100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 08-14-2014, 10:03 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Mssed yesterday lol

Yesterday I was thankful for an awesome Zumba class that left me feeling energized and happy.

Today I am happy about having some neighbors over for Bunco tonight and a day off of work tommorow to take my kids to meet their new teachers.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Today, I am happy that I get to go get my daughter new school clothes. I am happy that she is counting the days for school. I am happy I am blessed enough to be able to get her school clothes. I am happy it is another check on my list of to do's. I am happy I will be able to pick up a few things for my grandbaby's birthday for the end of the month. I am happy I am gaining some self awareness. I am happy I will figure out how to hook up my dvd player and start my piyo.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I am happy for a great AlAnon meeting...small group but we had some great shares that resulted in a few laughs. We also had a newcomer, and I always enjoy the refresher.
Old 08-14-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Today has been full of challenges!! So, I am most happy about the technology that will allow me to work from home tomorrow, wearing yoga pants & a ponytail, instead of having another day like today at the office.
Old 08-14-2014, 06:26 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I made homemade Kind Bars today. They're to die for. My toddler wants to devour them. The whole thing just makes he happy. I love cooking with her, especially when it's healthy and yummy. Nom!!!
Old 08-14-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

My sons started school today. I was grateful to be able to see ds5 off to kindergarten. I missed that milestone with ds12 while I was deployed, had to settle for pictures. Today I was taking the pictures!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

This has turned into such a great thread, I really find myself looking forward to all of your updates every day!

Today I woke up happy to the scent of hickory~brown sugar BBQ ribs.... I threw it all together in the crock pot just before going to sleep & cooked it on low all night. DD & I are home today & RAH is working close by so we're going to have a big lunch instead of a heavy late dinner. It's a great end-of-summer weekend for us I hope..... big comfy lunch today (BBQ, mac & chz, apple pie, fresh corn & melon), family time with my sister & kids, her new BF & my mom tomorrow.

TGIF everyone! Wishing you all a wonderful (& HAPPY!!!) day!

Last edited by FireSprite; 08-15-2014 at 05:49 AM. Reason: ETA: I'm losing track! Today is my day #7 already!
Old 08-15-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Today I'm happy that vegan, soy free Cheerios exist and that they're conveniently located at my local Whole Foods. It's about the only processed food that baby DD can have and it's a life saver to keep a small pouch in my purse for emergency situations.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:30 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Most beautiful sunset ever!
Old 08-15-2014, 07:31 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today I'm grateful for gooey cheese pizza and hot running water and my bathtub. I work a double shift on Fridays so I spent the time in between relaxing with some lavender bath salts and a Somerset Maughm novel.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:34 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Today, I am glad my work shift is over.... if that counts! It was a tough one.

Sis had a sore mouth due to her new brackets on her braces. I took that opportunity and kept her home from her extended learning and just was selfish and loved having her home with me. ALWAYS a plus. I really have to mentally prepare myself on the day I have to go back to work after being off with her. We sat and did crafts... I watched her while she was reading. I love to watch her read. She loves it and I like watching her when she doesn't realize it. I try to burn these memories in my brain.... it all goes by so quickly.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I went on a beautiful bike ride this morning and decided to start my 100 happy days today!

I will be posting my photos on instagram. Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Happy for a rainy Saturday afternoon today, snuggling on the couch with DD watching movies. (My pick - the original Bad News Bears with Walter Matthau)

