accurate breathalyzers?

Old 11-24-2014, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

accurate breathalyzers?

So in our "temporary" custody agreement, we are both allowed to drug/alchol test the other if we feel inclined.

I bought a key chain breathalyzer from CVS. The few times I have used it on him it read a 0.00 which is good....but while I was at my brothers house this weekend, he asked to look at it. My brother had just had a bud light platinum and tried out the breathalyzer. Guess what? 0.00!!

That's a little frustrating.

Does anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive but accurate breathalyzer?
Old 11-24-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I got one to take with me on a trip to Napa (better safe than sorry!). It's a small keychain one, uses a triple A battery, from best buy. BACtrack. I think it was $30.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A work in progress

It's pretty well known that it takes some time for the alcohol to be detectable in the breath--trust me, there's been a TON of litigation in NJ over the accuracy of the latest version of police-administered testing equipment, and over timing of the testing, and whether "extrapolation" evidence (from which the defendant hopes to argue that even though s/he was over the limit at the time of testing, the level was lower at the time of the stop) is admissible.

You're not going to get anything cheap/portable that detects whether ANY alcohol has been consumed.