Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 02-01-2022, 05:12 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

When I first logged on this morning it was 40 F. Sun is coming up and now it says 49. Returning to more typical Florida winter weather. A bit dry for this time of year. Starting to plan spring fishing trips. Two years ago it was nearly impossible to fathom doing a weekend fishing trip without drowning in beer, but many trips were cancelled because of the pandemic. Last year, I was surprised at the simplicity of sober fishing weekends. This year, I can plan fishing without it even being a concern.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Cityboy what kind of fishing do you do? I do a fair amount of fly fishing.
It is supposed to be sunny here today which will be 2 days in a row...Wooot wooot., I will be going out for a walk that is for sure.
I need to go over to my Mom's to help her clean her floors, I will probably wait until tomorrow because the weather is supposed to be not very nice and I will most likely not go on Thursday because we are supposed to get a fair amount of snow and prior to that ice. Fun times.
Old 02-01-2022, 06:10 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

My MIL likes to sleep in a fair amount..which is of course fine. I have the urge at times to say "It's alive " when she comes out of her bedroom. I am not sure if she would appreciate my sense of humor. LOL
Old 02-01-2022, 06:22 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Well, we survived dropping Eleanor off at daycare this morning and yes a few tears were shed. We drove straight to Starbucks and treated ourselves to coffee and split a piece of their decadent coffee cake . Eleanor's Mom is on her video calls talking with her new boss, who is located in Switzerland. I'm puttering about the house and will try for a walk before our lunch time pick up of Eleanor. The day care already sent a few pics and she's smiling and making some new little friends

I think the week end is a good time for a wake. I'm flying home to Cinti on Sunday but can make it work, so either day is good
Old 02-01-2022, 06:45 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I left my computer on all night. Forgot to shut it down.

I have an appt with my foot doctor this morning.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Just got home.

Pondy, I'm sure it was a sad event dropping Eleanor off at day care. I hope she didn't cry too much.

Got my four free covid tests today in the mail.

I heard we're getting a big snowstorm Wed and Thurs.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:43 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

It sunny once again here, 2 days in a row. However, it is getting windy and we are supposed to be getting a storm starting tomorrow. I better get outside for my walk. I already took Riley boy for one.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:26 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I texted my brother and asked him to please stop at the store and get me a big bag of the cat food I always get. I can pay him on Thursday when my check is in the bank. It's the only thing I'm almost out of. Every thing else I have enough of.

I asked him to get it today so I won't be out of cat food during a snow storm when it would be hard to go to the store.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:31 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cityboy - I remember thinking nothing would be fun again. Sure, there's an adjustment period - but it's so good to be rid of all the negative aspects of drinking. Seeing the world through clear eyes - so much more productive than being numb.
Where are your best fishing spots?

Pondy - I forgot to say yesterday congrats to Cinti for having your team in the Super Bowl.
It's so great that you planned to ease in to the daycare thing this way. Without you it would've been very sad & lonely for E's mama.

Chic - I agree about the weekend. I think Ann would be honored.

Alpine - We'll get some part of that storm, but not sure if ice or snow.

MrH made grilled cheese sandwiches with pepperoni last night. Clearly he took a break from our healthy eating program. Need to get serious and stick to it.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:56 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Feeling kind of strange. Light headed and just feel 'weird'. I don't know if it's the gabapentin or what. I ate breakfast this morning before my doctor appt.

Hev, the driver who took me to my appt today said he'd heard Ohio was getting a big storm, lots of snow. The driver who took me home said the same thing.

I'm going to make a cuppa and sweep a bit more snow away from Billie's potty area in the dog yard.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:51 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7760663
7760663[/url]]Feeling kind of strange. Light headed and just feel 'weird'. I don't know if it's the gabapentin or what. I ate breakfast this morning before my doctor appt.

Hev, the driver who took me to my appt today said he'd heard Ohio was getting a big storm, lots of snow. The driver who took me home said the same thing.

I'm going to make a cuppa and sweep a bit more snow away from Billie's potty area in the dog yard.
Feel better least. I know when I’m feeling weird, it kinda triggers my anxiety.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:02 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Angry Well! I've got a helluva whine!

My bank called me just now. Someone 'stole' or otherwise compromised my November rent check. I have to go to the bank to fill out a form to try to get my money back. I called my driver friend and asked if he could take me to the bank and back home if I paid him on Thursday, when my check was in the bank.

My banker told me that both the December and January checks for rent that I paid thru the bank's bill pay feature, came back marked "invalid address". I don't know why. Landlord called me earlier to say his SSN had been compromised and he thought maybe that's why he didn't get the checks.

