Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4

Notices

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4

Old 04-01-2023, 10:01 AM
  # 461 (permalink)  

adair, thank you for your helpful post about your experiences and things that work.
Old 04-03-2023, 10:34 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Betty

I hope that you are feeling better. We all know that you are a warrior! Your sharing has helped me through some extremely difficult waves. I am having rapid waves that may last a day, or a few days. I then feel good for a day or two. Some days are extremely aberrant with good and bad in the same day...We will make it through!!! Thank you for everything that you have done for us!!!
Old 04-05-2023, 08:31 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hello Warriors! 15 months Sober

Hello!!
15 months sober for me and almost 4 months on Lexapro. For 4 months i forgot what PAWS is ,until last Sunday😀😀😀😀. For these 4 months i made a lot of things, so productive etc. I had some bad days , but they don't lasted more than a 1-2 days!! Until Last Sunday , maybe is because PAWS, maybe bacause Lexapro. We just need to keep up!
I wish everybody all good and smooth recovery!!
Old 04-05-2023, 09:58 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Thanks, Rothman! I came out of the wave and had a couple of really amazing days - like really feeling completely normal and not depressed, no anxiety, no depersonalization. Now this morning it's crept back in - - I wonder if my brain is doing it's like last few rounds of tinkering since I am so close to the end.

Asix - glad to hear that ADs are helping you! 15 months is amazing work, and this is just a wave, it will pass :-D
Old 04-05-2023, 12:05 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Thanks BettyP!!

I thought that you are perfect. How long is for you with PaWS.
Old 04-05-2023, 12:21 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  

95 days sober , i can literally count anxiety free days on the fingers of one hand , reading your posts is what keeps me going , because every day i think how it's always going to be like this.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:13 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LazaB View Post
95 days sober , i can literally count anxiety free days on the fingers of one hand , reading your posts is what keeps me going , because every day i think how it's always going to be like this.
For 15 months sober the most repeated word from me is ... Anxiety. Second word is maybe Depression. Keep it up! Second year is very discouraging for me , because i think that this will never end

Old 04-05-2023, 01:17 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Asix9 View Post
For 15 months sober the most repeated word from me is ... Anxiety. Second word is maybe Depression. Keep it up! Second year is very discouraging for me , because i think that this will never end
I don't have depression at all , buy anxiety is so high i can barely function in my own home sometimes , did you feel any improvements in those 15 months ?
Old 04-05-2023, 01:25 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  

I don't have depression at all , buy anxiety is so high i can barely function in my own home sometimes , did you feel any improvements in those 15 months ?
For sure! First you know when the wave will hit. When you have good days, they are better good days than before. Improvements in sleeping, concentration, eating. After the 1 year i began with Lexapro. I can say that for 3 months i forgot what was PaWS, but from the last 5,6 days again Anxiety and Depression . Maybe is because from the spring in the Balkan (Europe)😀😀 where i come from.
Old 04-05-2023, 01:31 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Asix9 View Post
For sure! First you know when the wave will hit. When you have good days, they are better good days than before. Improvements in sleeping, concentration, eating. After the 1 year i began with Lexapro. I can say that for 3 months i forgot what was PaWS, but from the last 5,6 days again Anxiety and Depression . Maybe is because from the spring in the Balkan (Europe)😀😀 where i come from.
I also live in Balkan ( Serbia , Belgrade ) , so in the first year you didn't take any medication and you noticed big improvements ?
Old 04-05-2023, 01:34 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

I also live in Balkan ( Serbia , Belgrade ) , so in the first year you didn't take any medication and you noticed big improvements ?
For sure! Just push forward! Pozdrav iz Varna , Bugarska!
Old 04-05-2023, 01:40 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Thank you. Pozdrav i za tebe iz Srbije
Old 04-05-2023, 02:38 PM
  # 473 (permalink)  

LazaB

Hang in there!!! It will get better time is on our side!
Old 04-05-2023, 02:45 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rothmaninc View Post
Hang in there!!! It will get better time is on our side!
Thank you , i hope so.
Old 04-07-2023, 09:01 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Have any of you gone through PAWS from months 7-10 feeling most good with the occasional bad day, but then encountered a wave which lasted several weeks with only a few good days mixed in. I had many good days, even weeks between months 7-10. When I hit month 11, I had agitated feelings almost every day, accompanied by ruminated thoughts, sometimes with a negative connotation, for no apparent reason. These negative thoughts are sometimes totally illogical. I am confused because prior to month 11 my lows were higher, my highs were about the same, and my good days far outweighed the bad. This last wave has been 90% bad, any info, or similar experiences is greatly appreciated The agitation is NOT as bad as it was in the early stages of my PAWS, but it has been challenging.
Old 04-09-2023, 12:27 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone!
Old 04-09-2023, 12:47 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  

^ Happy Easter to you too, rothmaninc. Hope things are going well for you.
Old 04-10-2023, 03:31 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Apparently i haven’t learned my lesson.
Old 04-10-2023, 04:31 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Apparently i haven’t learned my lesson.
Get back at it.

Make today your Day 1, Introvrtd1. The longer you stay back in the bottle the harder it's going to be.
Old 04-10-2023, 10:46 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

For someone who accumulates a good bit of sober time before slipping like you have Introvrtd1, there is a bit of a buffer before the beast that is PAWS fully awakens from its slumber and begins rampaging far and wide wreaking damage everywhere all at once. But the day is coming when you'll once again be at the bottom of the deep pit of despair that PAWS brings. You slipped - it happens - but the trick is to pull out of it as soon as possible to minimize the fallout.

You've been here before. You know how this plays out. Life sober is full of challenges, but those challenges can be dealt with in a way that out-of-its-cell PAWS cannot.