100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 09-25-2014, 07:20 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Grateful for my ceiling fan. We're having a warm autumn so far.
Old 09-25-2014, 07:47 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Thanks for posting this!!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:32 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Serendipity!

This morning I knew I needed to stop at the wholesale club & was dragging my feet but finally listened to my inner voice saying, JUSTDOITDOITDOIT.JUSTDOITDOITDOIT, so I stopped.

I flew through, grabbing the half dozen items I needed & then at the checkouts I noticed a pallet of Lipton Sweetened Iced Tea K-cups for the Keurig machines, 54/pack for..... $0.51. Huh? Is this RIGHT? Yes, they assure me, we're getting rid of them, need the shelf space, good til mid-2015. I drink gallons of tea.

I bought 22 cases. That's 1188 K-cups in case you are wondering. It cost $11.22.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:22 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Wow FS...that is an awesome deal! Love when that happens!

Today I am thankful for my coworkers. They are my good good friends and I am truly blessed to see them five days a week.

Also thankful that my DD's blood tests came back normal for a test she had done.
Old 09-28-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Grateful for someone else mowing the lawn, because I got over myself and asked for help.
Grateful for an awesome Alanon meeting on Sat. night.
Grateful for a nice family day for DS13's second b-day party. Went to my mom's and did a small celebration with her, as she is still recuperating from her rotator cuff surgery.
Grateful for DS5 who got me into a zenlike state of contemplation this evening by asking the age-old question: "Mommy, do ninjas go potty?"
Old 09-28-2014, 07:10 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

#49 - Roller skating. How can you watch people of all skill levels roller skating at the local rink and NOT smile? Real life entertainment right there!

& #50 - (halfway already!) Rainstorms. We've had some great tropical storms rolling through every afternoon & when it hit today I got inspired. I grabbed DD & we ran outside, dancing & singing around in the rain for a few. When it got really heavy, we grabbed our shampoo & conditioner & washed our hair outside in the rain.
Old 09-28-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

"Mommy, do ninjas go potty?"
Those questions are the best!!!

My happy today was realizing DD3 had wandered off and I found her in her room snuggled up and reading books in my rocking chair. <3
Old 09-30-2014, 08:45 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

#51 - randomness - The A/C is out in my van & DD & I were driving home from school in the later afternoon, she had her window down & her long, curly, red locks just flying around in the wind. 2 lanes over from us we saw a couple of teen girls gesturing & smiling & yelling so we leaned in,

"WHAT???"

"Your hair looks SO BRAVE!!!!!!!" they exclaimed at DD "You ARE Merida!!!!" Big grins, thumbs-ups & waving back & forth.

And lol, but they are right - she doesn't look too very much different than this, with her wild hair billowing around, right down to her little heart shaped face & devilish grin:

It made her day, she smiled from ear to ear. Merida is one of her few Princess-y idols - the only strong, take-no-crap-from-boys, redhead character that she identifies with.

#52 - Today I'm happy that Pep Boys replaced my warrantied (but defective) 2-yr old battery despite having NO receipt & having purchased it in a different town while on vacation at Disney/Kissimee 2 yrs ago! They were able to accept the serial #/date stamp on the battery itself as proof of purchase & I was on my way in about 15 mins! WOW!
Old 09-30-2014, 09:28 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Today I am thankful for my DD's school and the town we live in. They have a lot of opportunity here and we have some truly great friends here.

I am also thankful for my kittys. I woke up today with them both sleeping in my bed and they bring a smile to my face immediately. The baby, Willow, is only about 10 weeks old so she is super fun to play with and watch. I had to catch her b/c she almost took a dive into my bath water last night LOL!
Old 09-30-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  

Grateful for the Goodwill dollar sale. Replenished my ratty wardrobe and indulged my shopping jones for 8 bucks. Also got rid of several bags of donation stuff that was cluttering up my closet.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:33 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

My cats make me so happy even though they are spoiled & they outnumber the people in our household nearly 3 to 1.

I love that DD's male refuses to sleep anywhere except her bed & stays with her all night, every night, like a guardian. I love how the rest sleep until I get up & then we go through the same lazy morning routine of chattering & stretching before even leaving my bedroom.

