others drinking behavior
Hev, glad you had a good night sleep. So important
Thanks, Daisy. I am feeling better though still a little off. Someone told me to take apple cider vinegar with water and it might make me feel better. The person said it helps balance body chemistry including hydrochloride acid (not sure I remember that correctly) and hormones. Lots of earthy health nuts where I live. I try to be one of them So I’ve done it twice since last night and nausea is for most part gone. Yay for ACV! Unless it’s just a coincidence. Lol

Grateful sonny boy had a good drop off first day of school. Just realized the time and gotta run to pick him up. It’s early release on the first day of school. Why bother?
See you all tonight.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:56 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

TGIF
Grateful for sunrise
Grateful for people who help others
Grateful for colleagues I can laugh with
Old 08-22-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful for being sober
Grateful for all of you
Grateful the sun is out
Grateful Rusty is feeling ok.
Old 08-22-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Good morning to everyone.

Deserto - glad the black cloud has lifted. Hope it keeps its distance from now on!

Rusty - that was one trip you didn't anticipate and I'm very glad you're now OK.

Daisy - most impressive rose. (And red, which is entirely appropriate since I'm originally from Lancashire).

Fearless - good school drop off?! That's a relief, as I still well remember. Hope sonny boy continues to enjoy or at least tolerate school.

Hevyn - you, an unpleasant person?! Surely not.

Ananya - so nice to have such a close relationship with your daughter.

FBL - 122 months sober. Wow, really. I can only look and admire.

Like Mags, grateful the sun is out. And evidently there is going to be a mini heatwave in London this weekend. Good job you're not here, Hevyn!
Grateful that I'm going out somewhere nice this evening since the day ahead otherwise looks a bit challenging.
Grateful to have had a good walk and a shopping trip yesterday. Perfect combination although not so grateful that I saw fit to flash the cash.
Thankful that the one or two AV urges that have come my way recently seem now to have slunk off.
Grateful to have reached another Friday. I had my last drink on a Friday evening so each new Saturday is the start of a new sober week for me. As FBL said, recovery stuff never gets old and I'm fact for me it still feels wonderfully new.

I wish everyone the best Friday.
Old 08-23-2019, 03:45 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

RZ glad you got to the ER. Thinking of you.
Deserto, glad you you are feeling better but sending you hugs nonetheless.
Aly, agree on the complicated life and the gratitude to come here and try to navigate through some of it.

Grateful that although I had a migraine the night before and slept in so couldn’t post yesterday, my head is feeling a lot better.
Grateful that when the migraine first came on and I couldn’t see I wasn’t still on the road and my son was hanging out with me and very sweetly offered to get me whatever I needed or help me however he could.
Grateful that the following morning my daughter was so very proud to come wake me up and then go get me a cup of coffee like she did for my husband earlier in the week. It brought her such joy to do a kind of grownup helpful thing like that.
Grateful that in spite of all my fears so far the middle school journey is going pretty well. My son’s excitement seems primarily to be about the wildness of the middle school crowd but hey whatever it takes. He also likes changing classes, which I’ve heard is good for kids with ADHD like him.
Grateful to be here and back in the land of the living.
Old 08-23-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

grateful i'm still ok today
Old 08-23-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Grateful for the sound of the river outside my window.
Old 08-23-2019, 07:52 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
p***enger

Grateful for the Grat Pack
Old 08-23-2019, 07:55 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Rose, good luck getting through the heatwave. We just had one here last week. Of course, I missed part of it being away on the coast. Btw, love what you said about Sat being a fresh sober start to each week. I don’t remember what day of the week it was for me but it was either a Wed or Thursday, I think, and that’s boring. But agree on recovery never getting old.
WO, love the sound of water. I am missing the ocean. My husband suggested I pretend the sound of the wind is the sound of the ocean
Numblady, glad your headache is better. Your kids sound so sweet! I can see my son liking the different teachers and class jumping around next year. He has ADHD like issues too.

Grateful to feel well rested, energized and productive this morning.
Grateful for everything I have
Grateful for each of you!
Old 08-23-2019, 09:49 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Rusty, grateful you are feeling ok today!
Numblady, you have all my love. I am a migraine sufferer too and they are just ghastly. I'm sometimes out of commission for many days with them. I'm going to get Botox injections, hopefully in a month or so. I've had it done before and it does help. It's just been a long time. Love and healing to you while going through the migraine dilema.
Grateful for a nice meeting at ARF last night, prepping for dog handling. I'll have another one next Thurs. Grateful for my shift from 3-5p later today doing laundry and disinfecting dog and cat bowls and toys.
Grateful I found ARF. I am really enjoying volunteering there. It's a great place.
Peace and love to anyone struggling or suffering today. ♥♥♥