Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 02-02-2022, 11:54 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ Yes, Pondy's autocorrect has generated a lot of laughs.

I must not have auto correct on my computer cause it never changes the words I type.

Took Billie out to relieve herself and she peed. Grudgingly, I must admit, cause it's raining a bit and she hates like hell going out in the rain.

Is Ann's wake going to run all weekend? I'd like to be here as much as possible.

lol Suki
Old 02-02-2022, 12:29 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Administrator

Love your work PJ

D
Old 02-02-2022, 12:36 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Someone we know well here is having a birthday on the 10th. It might be our Aussie-turned-Yankee, known here fondly as Suze. I don't know who will make the cake(s), with Ann gone, but there will be cake. I'm sure someone here will step up to the plate and make a lovely cake.

It's not snowing yet, still raining. I hope bro gets home safely.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:04 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

VC, thanks for the bible bath explanation. Too funny Auto correct has introduced lots of hilarity into life!

I'm hacking through my day in my usual one tiny project at a time. As I only make myself to a little bit on a project in one go, I wind up with projects spread all over. Right now I have a bunch of papers to burn that are half sorted, papers to file in a pile that needs to go downstairs and knitting that I can't find some yarn to finish . . .ugh . . .at least I'm "doing something about stuff".

Now to take some papers downstairs, get some tylenol and make a phone call.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:36 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Last week was actually ok…This week is and has been thus far a pretty bumpy ride.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:32 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Suki - Phillis is a real looker.

Mags - It's such an unfair & sad way for Alz. sufferers to spend their last years. Your Mil is luckier than many, though - she has you to care & try your best to help.

PJ - I think you learned them real good.
I love the picture too.
I like what you said about living, not just surviving.

Pondy - I wonder if E's mama could live closer & still do the same work? It would be wonderful to be near them.

Gray & dismal day with the big snow approaching. Birds & squirrels are frantically trying to get fueled up - so we put out extra seed & nuts.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:06 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Venus, thanks for the laugh
It was nice here earlier, now it has started to rain and is supposed to turn to snow. They are predicting up to 12 inches. Poor Riley will need a snorkel.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:13 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Fed Billie and took her out. She peed right away and headed for the door. I said, whoa, not so fast. I know you've got to poop and we're not going in til you poop. Talked to her sternly and she finally pooped. I dried her off really well when we came in.

Yes, it is sad to watch those with dementia fade away. It's good for those who have people to care for them, like Mags and Mr Mags.

Billie is playing vigorously with her White Paw squishy toy. Shaking it and tossing it.

Intro, sorry you're having an off day. Hope tomorrow is better.
Old 02-02-2022, 03:57 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

I have been respectfully tip-toing around bible baths, and now to find out it was not so...oh the pain.
Dr. Smith's Pain - Bing video
I am gonna try to be a little less misery guts by posting silly stuff, Ann can look over our collective shoulders and read. Posted on the Overs thread, where I say, 'so sayeth the wise', meaning- not me.

'The Wise'.
Older men, and a smattering of hot women, who sit on wise looking chairs. They don't say 'hello', they look wise and GREET by saying stuff like 'my old friend', 'it is thus' and 'what think you?'. The men smoke pipes, the women say wise stuff, but keep looking hot (they often have a large, carnivor, predator pet- like a leopard). The men give each other wise looks and nod sagely. They talk of 'the time of the ancients...'and 'an ancient legend thus spake'. The bad guy is always 'he we do not name', he has minions and henchmen.
Finally wise men wear nighties and don't do much that is wise, because the image of being wise is so important.

