100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 09-06-2014, 08:27 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

I'm going to go ahead and allow myself to do my 100 days non consecutively.

Today, I'm happy that I was able to humble myself enough to attend al-anon a few months ago. I have learned so much and in attending meetings weekly (although I could really benefit from attending more frequently) and I am so thankful that I have an amazing sponsor. To hear other people speaking their truths and have it align so firmly with my own is always so eye opening for me.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:15 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Today was my granddaughter's birthday party. (There were things there that I did not like... such as alcohol, who drinks at a 4 year old's birthday party... made me really uneasy). I didn't get to stay long as they planned it last minute, and my work schedule was already up and couldn't get anyone to work for me. However, I enjoyed spending time with her. She had the cutest pig tails in, so curly like her mommy's hair used to be. She was singing happy birthday to herself. I convinced her that I was four years old as well, and that lasted about 10 minutes until she figured it out and let me know I was much too old to be 4. It is always fun to watch my younger daughter with her. My youngest was 5 when she was born, and I swear she is the best auntie ever. Seriously.... she is always so loving and kind to her. She is patient. I loved watching her open the gifts I had gotten her. I also indulged in eating at least 15 garlic cheese bread flavored potato chips. Oh.My.Goodness.... so good! I had to leave for work shortly after.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:53 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

The weather is simply incredible. I am grateful because there is no more heat and my flowers simply love it. I am grateful for this weekend. I am grateful for Starbucks.
Old 09-07-2014, 03:54 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Grateful my stomach bug from yesterday has passed.
Grateful for fresh vegetables from my mom's garden.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Happy & grateful for lazy, do-nothing Sundays. It's been too long since I've done next-to-absolutely-nothing for an entire day.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Happy there is such a thing as eyeliner, otherwise I look somewhat like a weasel. It's the small things I tell ya!
Old 09-08-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Grateful for hours of uninterrupted writing time today.
Old 09-08-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

So happy no one else showed up at the office today, opting to work from home instead. It was peaceful & I got so much more done that I expected to! Great way to start the workweek!
Old 09-09-2014, 10:37 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Grateful for absurdity. Was having a bad, too many errands to run, purse strap broke, pms, all around crappy kind of day. On my way to my Alanon meeting I saw a big bad semi barreling up behind me all decked out with chrome, skulls and crossbones, the whole bit. When I glanced up at the driver he was pretty tough looking, all in black, shaved head, etc. Sitting on his lap with a big open mouthed doggy grin was the daintiest little teacup chihuahua I've ever seen. Still laughing about it.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:42 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Grateful for absurdity. Was having a bad, too many errands to run, purse strap broke, pms, all around crappy kind of day. On my way to my Alanon meeting I saw a big bad semi barreling up behind me all decked out with chrome, skulls and crossbones, the whole bit. When I glanced up at the driver he was pretty tough looking, all in black, shaved head, etc. Sitting on his lap with a big open mouthed doggy grin was the daintiest little teacup chihuahua I've ever seen. Still laughing about it.
The only thing that could possibly make this any funnier would be if the dog was wearing a pink collar or sweater.

Today I was so happy to read the words "you were right, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you" in a text from RAH about an issue we had not been seeing eye-to-eye about. I made this point days ago (maybe even a week or so?) & he is just getting to the "more being revealed" part of that cycle.

I'm not happy that I'm right, I'm happy that I said my piece & let it go & that he was finally Man Enough to admit his error without trying to blameshift or justify his POV.

It'll be nice to drop it here & let the disagreement fade. I'll do my "Seeeeee? I was-soooooooo-RIGHT!" dance here at the office before I head home so as not to be disrespectful to him.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:33 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

I'm happy for baby giraffes! We went to the SF Zoo yesterday and they had a baby giraffe there that was less than a month old. Be still my heart. I felt emotional when the mama was licking her little baby's ears and it totally made me sniff my 13 month old because she still smells like a baby. LOL Not for much longer but she still does.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Today I am grateful that another night passed with my girls at their dads, and it was uneventful. I was so happy to see them come in this morning! I am also glad for the kitten I rescued, Willow. She was abandoned by her momma at my sister's house, since sister was going out of town I was "fostering" her. Needless to say, she is mine now, and I love her. When I was feeling a bit lonely last night she crawled her cute little self up on my chest and fell right asleep. What a doll.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I'm happy today because my boss is off for vacation the rest of the week - he's NPD and has been terrible to deal with lately. We are all breathing a big sigh of relief!

I've also been happy for the cooler weather and having all the windows open to air out the house, and candles that carry the smells of summer so I can drag it out just a bit more.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Grateful for a night off work spent goofing around with my guys. Candy overload and arm farts. Good times.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

#32 & #33 already!

Yesterday - happy for RAH to get a call back to interview for a salaried JOB. He interviewed this morning & this would be the perfect job for him right now, my fingers are cramped from being crossed so long.

Today - happy for Dr's that do in-house labs..... when I went in for my follow-up/results yesterday the lab had missed some of my orders so my doc's office was able to pull another blood test right away & have the results by this morning. I need this done to get my thyroid meds straightened out & I am anxious to get on with healing & feeling better.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:09 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

FireSprite, I am thrilled to hear that your RAH has a potential job on the horizon. Sending positive thoughts that your meds are straightened out soon and you are feeling better lickity split!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:11 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

I'm late to this, but I would love to dive in.

Today I am happy because I am finding help in unlikely and unexpected places. Feeling good because after so many years of being and feeling stuck, I am positively zipping down the road to removing myself and my kids from the insanity of alcoholism.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

I'm so glad you are joining us Wisconsin, and what a wonderful Day #1 for you!!!

Your post reads/feels like the first warm day of spring following a brutal winter, with the heat of the sun on your face the coldness of the previous days fades into memory faster. I am elated that you are finding so much support!!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:37 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Oooo, I have another one! Although, it's related to what I already shared. After being urged for at least a year by friends, I opened an Etsy store for some of my knitting last winter. I never expected to sell anything, because I specialize in very large Doctor Who scarves, which are expensive. But lo and behold, six months later, I sold my first scarf this week! They are made-to-order, so I will spend the next few weeks crafting it. But it has been very exciting, and a huge affirmation for me.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Grateful for a pretty sunset tonight, and some quiet at the end of a long day.