Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 08-23-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Busy again today - but grateful for everyone's posts & the way we care for each other.
Grateful for a cool day.
Grateful to have walked the shelter dogs with MrH. So many sweet ones.
Grateful to have fallen back to sleep after waking up at 3am.
Grateful that every day gives us a new chance to live the way we always wanted to.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to get my errands done and now I can just relax.
Old 08-23-2019, 12:06 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful that the doctors are keeping an eye on my eye! Dealing with some slight complications from the cataract surgery, but hopefully nothing that can't be fixed.

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 08-23-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful FBL is being looked after by his doctors
Grateful Hev and Mr. H walk the shelter dogs.❤️
Grateful Numblady’s migraine has passed
Grateful Aly is volunteering and enjoying it
Grateful for everybody here who all feel like friends
Grateful to be sober....always.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:38 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Numblady - glad your lovely children showed their true colours when you had your migraine. And so glad for you that it has gone.

Hevyn - how much do I recognise and hate that 3 am waking!. Grr!

Like everyone else, FBL, thankful your eyes are being looked after by your doctors. Fingers crossed.

Least - nice to be able to relax. Bit of an extended family weekend starting here but looking forward to relaxing next week.

Aly - so glad the volunteering continues to be fun.

Rusty - quick hi and I hope you're doing OK.

Grateful to live in a flat that stays relatively cool because today is evidently going to be a scorcher
Grateful I did the cooking for my visitors today when I got home last night so I don't have to do it now
Grateful to have seen a really original if rather dark ballet last night
Grateful for continuing sobriety
Very thankful for the warmth and support of the Grat pack

I wish everyone the best possible weekend.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:53 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

I hope you're okay FBL.

Glad you liked the red rose Rose, didn't know you were a Lancashire lass, my town was one classed as being in Lancashire until the powers that be changed it to Cheshire.

Grateful to be up early on a Saturday morning with no hangover or guilt.
Grateful for a beautiful sunny morning and a forecast for more to come over the weekend.
Grateful my little g.son slept in a bit later this morning.
Grateful for coffee.
Grateful my little Lulu cat is in an affectionate mood.
Grateful FBL's doctor is keeping a check on his eyes.
Grateful for this second chance at getting my life right.
Grateful Numblady has such lovely, caring children and her migraine had disappeared.
Grateful for each and every one of you here, for the humour, the kindness and the empathy shown. xx
Old 08-24-2019, 03:42 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Old 08-24-2019, 04:22 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Grateful for RZ’s check in yesterday and especially the doing okay part.
Grateful for all the migraine sympathy. Aly, yours sound really devastating. I feel fortunate that mine are relatively rare and short lived. I hope you are able to get the Botox soon.
Grateful for Hev’s line about every day being a chance to live the way we always wanted to.
Grateful for all the sweet words and thoughts of this group, including those about my children. They sure can be nice when they want to be. I forgot to also say how grateful I was that in addition to bringing us coffee my daughter also likes to lay out clothes for both me and my husband. And does quite a good job of it. (This is the closest thing I’ve got to a journal so didn’t want to forget to mention it!)
Grateful to be up well in advance of the time I need to leave the house for my bike ride thanks to my darn cat who ended up outside somehow and woke my up by scratching on the glass of our windows. Usually when I have extra time that almost guarantees I’ll be even later, some kind of time paradox, but at least I will theoretically be early to meet my friends.
Grateful the Amazon may be getting some rain...maybe?
Grateful my part of Texas may be getting some rain Labor Day weekend...maybe?
Grateful I came home after a grueling work week and just laid in bed. At one point I wasn’t even reading or scrolling or sleeping. Just laying there. It was nice.
Grateful for my gots. Grateful for all of you.
Old 08-24-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

grateful to see a good old friend at an out of town meeting last night

and grateful i'm ok for today
Old 08-24-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Grateful to be waking up without a hangover.
Old 08-24-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Grateful for a weekend with no plans beyond taking the dog to the lake for a couple of swims.
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Grateful Rose got to see the ballet
Grateful FBL is being looked after, and for good doctors
Grateful RZ is ok today
Grateful Hev is walking the shelter dogs and for Aly’s, least’s and everyone else’s support of animals
Love what Hev said about each day being a new chance
Grateful Deserto gets to go to the lake with his dog
Grateful I have never experienced a migraine. The only headache I have ever had was associated with hangovers, and those types were even rare. I was affected more with stomach issues and vomiting. Love and support to all those who suffer from migraines. I have a couple offline friends who get them too

