100 Happy Days - anyone tried it?

Old 08-29-2014, 09:34 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Car shopping tomorrow!
Kind of excited. I've owned about four cars my whole life, and never really got to go pick one out for myself. It was always my mom with me or my husband.
Wish me luck!
Good luck and have fun!! The two times I've bought a car I've narrowed it down with lots of research and test drove only THE car that I knew I wanted when I walked on the lot. Which kind of takes the fun out of it. LOL

I painted my toes after I put my kids to bed. I love having freshly painted toes! It's a small, silly thing but it totally makes me happy!
Old 08-30-2014, 10:20 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Grateful for my new car. 2005 Camry. It's red. With a sunroof. I almost started crying when I watched the salesman take the plates off my rusted out minivan and put them on my shiny new car.
I feel like a real grownup. Now for a joyride, lol.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

WOOHOO ladyscribbler!! CONGRATS!

Yesterday - Day #21 Just happy for nice people.... spent most of the day with DD & a friend, running around doing random shopping & "stuff". Being our goofy, absurd selves we always manage to coax smiles out of cashiers, waiters, people we run across all day long. For half the day DD & I were on a total "Elf" kick, walking around saying, "I love smiling, smiling's my favorite" a la Will Farrell & other ridiculous stuff, just cracking ourselves up. It really can be infectious when you have that much silly fun, we found a lot of it reflected back to us once people caught onto our energy & just played along.

Well, until we got to Walmart anyway. {shudder} LOL

Today - Day #22 Groupon makes me happy. Their deals prompted us to spend the entire day at a local nature park that is really just a roadside attraction extraordinaire, lol. It's cheesy fun but the deal was awesome & my mom, sister, her kids, her new BF, myself, RAH & DD were ALL able to go & do something together - they have a mini zoo, mini golf, a few attractions, rides, enormous, cheesy gift shops. Then we had dinner together at a buffet before heading home, I had a chance to spend some time with the new BF & we bonded over our mutual love of the Real Housewives. LMBO!!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:52 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Ooh, Real Housewives. Have you watched Hotwives of Orlando on Hulu Plus? It's a ridiculously accurate parody.
Grateful today that my mom is home safely from visiting my grandma in Colorado. And that she volunteered to take DS5 overnight. Going out for some junk food and doing game night with DS12.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:55 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ladyscribbler View Post
Ooh, Real Housewives. Have you watched Hotwives of Orlando on Hulu Plus?
OMG, NO!! I *have* to check that out!! I cancelled cable a while back so I am VERY far behind on my RH drama.... I miss the Jersey ones SO MUCH... being from a big Sicilian family I over-identity with their particular dysfunction, roflmbo!!

*eta - I am catching up on RHoNY online though!
Old 09-01-2014, 01:10 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Today- grateful for homemade tomato soup. My mom had about 20 lbs of fresh tomatoes in her garden which we harvested while she was gone. This morning they were super ripe and I had to do something with them.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

#14 Grateful for the thunderstorm and lots and lots of rain. Grateful for my soft blanket.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Oh..... there's nothing like a good thunderstorm sometimes!

Yesterday, Day #23 - Rainbows.... I got out for just a bit to do some grocery shopping & encountered a few rainbows in my path. I can't see one & NOT smile, they remind me so much of my RAF. He had a saying that was something like, 'always remember it takes a little sunshine & a little rain to make the rainbow... remember that when it seems like all you see is rain". Basically reminding us that sometimes the 'bad' is necessary sometimes for the good to be great.

Today - Day #24 - Understanding Bosses - she totally gets how "off" I've been with this flu & even after a long holiday weekend is encouraging me to go home & rest more.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Over the last few days, I have been happy for the following:
  • homemade chocolate chip cookies
  • the arboretum...peaceful regardless if you drive, walk or ride your way through
  • RAH & I played Beatles trivial pursuit
  • the improvement of appearance in my landscaping when I clear the weeds
Old 09-02-2014, 11:48 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

#15 Today I am very happy for someone else. My sister. She got a great job and will start working next week. And I am happy for my father who is very very proud.
Old 09-04-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Yesterday #25 - Rebate checks! 2 arrived in the mail today just when I need it most!

Today #26 - online bill paying - my cat woke me at 5am & my first thought was that I may have forgotten to pay a bill (?); I jumped online & took care of it right away. I guess I'm also glad the cat woke me at that moment while the thought was apparently in my head?
Old 09-04-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Grateful my mom's shoulder surgery was successful and she will be released from the hospital today.
Grateful to have the opportunity to do Alanon outreach for family night at the local rehab.
Grateful I had the energy to get my lawn mowed, it was starting to look like the Dothraki sea.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:39 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Happy for a large Starbucks coffee after a couple nights of not sleeping enough!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Not sure where I am on this one or how far behind.

*Grateful for my daughter that is back in school. She does not like summer vacations. She loves school.
*Grateful for a friend that celebrates four years of sobriety today...
*Grateful for the cool mornings and evenings as fall is on the way.
*Grateful for making my bills this week....
Old 09-04-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

#17 The weather was just so incredible today. Lots of sunshine and some breeze. I am grateful for a flock of geese crossing the road. That was funny. Why do they walk across when they can fly?
Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

#27 & all I can say is TGIF! So happy this was short work week with the holiday..... the flu really wore me out & made me GRUMPY. It's been 8 days now & while I'm not nearly as symptomatic as I was, the fatigue/general achiness is just the worst. I *hate* being a whiner, I'm sick of MYSELF at this point.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Grateful I had the motivation to get a bunch of my weekend errands done today so I can relax this weekend.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:48 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Happy today to listen to the radio-thon for the local Children's hospital...I've known several people that have had their children treated there & I know they do AMAZING work. It always helps me keep things in perspective.
Old 09-05-2014, 04:20 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Today I am thankful for miso soup, and clam chowder.... and friendships you never saw coming! A big couple of days with some memories, and working on myself, with an unexpected friendship. I am always so thankful for the kindness that we show each other as human beings and learning and sharing with each other. I thankful for trust, as I am not one that trusts so easily.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:31 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

So happy today for MUSIC! Months ago when we got our tax refund we decided to splurge on tix that were just about to go on sale to see our favorite band do an acoustic show at a great theatre, right here in our town. Knowing this is a tough time of year for us financially anyway & since the concert is just 1 week after our 20 yr anniversary we figured we were sorta pre-paying for a date night. And since I was online getting tix the minute they were available I got amazing seats.

Well... not exactly a date night, DD is going too. I didn't have the heart to leave her out of something she loves so much & something that we have so few opportunities to share with her. (it's hard taking a child to rock concerts, ya know? )

My mom gave us a GC for dinner last week too so I'm excited to take the night OFF from worry & just go have some fun bonding over good food & great music.