100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 08-19-2014, 09:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Today, I am starting to count my happy days.

I am grateful today for my baby step and being able to sleep reeeeally well last night.
Old 08-19-2014, 11:59 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Happy to have my dogs snuggle up in bed with me...I'm always amazed at the way their different personalities shine through in all they do.
Old 08-20-2014, 06:48 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

#12 - My new, awesome smelling hand lotion.... Hawaiian Blossom & Plum. It smells divine!
Old 08-20-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Sleepytime tea.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:56 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My happy for today was seeing my love bugs holding hands in the backseat of my car, especially since they can barely reach each other since their car seats are on opposite sides of the car. <3
Old 08-20-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Lots of happy today. My brother is now out of his induced coma. He wasn't sure why he was there, was very confused. He will remain in ICU still, but it was great news, and it came on my sister's birthday, so she was sobbing on the phone with my step mom. I am blessed to have this information. My step mom told me that his son asked him if he had good dreams... and he said, man did I! He was quiet they said, but when he was talking, he had his sense of humor.... so I am happy (elated) for that. Tonight was mommy daughter date night, and I am usually selfish with that time... but we went to a neighborhood picnic, and private concert where Peter Woolston preformed for us. http://peterwoolston.com/ He sings of hope and praise, and he talked to us. It was amazing. I thought of each of us on this site, not this forum, but this site, fighting one battle or another.... he has such a great message. Really feel blessed tonight...
Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

All 3 of us woke early today & no one actually wanted to get out of bed. For the first time in so long I can't remember, DD crawled up into our bed & we started the day being silly, cuddling with our cats, having tickle fights & coming up with goofy jokes & tongue twisters, waiting for the sun to come up. What a blessed & happy way to begin Day #13!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Grateful for the gentle rain that fell and cooled me off at the end of my walk today.

@FS- tickle fights and kitties, doesn't get any better than that.
Old 08-21-2014, 10:35 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

#3 Happy and grateful for seeing clearly. Happy for not being sucked into another honeymoon black hole. Grateful for the growing awareness.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:31 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My parents are staying with us a few days while they have some work done at their home...a home cooked meal from my mom made me happy.

Got my hair cut and colored...some days it makes all the difference in the world!
Old 08-22-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Yesterdays happy, I was able to finish my school shopping or my nine year old daughter... and birthday shopping for my soon to be 4 year old granddaughter. Getting the task done doesn't really give me the happy, but knowing I was able to provide these things for them makes me feel good. Seeing my daughter's face as she examined each thing and draped them over herself and looked in the mirror, made me happy. She was really into her input this year... usually it has been, yeah, I really like that mom, and we would put it in the cart. Now, oh my, she was all over the store looking and really pointing out things she wanted or liked. She had to make some choices as I was trying to stay on budget, and she did that well. Now just shoes and we are completely done. I should take out a second mortgage when school time come around as it adds up quickly...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Tough day #14 for me so far, but my happy today is definitely SR.

I felt relief just being able to share my troubles with people who understand and to be able to reach out through this network to friends I may not have in my life in any other way, under any other circumstances.

Deep gratitude, all around, to everyone that contributes to this site in any big or small way. ((((HUGS))))
Old 08-22-2014, 11:08 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

My happy today is having someone else to take care of my husband. I'm glad he's at rehab. I'm glad he can't text me. I'm glad he can't use me as an emotional dumping ground. Ah… freedom.

The next 30 days will be about having fun. Today was day 1 and I took my kids to the aquarium. We had a blast and both of my girls crashed early for bedtime. Win Win!!
Old 08-23-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Grateful for my therapist at the VA. Had a bad week with some PTSD symptoms, which she hasn't really seen as they don't come up too often (something else to be grateful for).
Old 08-23-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

#5 Grateful for a sunny day and swimming; the ability to focus and do my work

Oh, and planning to get a puppy!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

So happy for 12 hours sleep last night, WOW!!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:49 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I'm happy for leaves starting to change color! There is a petite maple tree outside and the leaves are starting to turn already and it's beautiful. I love when the seasons change.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Today, lots to be happy for. I go see my son at the hospital on Saturday for breakfast. I always love seeing his face, even when he is moody like today. We left there and was reminded gently by my daughter that I had asked her to remind me to go look at school shoes for her.... the one item we didn't get yet. So my happy there was I talked her down from 8 pairs of shoes, down to 5. Dress shoes in brown and a pair in black, tennies, brown boots, and a pair or gold sparkly shoes, in which I have no idea what she will wear with, but she was so loving them, I could see that look in her eye. Then at work, there is a group of young adults, maybe early20's.... they asked me to do the honors of dumping the ice water on one of their heads outside from a 5 gallon bucket. They always want to sit in my section, they always laugh at me and confide in me.... so it was fun to have them ask me to do this. Well, I asked them to do it on the lawn as to not have someone slip on ice in the parking lot. We went out... they were filming, and I saw he had a watch on so I asked him to take it off. They all laughed... I said... Hey, I am a mom... They had to reshoot... ha! Another young man had to help me lift it over his head to dump it, as he was too tall for me to lift that high, and subsequently, Half of my body also got drenched. All of my tips in my pocket, my order pad, my shoes... but, the hair went untouched... so it was all good. They were mortified... ha. I laughed it off and it felt good to laugh. I had to finish my shift out half wet. Lots to be happy about.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:08 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy to wake this morning with 5 of my furbaby kitties sleeping on or around my bed. They sleep with me like sentinels, when I stir in the mornings they stretch & start chatting/rolling around/etc. They cuddle with each other as much as they do with us, a real little fur family. The topper is the youngest (5 month old kitten) LOVES playing fetch so he brings me his toys while I am still waking & we can get a quick round in before even getting out of bed.

I've made it as far as the couch with DD & cartoons. Cinnamon rolls on the way (in the oven) for breakfast. Simple things!!!

Wendy, your post made my heart warm!
Old 08-24-2014, 08:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I'm exhausted and feeling really anxious and I have a lot of work that I've been neglecting that I need to work on. Right now, I'm thankful for this thread (I was actually looking for your recent buzzword thread but this is just as good) to remind me how much good I have in my life on a daily basis. I'm happy about each person who has held a door open for me today, for beautiful weather that we've been having, that my daughters hug each other a bazillion times a day, that I have friends who care deeply about me and my children.