Notices

Morning Gratitude ~ Part 91

Old 09-01-2019, 10:35 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Grateful for this webpage, for all the posts and people on it, and for me to have access to such a helpful resource and supportive community.
Grateful for the sky and the earth
Grateful for fire
Old 09-01-2019, 10:49 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Magsie

Originally Posted by Rusty Zipper View Post
grateful i got the cystoscopy over with!
Zippy, pleased that’s over with!
Old 09-01-2019, 11:00 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Magsie

Fearless, your son may grow up to be a financier all the wheeling and dealing with monopoly

Grateful for early morning wake ups
Grateful Daisy got to go to York, hope you had a wonderful time..did you call in Bettys and sample the delicious cakes.
Grateful Numblady is having a new keyboard, the internet is marvellous
Grateful Aly is feeling good
Grateful for all of you xx
Old 09-02-2019, 12:19 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone - the start of a new week and a new month already. Grateful to start both both sober.

Fearless - Monopoly was the game of my childhood/teenage years. We used to have marathon sessions, later when we were a bit older always leaving the board up when we went out and coming back and re-commencing. No-one was allowed to touch that board when we were out. Games could go on for days. (Just thought you'd like to know want you have to look forward to!).

Grateful for a fun afternoon out yesterday. We were in Covent Garden which is normally a bit too crowded and busy for me but not so yesterday.
Grateful to have found a shop with fabulous apricot and nut bread. Slightly less grateful for the price of a loaf!
Grateful to be meeting up with friends and going to the theatre this evening. I shall give extra thanks tomorrow if the play isn't more than two hours long!
Grateful the weekend passed without any desire for an alcoholic drink.

Hope the day is a good one for you all.
Old 09-02-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Grateful for another day sober.
Old 09-02-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Grateful my new keyboard should arrive tonight.
Grateful I got a ton of work done yesterday but to also have the time and space to cook which I almost never get.
Grateful for ac and water. The unrelenting, never raining heat persists here. I obsessively check weather apps in case something changes. It doesn’t.
Grateful for those who help others. Today especially grateful for lawyer friends helping asylum seekers. With legal work of course but also essentials like food or clothes for kids.
Grateful we are all going to a potluck later. We need to get out of the house!
Grateful to see Pouncer.
Grateful pecking with two fingers on my iPad works ok for today
Grateful to another mom who took my daughter for a long time yesterday (giving me the time and space I needed to cook).
Grateful for this day.
Old 09-02-2019, 05:42 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Grateful to have spent quality time with son, his girlfriend and their little sweet little animal friends. So much fun playing with the young pup they rescued, who never.wears.out, lol.
Old 09-02-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

grateful yesterdays gig went well

and grateful i dug deep for some ooomph
Old 09-02-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Grateful for a holiday and a day off today.
Old 09-02-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Grateful for having a plan.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Grateful to be sober.
Grateful for my blessings.
Grateful to be up early doing laundry and maybe take it easy for the rest of the day.
Rusty, all my love to you. You are such a good person and I'm glad you enjoyed your gig!
Old 09-02-2019, 09:56 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Ah, Rose. Yes, we are at that place with Monopoly - one game going on for days and no one can touch the board. Although I grew up a little bit with Monopoly too, no one played that way in my family of origin. I don’t remember the level of buying up houses and hotels and the negotiations that goes on with my husband and son
Glad RZ had a good gig
Glad Pouncer has a plan
Hope to see Daisy soon
Grateful Numbladys keyboard story reminded me of my own keyboard story. Several years ago I forgot to close up my water bottle that actually had wine in it, and left it in my work bag with my laptop. So that laptop was destroyed by wine. I made up some story that I spilled water on it and my work gave me a new laptop. Not even a week later, sonny boy spilled chocolate milk on the built in keyboard. I couldn’t bare the thought of going to my manager again, so I bought a remote keyboard and used that for a few years before I was eligible for another laptop. Those were crazy times! So grateful I don’t drink anymore.
Grateful for another morning of healthy chocolate pancakes which everyone is gobbling up without knowing how healthy they are
So grateful for all of you!
Old 09-02-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
p***enger