Grateful to have gotten through yesterday without drinking. The urge passed quickly. But my son is still my greatest trigger, if and when I experience them. It’s been a long time since he’s had a bad meltdown. We stopped counting the days. Maybe almost a year ago? He went into a rage yesterday. Long story. He has anger issues. Grateful husband and I stayed calm and were a united front. Grateful to let things settle, then have a loving and productive conversation with son. Grateful to see him taking ownership and instead of denying and deflecting like he used to. Grateful he was receptive and open to our ideas as well as came up with his own plan for learning from this incident.
Grateful that as we talked, I realized I was using some of what I have learned on secular twelve steps from both Russell Brands book and the One Breath at a Time book to help my son. The twelve steps really work for everything, not just alcoholism. It’s all about emotional sobriety, which to me is just like emotional intelligence. You don’t have to be an addict or alcoholic to benefit from these concepts
Grateful to reflect on progress, despite sometimes regressions
Grateful that I am a much better person and parent being sober
Grateful for mindfulness
Grateful my husband is such a good dad. Our son has sensory issues that have created a bit of an eating disorder. He also had food allergies. When we find something he likes, we tend to go out of our way to get that item again. He loves this GF sourdough bread that is only in two stores three towns over. My husband spent a couple hours out of his day to get more of it since the first store only had one loaf. We always buy in bulk and freeze it since it’s like a day trip doing this errand
Grateful for what challenges in parenting, and specifically Aspergers parenting has taught me
Grateful for each of you and our sober journey together
Old 08-24-2019, 09:11 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Grateful to wake up sober.
Old 08-24-2019, 10:27 AM
  # 214 (permalink)  
p***enger

See better soon, ((FBL))

Grateful for a trip to Queens, the home of real good Mexican food in NYC.
Old 08-24-2019, 11:29 AM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Grateful Rusty is ok today.
Grateful for a productive shift volunteering at ARF last night.
Grateful to have seen Abby, the pit bull, who is kind of a mascot around ARF.
Grateful to be reading all the wonderful grats.
All my love to each and every one of you. ♥♥♥
So grateful for this thread.
Old 08-24-2019, 12:19 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too, Aly - so very grateful for this thread.
Fearless - It's wonderful there was progress made, despite the setback.
FBL - Hoping along with the others that everything will be ok.
Another busy day - just wanted to see what everyone is up to.
Grateful that we've learned to rise up out of our troubles & deal with them coherently.
Grateful to trust myself again.
Old 08-25-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly and Hev, me too, so grateful for this thread.
Hev, that resonated with me ‘grateful to be able to trust myself again’. It’s a great feeling, me too.

Fearless, such admiration for you and your husband in understanding and talking to your son about his anger issues. Love to you all.

Numblady, for some reason I thought you were a U.K. ‘er

Grateful for being sober
Grateful for being here amongst you all.
Grateful my asthma exacerbation dissipated at home, without an ambulance and A&E visit.
Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful to have a roof over my head, food in the cupboard and electricity oh and good old internet.
Old 08-25-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Fearless - phew! That sounds like a really hard situation. Well done, not just on a thoughtful, careful and successful response to your son but also especially on not giving in to the idea of a drink.

Aly, Hev, Mags - let me jump on the bandwagon too and say I too am so grateful for this thread!.

Daisy - I was born in Lancashire but brought up in Yorkshire so I have an allegiance to both. Are you in the north?

Numblady - could you kindly ask your daughter to come and lay my clothes out too?! Find the 'what shall I wear' thoughts very tedious each morning.

Grateful yesterday's extended family event was successful in terms of lunch, cake (it was a birthday) etc and that the weather meant we could sit - cram - into my little garden.
Grateful that I didn't have a drink. Same old thing: everyone raising a (single) glass of champagne for a toast, and me thinking 'why ever not'. As if I don't know the answer. I do, of course, so I didn't succumb.
Grateful I'm not the person I was 3 months ago around alcohol. Someone had left a half glass of champagne having presumably only having accepted a glass to be sociable. If I'd come across that in the days before I stopped it would have been gone in a nanosecond. Nice habits I had back then!
Grateful for another hot day, probably too hot but still. Looking forward to a walk in the park.
Grateful to be starting my day by checking in with you all. What a nice habit this is.

Here's to an excellent Sunday.
Old 08-25-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for all the concern about my eye. Also grateful that I can "let it go" and let the doctors do their job.

Grateful that Zip is okay for today.

Old 08-25-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

grateful to have gone out to dinner last night with the mama & cousin in from fla. last night

grateful i'm ok today