100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:16 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Firesprite - I'm crossing my fingers for you guys!

Today, I watched my almost 3 year old fall asleep while reading and it was equal parts cute and funny and sweet. <3 I love my kids!
Old 09-12-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Grateful for the harvest season, for apples, and cool weather. Grateful for my work and clients.
Old 09-12-2014, 11:20 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

I am so far behind... story of my life.

I am grateful for cleaning products. I LOVE THEM! I love when everything smells so clean and fresh.

I am grateful for bite size candy bars... GRIN. I can eat one and not feel so guilty about indulging in things that are not good for me.

I am grateful for my youngest daughter having such a generous heart. Today she pulled $100 out of her piggy bank. She had written a note for her niece who just turned 4, and is going to Disneyland in ten days. It was the cutest thing. She said she wanted her to have a good time and buy herself some treats and hair bobbles. I put the money back in her piggy bank and said we would figure out another way to get my grandbaby some treat and hair bobble money. GRIN....

I am thankful for the internet, in which I am able to use to plan an upcoming trip for my youngest daughter and myself for her 10th birthday, and also looking for a new job. Also I am able to research and meet people like all of you.

I am thankful that nobody ever tells me I am crazy when I am out somewhere and yell SLUGBUG or PUNCH BUGGY out of habit as I must be 3,000,000 behind from my daughter. The sad part is that it happens at work or anywhere and my daughter isn't even there at the time. When I tell her about it she just laughs and laughs.

I am thankful for hair dye.... for I see some unpleasant roots showing and need to take care of that.

I am thankful for cell phones in which my kids can always reach me.

I hope that catches me up.... GRIN
Old 09-12-2014, 05:42 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

So happy today for TEA! We had an awesome, multi-course ladies' lunch with a client at a local Tea Room & it was simply amazing. The infused hot & iced teas were delicious, the food was rich & perfect, the décor & staff had outstanding attitudes & the desserts were over the top. I could not pick a single favorite aspect - I can't wait to plan to take my mom & DD for a tea party of our own!
Old 09-12-2014, 06:18 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I'm thankful today that whatever ate my spinach in my garden didn't eat my carrots too. I'm pretty sure snails are to blame based on the shells that are all over the place.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:18 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Grateful that I am in a better place than I was a year ago. Was reading through some old journals from this time last year, just before I left my ex. I was practically suicidal.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:46 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I'm grateful for volunteering for the treasurer position in my group. Talk about letting stuff go. I'm learning that lesson real quick. Holy moly.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:01 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stung View Post
I'm grateful for volunteering for the treasurer position in my group. Talk about letting stuff go. I'm learning that lesson real quick. Holy moly.
I'm grateful that I started service work fairly early in my Alanon career. I got elected GR for my home group after about four months and am now helping plan events for the district. Just today I volunteered to co chair our spring anniversary weekend. Service work has really helped build my confidence.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:18 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Wow, today has already flown by. Grateful I got to spend a day relaxing at home, cooking for the guys, hanging out and even getting some laundry done.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:33 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Grateful for a peaceful weekend and more clarity. Greateful for learning and accepting. Grateful for not blaming myself and for letting go.

Grateful for football Sundays.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

((((lady)))) sounds like you've moved mountains in your recovery compared to a year ago; you are TRULY an inspiration to me, in so many ways!

I fell behind...

Sat - #35 - Happy for 2nd interviews & that HE GOT THE JOB! I can't get over how literally perfect it seems on the surface - predictable hours, salary (not awesome but not awful & definitely room for growth), work that he loves but that won't stress his back problems as much as the type of work he had been doing.

Sun - #36 - Happy for dice - DD & I have been having so much fun playing a few games every night before bed. Simple, easy fun to bond over.

Mon - #37 - Happy for caffeine.... I slept horribly last night & have a long Mon at work today. I'm already dragging & planning on grabbing a 5-hr energy/B12 shot after lunch.... green tea just isn't going to cut it today!
Old 09-15-2014, 08:43 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I am wondering if I can join this?? I would like to think out what I am thankful for and be more conscious of the positives in my life.

Sooo.....#1

I am so grateful for my family. My DD turned 15 (and got her drivers permit, yikes!!) on Friday and we celebrated w/my family yesterday and my sister came down and stayed w/us. It was a nice time!
Old 09-15-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Catching up...

Today I am happy and grateful for sunshine. I do not like super hot days.... don't like them a bit. However, when it is warm out and I feel the sunshine on my face, I think and ponder. It is of comfort to me.

I am happy and grateful for my senses. I can't imagine not hearing the words I love you from my kids, or seeing their faces. I can't imagine never experiencing the smell of fresh baked bread out of the oven. I can't imagine not feeling what it feels like to hold my babies that first time after being delivered.... or not feeling when they hold my hand or kiss my cheek. I can't imagine not enjoying the taste of my coffee... I am blessed I have my five senses as well do my children. Some things we take for granted. I can't imagine not seeing my daughter's cute little grin when she wakes me up in the morning.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:40 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Grateful for a new relationship I am building with myself. Grateful for standing up for myself and not letting others define me anymore.

I have noticed that there are two types of things I am grateful for these days. Type one is internal, things that happen inside of me. Kinda like awakening. Sometimes I push the snooze button but am still able to get up. Honeymoon phases do not have much effect on me anymore. Happy for that.

Type two is the external world. Things that I can see, hear, taste, smell.

I am grateful for music today. Got a new U2 album. And I am grateful for being able to talk to my sister today.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

#38- Lemons! Back on my fresh lemon/warm water morning cocktail - it should help me get back to feeling healthier since that flu wiped me out a couple of weeks ago. DD has been drinking hers in a sour breakfast smoothie that she loves. (fresh squeezed lemon, lemon yogurt, berries, ground flax seed, banana, granny smith apple, almond milk.... too sour for me in the mornings! )
Old 09-16-2014, 10:34 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Grateful for the mild weather. Grateful for dark chocolate covered almonds.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:35 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

#2....Grateful for the step study at Celebrate Recovery I am currently involved with. Although I was unsure if I needed this at this time or if I even wanted to do it, I went and am so glad I did.

#3...I am grateful for my job. My XAH is having to interview for his own job right now b/c his work had a buyout. It is very stressful. I am grateful to have a steady job to come to each day.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Grateful for the nice walk I took yesterday, and that I have a free evening tonight. Maybe I'll take another walk, clear the cobwebs out of my brain.
Old 09-17-2014, 10:51 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

#39 - Business trips!! BossLady is on a plane to attend multiple seminars & out of state client meetings..... this is MY most peaceful, laid-back 4 weeks of work ALL year!!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Grateful and happy today that sis and I talk openly and honestly. I am grateful to teach her she can be mad at me and it is ok. She can tell me when I have said or done something that hurt her feelings, and it is ok, we will talk openly and honestly about it and I won't be mad at her for bringing it up. I didn't have that growing up so I am glad she has that freedom.

I am happy Halloween is almost here.... it is one of her favorite holidays. It is also my birthday so it makes it extra special to be able to watch her and my grandbaby be able to go out and trick or treat. I always have food in the crockpot so when they are done we can come home and eat something warm. We always have the same food and dessert, just a tradition.