Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4

Notices

For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 4

Old 04-29-2023, 09:14 AM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Introvrtd1. It's good to see you posting again.

This whole sobriety thing is never a one and done deal. It's a life-altering circumstance and the terms of the battles we wage against it are ever shifting, ever changing. Though there may be setbacks and hiccoughs along the way, as long as the will to fight never dries up, the war is never truly lost.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:47 AM
  # 502 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Thanks…

As of today i’m on day 5….again….

It was days shy of two years sober when I deliberately decided I wanna take that drink….i got bored….then as all of you know…the drink took me…

So after a rough few months….I’ve decided again….after being back on the withdrawal cycle….time to quit….again….

thanks for the support. At this point i’m just in reflection on how i’m continuing forward.

Whelp.

Been there. No one gave me any trophies for it and the only one I hurt was myself. If there's anything I'm good at, it's taking myself waaaaay too seriously and thereby causing all means of drama that I don't need.

I'm glad you made it back and told the tale, many people don't and end up dead. Thanks for letting us know you're okay.

I took it as a very painful lesson learned when I did the same thing. I'm now in Sobriety 2.0 and past nine years sober this time, I'm pretty sure I'm not going back! I hope you also make that decision.

Stick with us, Introvrted. Stick with us.
Old 04-29-2023, 10:53 AM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Man I miss the Thanks button!!!

Good to see you back Intro! Be strong. We are here for you.

Old 04-29-2023, 12:50 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

thank you all…
Old 04-29-2023, 03:48 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  
Administrator

New thread time:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-5-a.html (For those tortured by PAWS (Post Acute Withdrawal Symptoms) and who fear they might go mad Part 5)

D