We ran around garage sale & Goodwill shopping for deals this morning with my mom (our original plans fell through) and made it home *just* before the rain.
Old 08-16-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Today subscription boxes have me feeling happy. It's like getting presents from myself in the mail.
Old 08-16-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Saturdays are my days I get to go eat breakfast with my son. Little sis and I go each Saturday morning to the hospital and eat with him in the cafeteria. I get to listen to him talking, and witnessing his progress. I get to see his smile or lack there of. I get to get hugs from him and just let him know I am present in his life as much as he is present in mine. I get to see the two of them talking and being siblings. Some Saturdays are hard when he gets his meds changed. Some days he is very tired and a bit withdrawn. Today was one of those days. Well, the tired part. He was not withdrawn, as he was talking about work and about a softball tournament coming up on Wednesday. He was talking about Robin Williams and how it made him so sad and how confusing it was. We watched the squirrels playing and climbing trees as we approached the hospital and the birds were singing. It was a good way to start my day.
Old 08-17-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yesterday- grateful for Redneck Life. Awesome game night.
Today- grateful for the luxury of a long walk. And ice water.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:18 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Fell behind, oooops!

Sunday, Day #9 - Carrot Cake Cookies..... YUM!!!! Forgot I had those little babies in the freezer!

Monday, Day #10 - 1st days back-to-school. DD adores school & could not wait to get back to it. She was up early this morning & allllllll smiles!

We grabbed protein bars & headed out early so we could be ahead & not behind the crowds dropping off. It was a madhouse & we were happy to have our snacks to keep us busy while we watched the Mr.-Mom-like craziness going on.... ("You're going the WRONG WAY!!)

Our school put a safety policy into place this year where outside of extreme circumstances parents are NOT allowed to just walk their kids to class every morning... no getting past the front desk without signing in officially. Judging from the crowds at the door, none of parents read the paperwork sent home at Open House last week. The poor teachers were already stressed, turning away a wall of parents!

{But it's a GOOD policy, I'm glad to see it being enforced! It has always made me nervous that mornings are the only time of day that any adult could walk into the school right under the noses of the administration & not be known. At any other point in the day they are in a full lockdown & no one gets past the front lock without clearance, so it always baffled me that this was allowed. 2 yrs ago the school went into full lockdown when an armed man escaped police & was seen in the woods opposite the school about an hour before dismissal. Our principal elected to hold ALL kids in school until he was detained by police - not willing to risk a kid on the bus ramp or one of the walkers being accosted on their way home. I was so happy that they had drills in place to handle this kind of stuff & that they reacted so immediately to keep kids safe.}
Old 08-18-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I'm a few days behind now too...keeping track with my photos & phone though...
  • Finally started to tackle the next part of organizing our home office...huge sense of accomplishment.
  • RAH and I made a great dinner together - while he was cooking the meat we both mentioned how excited we were for our dinner. Turned out great!
  • Fabulous weather once again - we've had a cooler than average summer and I love it.
Old 08-19-2014, 02:05 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hard few days... hard day today... hard days ahead. I was sent home from work tonight early. Well, not really, I was asked if I wanted to go home as I have my head in other places. It was slow enough... I took advantage of it.

Been up, as I can't sleep.... my bedroom window is open and a little bit of cool air from outside is coming in. I am listening to the crickets chirping away... some of them a low humming calming chirp... and some of them a faster paced chirp, and I can hear a train in the distance. I am trying to ground myself in the present and just enjoy this moment... these calm and quiet moments and know that tomorrow is a new day, and my situation will not be different tomorrow, yet, they will need to wait for me until tomorrow... because right now, the air, the chirping, and the rolling train have my attention, and I like where I am at this moment. I get to pick sis up from camping tomorrow and that will also give me some comfort to embrace. GRIN... and now two cats are fighting outside my window... so much for the peacefulness of the crickets....
Old 08-19-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

((((((Wendy))))))) I hope things are going better today.

Day #11 - indulged in frozen yogurt build-your-own sundaes for our staff meeting lunch today. (Mine is primarily sorbet with fresh fruit but still sugary & yummy...)

While that makes me happy on it's own the literal icing on the sundae was the very young, hot, cashier pulling out his bestest Flirty Guy Moves on me... nothing like that to make a 40-yr old woman smile a little brighter, lol.

I get hit on a lot but not usually guys THIS young (he couldn't have been more than 21/22), what an ego boost, lol!