Dumb landlord. I told him I paid the last two months rent thru the bank and he took that to mean that my banker was paying my rent! Well, duh! My landlord's not too bright and doesn't listen closely to what I said. Idiot.

Anyway, this has caused a lot of stress now. I'm afraid to use my bank's bill pay system to pay this months rent. Maybe I'll get a money order and mail it to them. Might be easier tho if I wrote him a check and he came by to get it. Just not use the mail.

sigh... just another annoyance. Glad I no longer seek to escape into a bottle.
Old 02-01-2022, 12:18 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
Administrator

There’s something to be said for direct deposits least - my rent automatically comes out of my bank account and into my landlords account every two weeks (My current landlord is the Government but I’ve done that with private landlords too).

No hassle no stress.

Dunno if that’s a thing in the US tho,

D
Old 02-01-2022, 12:39 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I have read that so many times least, and I don't understand. s
I am thinking that you have taxi vouchers though, to go to the bank.
That would save you money. xx

EDIT: OK....thinking it through.....so the Nov cheque was put in your mailbox as outgoing mail?
So someone is stealing your mail. I can't see how else it could happen.
Then they would have to fake sign the cheque over to themselves to deposit it, so there would be a record surely.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:44 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

There is a record. My banker had a picture of the November check with my landlord's name crossed out and someone else's name written in and, believe it or not, some bank cashed it that way! So I signed a paper, which was then notarized, that the check had been stolen/misappropriated. And the bank is going to get my money back in my account. I don't know if it was stolen out of my mailbox or my landlords. It's more likely it was taken out of landlord's mailbox cause I always give my rent check/envelope to bro and he mails it at the post office.

The bank bill pay has a box you can check to make it a recurring payment, but I didn't check that box. When I use it to pay this month's rent, I'll check the 'recurring' box. But my banker said the problem with the bank-generated checks is that I entered my landlord's zip plus four and the computer was reading it as a long number without the hyphen in between the numbers. So he deleted the plus four and said to try it with this months rent and see if it gets to him. They will try to get the money from January's check put back in my account when it comes back to the bank.

I have no taxi passes right now. Ran out and had no cash to get more. I will on Friday cause the agency where I get them is right across the street. I'll be able to go to an ATM to get some cash and then can get more passes.

Dee. my social security check is direct deposited in my bank account, But like I said, I'd have to check the 'recurring' box to have the rent automatically sent out.

Billie is busily chewing one of her bones and that reminds me to live in the moment and not project future happenings.

The bank will get the money back for me.
Old 02-01-2022, 01:57 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Well, that is a pain in the butt Least.
As for the storm, it is supposed to come in tomorrow night as rain/sleet then turn into snow. They are saying we could get about 12 inches once it is done.
I feeling pretty good today, no large cravings and AV has been quiet. I had to go to the grocery store then the pet store and an alcohol store is in the middle. I did not even think about going in. Blah to that.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:09 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Well done on passing by the store Alpine s

I can't imagine why someone who stole a cheque would wait 3 months to cash it....the whole thing is totally weird least.
Glad your banker was able to help you sort it out.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:48 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It is totally weird. And so poorly done, to cram their name in clumsily after crossing out landlord's name! What nerve!

Bro just texted me that it'll be a while before he gets here cause he's getting cat food for me and said there was a long line at the checkout. When I pay him Thursday for the cat food, I'm going to add 10 dollars as hazardous duty pay for his waiting so long at the store.

Fed Billie and took her out. My back is hurting a lot from all the walking around I did inside to get her dinner ready. By the time we got outside, I had to lean on the cane for support which relieved the back pain a bit.

I noticed Billie being extra careful on the stairs when we go down. I usually put her leash in my right hand, hold the railing with my left hand, and she'd follow me down, slowly, on the right side of me and behind me. Tonight I had the leash in my left hand, which would mean she'd go down in front of me. She went down the safe way and I'm tickled pink that she figured that out and now applies it in situations where it's warranted. What a smart girl Billie. I'm going to give you some Fruitables treats. They are very small so can give her several and not worry about gaining weight since they're only 8 calories each.

She automatically sits when I get the treats out. When she sits, she gets treats, so she just sits down as soon as she sees me getting the treats.

Bro's still not here. Must be a very long line. I feel bad for making him stand in line for so long.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:50 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Alpine - Nice work. It feels so good when we grow stronger & the temptation fades away.

Least - I hope it all works out. Unreal that a bank would cash a check with the original name crossed out. They should be liable for returning the money.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:13 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

I am losing my mind here.....now my hot water tank has died. And I cannot get my landlady. And that will be days to fix. Sigh.