Notices

Please offer some advice.

Old 09-07-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

There is a site called Doctor On Demand. They do have mental health treatments . Telehealth is becoming more and more common, this may really help you.
Old 09-07-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

I used to work for the school department and knew some city workers and never heard of phone counseling here. I know some other people who could also use phone counseling. I'm gonna look into that more.

I'm still feeling weak and just don't feel well. When I try to do too much I feel nausea and more weak. I can't really walk too much and I'm afraid to walk too far from the door in case I can't make it back. I don't know if this is all physical or is also mental related. I believe it is a physical problem.

I'll look up Doctor on Demand and Tele-health. I couldn't possibly pay much for any kind of online or phone counseling.

I sold the truck for much less than I wanted but I needed the money. I sold it to a local dealer so I didn't have to worry about a plate for a test drive.

I've been trying to find a fridge and get delivery tomorrow. The soonest delivery I can get for a fridge I want is Thursday. That means another week without a fridge. I can't believe I can't get one delivered sooner.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Frustrating I know, but it's common nowadays for appliances and materials to take a few days to get delivered. Maybe try Amazon Prime? I don't know if they sell appliances or not.

I'm glad to hear you sold the truck, one less thing to think about for now. How about making those doctor calls today? If you are feeling that weak it would really be a good idea to reach out for help.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:49 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

I wanted to order the fridge from Amazon but it is out of stock. I could have had it Monday. I ordered it from Sears and it will be delivered Thursday.

I know I'm just putting off the inevitable but I can't force myself to call anyone. I read about Doctor on Demand and the cost is $40.00 each time you talk to someone. They also don't accept Medicare, that's been an issue any time I tried to get help.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:05 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You might keep checking around and make a few calls, I found that when I needed counseling several options offered sliding scale fees, they charged based on what I could afford at that time, one organization even accepted a donation.
Old 09-13-2018, 10:47 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hey Davey, did your new fridge arrive on Thursday?

I have to say, getting a new appliance is always nice.

How are you doing now are you feeling any better?
Old 09-14-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

I haven't been able to find any low cost mental health treatment in the past but I will devote some time again to finding something.

The fridge came and they plugged it in and switched which way the door opens. I was actually excited at getting a new fridge and eating again. They left and two hours later the fridge is at 76 degrees, four hours later it is still at 76 degrees. Anyways It doesn't work and they will deliver a new one Monday. Things like this always happen to me and that is a reason I get so down.

I'm very drained both mentally and physically. I'm still short of breath. I'm getting tired of Chinese food and pizza but that's all I know of that delivers. And it is crazy spending all this money eating out. I need a fridge. I'm also very frustrated and angry about the fridge. It is very difficult to be without a fridge for close to three weeks.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

It's a hurdle for sure but I know you'll get through it and you're not responsible for that fridge not working. Unfortunately defects are acceptable nowadays, we all deserve a quality product for our money.

I'm getting tired of fast food too while our home is being remodeled, I want to cook and eat healthy again. There's a light at the end of the tunnel and hope, always!
Old 09-15-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Completely understand, I think it took about a week or week and a half to get my new fridge when the other one stopped working and it was so inconvenient. I did have one of those teeny fridges though so at least could have cold drinks and a few bits and pieces in there.

For your anxiety, do you do any deep breathing exercises, meditation, that kind of thing at all?

I'm sure you've researched it but deep breathing might be really beneficial for you and it does work for relaxation and calming I've found.

You know what you said about the fridge not working "Things like this always happen to me and that is a reason I get so down", I've noticed that when something negative happens to some people they see it as a string of "things" rather than individual things happening.

I'm not even sure why that is or what effect it has. Not saying you should or shouldn't think in any particular way, just saying that when those negative thoughts pop up it's good to counter them.

While at the moment thinking - It's just a glitch, it will get fixed - and move on - will not feel very empowering or good - might even feel false, it's actually the truth.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

They delivered the fridge Monday and it works good. The fridge is nice but I can tell how much cheaper they are made now. I did a food order and bought all the usual things I've been eating. I thought I was tired of pizza and Chinese but I think I just don't have much appetite.

I have done deep breathing exercises, I listened to subliminal relaxation tapes, and I used to do breathing exercises and tensing and relaxing the whole body. I tried meditation and we even practiced meditation in karate but I never got much from it.

I have always tried to counter negative thoughts and just all negative things. And that worked for me for many years but it doesn't work for me now. I just have some huge issues that can't be easily solved.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:35 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Yeah I can understand that. Well you are working toward getting some kind of help so that's a plus.

So glad the fridge finally arrived all safe and sound (and working!).

Do you find you are feeling any better at all, do you find your breathing etc is better some times than others? Just wondering if you see a connection with anxiety levels at all.

