Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Archives > The Best of SoberRecovery
Reload this Page >

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Whiners Anonymous Part 307 "We'll Whine Again" - Remembering Ann

Old 02-01-2022, 03:15 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

That is very strange that happened with that check. I mean what the heck??
I
Old 02-01-2022, 03:42 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hev, I don't know if my bank is going after the bank that cashed it or going after the person who cashed it, or both. I too think the bank that cashed it should be liable to return the money. Can't believe any teller worth his or salt would have cashed such a fraudulent looking check.

Bro came by after a long wait at the store and put my cat food into the metal bin its stored in. Metal so Billie can't chew it up like she chewed up the cat food totes and the plastic can for Billie's food. She chews like she's a pup who's teething.

I read a quote recently by Anne Morrow Lindbergh. It goes like this - Only love can be divided endlessly and still not be diminished. I look at it like this: I can give Billie all my love. I can give Lily all my love. I can give Franny all my love. And none of them get less love than the others. I love that concept of endless love. It goes beyond death, after which the person you love is carried in your heart all the time. I miss you Ann.

Suze, sorry about the water heater giving up the ghost. That's the PITA with landlords. If you have an emergency and can't reach them, who do you call?
Old 02-01-2022, 03:48 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Ghostbusters?
Old 02-01-2022, 03:48 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Re:thermostats. We had a programmable one installed that I never liked and we didn’t really need. Last time the furnace technician came, I asked him to switch it out for a non programmable one. Much, much better.
Not all technology is good technology.
Venus, it never rains but it pours. Hopefully, you have enough hot water to get you through til it’s fixed.
Least, WTH? Someone actually cashed a clearly doctored check? That is terrible!
Pondy, my brother and sil have been caring for their not yet 4 year old granddaughter a few times a week since Covid hit and day care closed down.
So parents can work.
She is the absolute light of their lives, and a smart, talkative small person. I DO NOT want to be in town the day she starts kindergarten. There will be much wailing and tears.
From bro an sil, that is. The kid will be fine.
Old 02-01-2022, 03:49 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I have no hot water Maud love.....but I have a kettle. And a bucket. xx
Old 02-01-2022, 03:59 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

It does seem very strange that the bank would even cash a check like that, with the name marked out and new one written in. Glad it is getting resolved.

Venus, do you think it may just be the breaker?

Least, most dogs we have had did fine going up the stairs, but looked very awkward going back down.

Alpine, great that you weren't tempted by the store.

Hevyn, grilled cheese with peperoni. Was looking at some work with a buddy yesterday and he wanted to hit a sandwich shop at lunch time. I couldn't decide as they had so many sandwich options, so the lady recommended something. It was very good, with an assortment of meats and cheese, but I'm certain it was not on the healthy eating plan.

For a while I was totally addicted to offshore fishing in the Gulf of Mexico, going out mostly for grouper, snapper, kingfish, and sharks. Any more, I mostly just go to a couple of the local lakes and catch panfish. So many times, I would choose to stay at a marina to facilitate the drinking, and would then proceed to drink myself into a massive 3-day hangover. It's actually possible to go to work the day after a fishing trip now.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Breaker checked first thing dear CB. The tank has died.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:09 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Leaving a small child somewhere new is so hard. So often times, they seem terribly distraught. Most of the time they are playing with the other kids within two seconds of the parent(s) leaving, but not always.
Old 02-01-2022, 04:58 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

Oh Suze, that's not good at all. Hopefully you can get an emergency plumber tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:16 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

When the repair guy came a couple years ago to 'fix' the water heater, he said it wasn't worth fixing cause it was pretty old. The guy told the landlord and he said, put in a new one. I hope you get a new one tomorrow.

Watching Billie sleep and she felt me looking at her and raised her head to look at me. That's true love.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:22 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I hope you get the hot water stuff fixed Suze.
Here, 2 days ago it was 40C. Today, it is 22C, on 22/2/22.
Fight/flight physical symptoms continue. Psychia is making slow, conservative med changes..which'll take weeks to take effect. I do the breathing , walking, diet,water,journal etcetc stuff....but to little noticeable effect....but I won't stop doing them. Art studies start in 2w, which will help....I may have to reduce the study load if fight/flight doesn't lessen...ugh...first world problem.
Old 02-01-2022, 05:28 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Nah, that isn't first world stuff dear PJ. s
That is super-important. ❤️

What is your schedule for school starting up shortly....how many hours per week? How many subjects? xxxxx
Old 02-01-2022, 05:49 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Cityboy - Food is supposed to be tasty, right? I'm sure lunch was yummy.

Suze - What an inconvenience. Hope it's resolved quickly. Excellent whine though.

Least - Does anyone else live with your landlord? Maybe it wasn't just some random person who took it.

PJ - I'm hoping for you one day to have lasting peace of mind. I'm always glad when you post.
Old 02-01-2022, 07:23 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

^^^ Hev, no it's just the landlord and his evil wife, Cruella de Val. I still can't believe any 'bank' would cash a check that was so obviously tampered with. I mean, they scratched out my landlord's name and crammed their own name in the space left.