Old 02-02-2022, 04:02 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

wth, on a roll....interpreting another rule adjustment to COVID restrictions

Lost In Space - Dr. Smith Screams - Bing video
Old 02-02-2022, 04:42 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Those two on the motorized transport look like what they're about to do is dangerous. I remember Dr Smith screaming a lot. We watched that show faithfully. I liked Angela Cartwright's character. (I liked her movie roles, like The Sound of Music.)
Old 02-02-2022, 05:25 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Riley does not seem to be feeling well, I am not sure what is wrong. Maybe he feels the storm coming. Poor little guy. He had such a rough summer with his back injury, becoming paralyzed, losing an eye all within one week.
Old 02-02-2022, 05:45 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

(((Riley))) ❤️
Old 02-02-2022, 06:11 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Hugs to Riley. Sometimes the dropping barometric pressure can make animals (and people) uncomfortable.
Mags, my brother had a sneaky way of messing with my mother, in his passive-aggressive way.
If the power went out or cable wasn’t functioning, he would ask her if she had paid the bill. (She hasn’t written a check in years. Me and older sib pay her bills)
But…He knew that she worried a lot about paying bills on time. When she was younger, she managed the house accounts.
As she has aged and her cognitive abilities have become disorganized, she is even more worried about this, and he would do this to wind her up.
Frequently, I would be greeted at the door by a panicked mom, asking me if she had paid the electric or cable or whatever bill. I knew right away what was going on.
It was cruel. He is a very small, mean man.
He would also pester for money. I knew he was up to this because she would meet me at the door, saying “I don’t have any cash in the house!!”
it is sad that she is too frail to return to her house right now, but I am soooo glad she doesn’t have to deal with his crazy.
Old 02-02-2022, 06:53 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Maudcat, I am glad your momma doesn't have to be treated that way anymore. I hope his conscience kicks in and he says he is sorry before its too late. Your mommas life is probably much more peaceful now.

Alpine, is your riley still paralyzed ? Poor baby. what kind of dog is he?

least, I think that was horrid that they didn't wear masks! and after you asked them , too! Be careful if there is any ice tomorrow, when you take Billie out. I can't figure out how much we are going to get.

I think Ann's Celebration of Life should be whenever and how long any of us wish. I have no idea of how to throw a party- Just remembering our lovely Ann some more would help me. I have been struggling with sadness over her being gone. today, I saw a lady who for some reason, made me think of Ann. She had a kind face, and said something like ' I think I know you, you have such beautiful hair' and it brought me to tears. I think our Ann is going to be with us somehow, always, because she loves us. I don't think I'd ever seen that lady before. But I just chose to think of how loving and supportive Ann always was, and it was very strange that I felt Anns presence. Is that silly? I guess it might be, but I can share that here, and know that most of you know and love me for the wacky whiner that I am. Ann loved us all....

Suki, that was hilarious...
Old 02-02-2022, 07:30 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I miss Ann terribly. I'm still trying to come to grips with the awful reality that she's gone and we won't see her again in this life.

I will forever miss her kindly advice. We miss you Ann. Doggone it, you weren't supposed to leave so abruptly. You shocked us all.

I will miss her *snork*
Old 02-02-2022, 08:15 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Heya all, lots going on since I read last.

PJ, thanks for the silliness. I'm going to elect you as a wise old man and send you a nighty.

Intro, thanks for updating us. I feel a certain camaraderie with you as I struggle with mood too. Ugh. Keep at it.

Chicory, big big hug to you. Personally I prefer the marrying and having babies part of life rather than the dying part of life. Ugh.

Maudcat, I'm so so glad your mom is in a care facility now. I hope it is a good one. Much grace and wisdom to you as you navigate the family situation.
Old 02-02-2022, 09:24 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  
Magsie

Alpine, sending hugs to you and Riley

Maudcat, it’s a blessing really your mom doesn’t have your brother upsetting her anymore. How cruel he was. I can see familiarities with MIL’s friend though. I think she would upset mil a lot if we wasn’t there to ‘buffer’ her.

Aw chic, wasn’t it lovely that lady ‘happened’ upon you. ❤️ There’s more to this world than we’ll ever know, I’m sure!
Old 02-03-2022, 04:37 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Alpine, I hope Riley is ok.

Maudcat, I hope it works out nicely for your mom.

PJ, I love that method of moving a refrigerator.
Old 02-03-2022, 04:42 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Sleep was messy last night for some reason. I think it was because yesterday morning I was out of regular coffee and used some Christmas roast coffee, which wasn't very good, so drank more stronger coffee later on. Got up in the middle of the night, but at least Olympic curling was on.