So what else have you been doing to move forward? You mentioned a week or two ago about tackling some of the wine cases, are you continuing with that?

What do you do for fun if anything? I know you don't have tv and watch DVDs. Now that you have a bit of money have you considered getting cable? Perhaps there is a small tv package you can get? TV can be calming (I don't suggest watching the news lol). It can be a good connection to the outside world and can lift your spirits. It would be great if you could get a small tv package that included the food channel for instance, watching it will probably make you hungry but more importantly it's an interest you have.

Barring that maybe you could get a Netflix subscription?
Old 09-23-2018, 07:34 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Sometimes I feel better than others. The difficulty breathing is I think made worse by anxiety. I'm not able to get my mind off my breathing and I think that does make it worse. Shortness of breath has always been a part of my anxiety. So I'm very sure there is a connection.

Over the past several weeks I have gotten rid of a lot of clutter. The living room and kitchen are now very clean. I did clean the bathroom too. The wine boxes are in the spare room and I have only gotten rid of maybe about fifty of them.

I don't do anything at all other than watching TV and playing chess online. I think I owe cable a few bucks, maybe about a hundred. But I could get cable if I wanted to. I think it would cost about eighty dollars a month with Internet I'm guessing. I don't want to spend that much on cable but maybe I'll call them Monday and see what I owe and how much a month. I don't have internet either I only have my phone. I do have a Mac laptop that is good but needs a charger. It actually would be good to watch some recent TV once in awhile. I used to watch the food channel and that show with the guy that would eat the huge meals, his name was Adam I think, and the show was Man Versus food. I did have Netflix at one time but I'd rather have the variety of cable.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

TV occupies my mind once in awhile, but I find it much healthier and emotionally uplifting to be outdoors and with other people, family or fellowship. I spent the weekend with my daughter, we did a volunteer project with AZ Game & Fish, it was a really nice weekend.

You're making great progress on the cleaning, I'm happy to hear that.
Old 09-24-2018, 04:14 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

yes i have made it through another panic attack just now i have schizoaffective bipolar disorder alcoholism and addict three weeks of benzos after over five years on em is very hard but ill make it your a very strong person 17 mental hospitals but i live with my Beloved Mother and Beloved Father otherwise I'd be on the streets dead
Old 09-26-2018, 09:26 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Agree, if it's in the budget cable is superior. As Astro mentioned, all that cleaning you have done is again a huge step forward, I hope you give yourself credit for that.

Entertainment can at least lift your spirits from time to time, so I hope you do that.

Are you any closer to getting outside help do you think or is that still not something you want to do right now?
Old 09-27-2018, 01:43 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

I agree it is good and better to be outside with other people it's just that I have no one. I try to do things with my son but he doesn't want to be bothered with me. I helped him with his truck a few times and always tell him I'll help him.

I have no one to do things with. I been four months since my last drink. I thought I might possibly be better than I am now but the loss of my fridge was a huge setback. I have been making pizzas and chocolate chip cookies. I tried to eat more but couldn't because of nausea. I'm also getting very fatigued from standing for just a few minutes.

I haven't been able to get much sleep at all. I'm just lying here again for hours. I have always had difficulty sleeping but it hasn't been anything like this.

I am going to need outside help eventually. I can't even describe the extreme amount of anxiety this causes. I'm just not any better now than I was four months ago. I have told my son and he has no interest in talking about anything except his trucks.
Old 09-27-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

When it comes to solid sleep I have been reminded lately that nothing helps me more than exercise or activity, staying away from sugar and caffeine late in the day, and I use lavender oil under my nose and in a diffuser. The trouble is I often fail to do those things, so I spend the night awake or restless.
Old 09-27-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

I've been lying here for twelve hour now and I'm very tired but not sleepy at all. I have tons of nervous energy but can't do hardly anything. I wish I could go for a walk and exercise. I never drink caffeine but I do eat fudgsicles and cookies.
Old 09-28-2018, 05:17 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The sugar can interrupt sleep for sure, if I eat ice cream before bed it makes for a somewhat restless night.
Old 09-28-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

I think it would be good for you to even just go sit outside and enjoy some outside weather, breathe some fresh air.

I would access the department of aging in your area for resources. Tell them the truth, and see if they can point you in the direction of some assistance. When I could not afford counseling I also went to a local place that had a sliding scale. They also had interns who were finishing their degrees you could see for $5. The division of aging should be able to point you in the direction of local resources!

Also, do you take any vitamins, specifically vit D? Low vitamin D can cause all sorts of negative reactions, and if you don't go outside or supplement yours may be very low. Please take a good vitamin and supplement your D and B12! Just a thought!