They all have such unique personalities & provide us all with so much love, companionship, comfort & loyalty. They even interact with each other like a true fur family & I can't help but LOL listening to RAH cuddle & coo with his 1-yr old, emotionally needy male. (no, the irony of this is NOT lost on me, lol!!)
Old 10-02-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Grateful for my washer and dryer.
Grateful for the new free yoga app I discovered.
Grateful for the cereal sale $1.48 a box.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:21 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

((((((giggling))))))

Happy because every time I open this thread now I envision Ninjas doing the "peepee dance".....

How can you NOT smile & laugh? Kids are the BEST!!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Oh, we've ALL fallen so far behind!

I haven't forgotten, just got sidetracked in life.

#55 - So grateful & happy that I live in such a beautiful area of the country & that my BFF & I can toss a few towels & a cooler of drinks into her car & run away to the beach at night after the kids are settled, practically year-round. What a great way to spend some time in nature & catch up on our Girl Talk.

#56 - wii dance games - what a FUN way to pass the time with my DD & 14 yr old niece.

#57 - Sundays. Sundays make me happy even without any special events or plans. I just love the lazy mornings of knowing we have a full day ahead of us to just BE without any obligations.

#58 - Happy for a pediatrician that pushes rest, vitamins, fluids & reducing stress instead of jumping to write a prescription every time DD has the sniffles.... but is still cautious enough to run all the necessary tests to rule out anything bacterial or dangerous. I love their approach - they really look at the whole BIG picture & take the time to listen & ask questions. We never feel "just" a number with them.

#59 - Happy DD's Odyssey team has a new coach this yearsafter the disaster we experienced last year. After last night's 1st mtg I can tell the kids are going to really get the benefit of this program, the way it is intended to be.

#60 - (Today) - Happy to be going to dinner with an Old Friend. I had been lamenting my lack of IRL friends a couple of weeks ago & then suddenly she texted me out of the blue & asked me to meet up with her. It was a great kick in the pants from my HP reminding me of what I *do* have already & may not be fully appreciating.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Grateful for my mindfulness class at the VA.
Grateful for the perfect autumn weather we've been having.
Grateful for an NPR story which gave me an idea for another book I want to read. DS5 has been bringing home book orders and I think it's about time I did a mommy book order for myself. I have quite a list. I was able to find one at the library, but I'm going to see about buying some of the others.
Grateful that my friend called yesterday and offered me a ride to an Alanon conference this Saturday. I wasn't going to go b/c everyone else is doing the whole three days, but she's going down and driving back Saturday so now I can go.
Grateful I have tonight off work. Have a video game date with DS5.
Grateful for maple syrup- Breakfast for dinner, woohoo!
Old 10-10-2014, 09:54 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Grateful for my journaling habit.
Grateful that today is Friday!
Old 10-10-2014, 10:13 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

#61 - Grateful for OTC natural sleep aids for *those* nights when sleep evades me. I usually get by with melatonin but tried a new product recently that I really like as well.

#62 - Grateful that if my water system HAD to break down overnight & leave us with no water/no showers in the morning then at least it happened on a day when my boss is out of the office & we have no clients to see.... so I can get away with a ponytail & yoga pants.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:57 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Grateful I had an opportunity to hear an Alateen speaker this Saturday at the conference. She was such an eloquent young lady and truly spoke from the heart. It was a wonderful experience.
Grateful for an extra work shift this Sunday, gotta make that green, lol.
Grateful I caught up scheduling a bunch of appointments I'd been putting off. It's nice not having a bunch of stuff hanging over my head
Old 10-13-2014, 11:24 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Grateful for my parents. A friend of theirs has an anniversary hayride/bonfire for them each year, it was a lot of fun.

Grateful for Tylenol. I am hurting today with muscle aches especially in both my hands and arms, and my neck. Without Tylenol I've no clue what I would do.

Grateful for my kitty kats. When I went home for lunch I sat and felt them winding around my ankles and they just make me happy in general.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:43 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

#63 - Grateful to spend time with my sister socially - we don't get that chance very often anymore!

#64 - Bounce houses! How can you NOT smile while you are bouncing like a ping pong ball???

#65 - Grateful for payday!

#66 - "Revolution" on Netflix - what a great show!

#67 - Grateful for double backups!!! Even though I accidentally dumped 5 years of photos off of my hard drive yesterday, I remembered that I had put them all on DVD years ago too, so I was able to retrieve everything I lost. Whew!!!