Luv yer oomph, RZ

Grateful for a colleague I can rely on.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Grateful you found some oomph & enjoyed the gig, Zip.
Fearless - Chocolate pancakes...they sound interesting.
I love Monopoly too - there's a lot of info. online about the best properties to buy. We didn't have any particular strategy back in the day.
Grateful to be traveling up the coast to Maine tomorrow. Will be missing for a while.
Grateful for another lovely summer - though it went faster than ever this year.
Grateful for kindness, empathy, and patience.
Old 09-02-2019, 02:30 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Hev, have a wonderful time in Maine!!! Wish I was going too. xxxooo
Old 09-02-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Grateful for hot water
Grateful for oats and berries
Grateful for waterproof coat
Old 09-02-2019, 11:52 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hev, have a great time

Fearless and Rose. I had Monopoly as a kid and loved it but it never went on for days, it was battled on the day and my family got bored with it before me.

Grateful for my morning coffee
Grateful for all the Grat Pack.
Grateful for getting together with friends and family
Grateful for being sober.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hevyn, I've always wanted to visit Maine. It sounds like such a great place. Have a lovely trip.

Rusty, I feel you wouldn't have had to dig too deep to find some oomph. Glad the gig went well.

Numblady, I hope you get some respite from the heat soon although now we seem to be entering autumn weather in the UK suddenly I'm thinking maybe I could have stood a bit more heat after all.

Aly, very good decision to give yourself a relaxing day. Hope you enjoy it.

Grateful for keyboards! Where would we be without them.
Grateful my new life seems to be sticking with friends. Went out to a restaurant before the theatre yesterday and arrived a little late and my two friends had already ordered cocktails for themselves but not for me because they assumed I wouldn't be drinking. That definitely wouldn't have happened three months ago.
Grateful to have seen a very good new play and more than thankful that it was less than two hours long!
Struck yesterday by the kindness of strangers from an unexpected source. I was walking back home with my toddler granddaughter yesterday when a woman hurried past us. She was very jittery and had the look of a drinker or drug addict, possibly ex, and I slightly held back so as to avoid her. Anyway she turned round and waited to say hello to my granddaughter and insisted on putting some coins in the pocket of her dress so she could get an ice cream. She didn't look as if she had much money and it seemed obvious to me that she couldn't afford to be parting with any so I tried my very best to make her take it back but she wasn't having any. Said she just wanted to treat the little girl. So in the end I just thanked her and reflected on the surprisingness of people.
Thankful for another day of good weather before it changes tomorrow since I have a two year old to entertain.
So glad to start my day in what is now the usual way by saying hello to all of you and reading and knowing a little bit about your daily lives. PS The auto correct turned that into daily loves. That might be a touch too much information!.
Old 09-03-2019, 02:59 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Grateful to awaken early and feel fairly well rested.
Grateful for coffee (the smell is heavenly and tastes pretty good, too) and a small piece of chocolate cake.
Old 09-03-2019, 03:19 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Grateful for my new keyboard! I can use not just some but ALL of the keys. Fearless, gosh your keyboard story also reminds me of one of mine. I was going to a public forum where there were a bunch of high profile people and also some of my subordinates and I was running late and fairly hungover. It’s not that I spilled wine but I put my large cup of water in my bag because I was in such a hurry because of wine. I just remember feeling so dowdy and kind of ill and then ashamed because I ultimately broke my computer. So glad we’re not there anymore.
Grateful for RZ’s oomph.
Grateful somebody is out there playing Monopoly. I always felt unmotivated to think through the strategy. And not the new Internet kind of strategy. Just ANY strategy. I did like the feel of the metal pieces though
Grateful for dumplings. If I could open a themed restaurant it would definitely be a sampling of all the dumplings from around the world. Asian dumplings, chicken and dumplings, pierogies, Knoedeln, etc. I don’t think it would be a commercial success but it would sure be fun to eat there.
Grateful I made some stealth health food yesterday too—and my son actually liked it. Energy bites made with hemp, almond flour, oats, and also a bit of maple syrup and choc chips etc.
Grateful to come here every day and share your lives, loves, possibly loaves, and so forth.