Took Billie out and she finally peed after much barking and sniffing.

Our storm is supposed to start tomorrow night, I think. I'm not ready for it. I mean, I have adequate food, both human and critter, but do not want to have to stay in the house for two or three days.

PJ,not first world problems - your problems, and they matter to you and to us.
Old 02-01-2022, 08:34 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least very remiss of the bank. Glad they’re sorting your money out though, which goes without saying really that they should. They’ve got the name of who cashed the cheque so seems their fraud department can find this person and given the punishment for the crime. Bank transfer sounds a much safer way to go. Sorry you had to deal with this.

Suze I hope your hot water system is soon fixed/replaced. Thank goodness you’ve your kettle!

A bit of a long Whiiine.
We got to mum-in-laws late morning yesterday as Mr. Mags had an unexpected meeting with the council. I rang her and ler her know but she didn’t write it down so it was forgotten. Anyways she’d walked round to her friend’s house to arrange an eye test appointment for them both. We went round had a cuppa and went home when mil was ready.
When we got back to MIL’s, she had dinner then was I found her sobbing on her bed. She told me she’d be fine.
Later she said for us to go that she wanted to be on her own. So we left after making sure her meds were there for the evening and everything was locked up.
Later she rang like everything was ok and said come over after the cleaners had been. I think her friend had said things that upset her. She tends to tell mil over and over that she has dementia like her friend’s sister (who is very ill with it ). Sigh. Her friend is a manipulative, controlling person. She has tried controlling us but it’s stamped (metaphorically) on with Mr. Mags.
When mil was in bed with her vertigo she said don’t let her friend come and see her. Sigh.

Love to all my whiny friends. xxxx
Old 02-01-2022, 09:32 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Is mil doing worse or just that her 'friend' upsets her? Is her friend able to understand telling her not to visit and upset mil anymore?

Been reading thru my dream thread. Some really strange dreams I've had.

Intro, wanted to ask you. Has the Zoloft given you strange dreams? It does me.

This gabapentin is making me very dizzy and unsteady on my feet. Going to bed seems like a good idea.

Nighty night whiners.
Old 02-01-2022, 10:28 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least, I can see mil is deteriorating with the Alzheimer’s. Mil will tell us not to have her friend round sometimes then other times she’s going out with her. I think she’s down because she’s been poorly and she doesn’t like it.

I have weird dreams too Least. Mr. Mags used to joke (I think) about not telling anyone them or they’d lock me away.

Night night Least and Billie. Hope your dreams are nice ones. Take care with the gabapentin, they’re stronger than you think.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:19 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

My loving, very dysfunctional, deceased mum, went and got a Bachelor of Arts degree in her early 60's....knowing she had early onset Alzheimer's. That took guts.
My journey in my BA is very much about neuroplasticity, recovery and learning. Not the qualification, I have enough of them.
I am enrolled in a 2nd year Drawing subject. 0900-1700, a complete, full day. Which for me is very titing. I may defer or take on a 'hal day' subject if the fight/flight/anxiety stuff doesn't lessen with med changes.
Because I am on disability, for a myriad on physical an mental health issues, I have to adhere to the Gov't '12 hour rule'. The bureaucratic thinking is if a person on disability can study, volunteer or whatever for more than 12h a week, they can work and not be on a pension.
I am screwed because of the 3.5h/week homework expected for a BIG subject, like Drawing, I need to do 2-4 times more hour because of cognitive dysfunction with organised text, numbers, lines, with depth, proportion and perspective. Which is partly why I chose art-it is hard and I have to work. It is a living metaphor for my recovery. It is why I value it so much.
I done 2.5 hours careful sitting on a crate weeding, pruning of my back garden. Even with glove I drew blood a bit. First time since COVID hit my little state.
AND that was exactly 2 years go. Today is 22-2-22. AND the very pleased with tjhemselves weather people posted it was 22C at the time 2.22pm.
What does this signify?
Nuthin.
I feel better for being productive, but I discovered last week doing 4h in 2 sessions, mostly treadmill at 4k, exercise don't help reduce anxiety...which sucks.
Life goes on tho, and I have to 'do', to live a life, not just survive it.
Stupid updates for software, going to take time...tried to upload one of my original, not Art School abstracts.....nope.

HA! I put the photo on FB, then dragged the FB copy onto S, and it work-ed!
Take that! That'll learn 'em!
I have no idea whether 'that' will be taken, or if it will learn them.
Old 02-01-2022, 11:20 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

...dragged it to SR...
Old 02-02-2022, 12:44 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:7760827
7760827[/url]]Is mil doing worse or just that her 'friend' upsets her? Is her friend able to understand telling her not to visit and upset mil anymore?

Been reading thru my dream thread. Some really strange dreams I've had.

Intro, wanted to ask you. Has the Zoloft given you strange dreams? It does me.

This gabapentin is making me very dizzy and unsteady on my feet. Going to bed seems like a good idea.

Nighty night whiners.
Well, it did the first few days but no weird dreams since.