Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Notices

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Old 06-21-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I've always wondered how people "think" my name. Trach as in track? Trach as in trake? Makes you wonder.
I always think it as "chuckleshead" and in "chuck ells head" -that right, right?

Looking forward to getting postal, Sleepies.

Really glad we all make it through, cuz was little bit .... yes?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
download.jpeg (4.6 KB, 253 views)
Old 06-21-2016, 06:33 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

yes
Old 06-21-2016, 06:47 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I've always wondered how people "think" my name. Trach as in track? Trach as in trake? Makes you wonder.
You'll always be Turtle to me, dear Trach.

Love from Lenina
Old 06-21-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  

I always just saw it as "Trach".

But I have a mental pic of you in my head Trach and not for most. Dunno why.
Old 06-21-2016, 08:29 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Today I didn't lose my temper in 2 separate meetings where I was being driven up the wall with incompetence and blathering.

I also am rolling with the punches on my potential date with a guy, was supposed to be tonight but its being rescheduled and in flux ....working really hard not to overthink it and get too anxious about it....hard stuff for me

Glad to see you had a good sober day cow, despite not working, you made it through
Old 06-21-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  

I need in. I have dropped all my balls. I'm failing at adulting and life-ing in general.

Just... ugh.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

All of us jugglers drop the balls sometimes. Pick 'em up and start again.
Old 06-22-2016, 04:50 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

At least we have balls
Old 06-22-2016, 05:40 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
p***enger

posting this just because it has cows in it.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:13 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
At least we have balls
Excuse me?

Lol
Old 06-22-2016, 08:28 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Another solid workout in the books. I'm going to try and squeeze another one in on Friday before we leave in the afternoon for a weekend trip. I'm not sure about running tomorrow, but will try to do something.

Nutrition has been focused, but despite my efforts will take a hit this weekend. More on that later.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:35 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  
zjw

ran almost 8 miles today slow tho i worked on my form and i'm feeling a litle sick some kinda sunus bug. My injury pains are subsiding I think i maybe figured out what i was doing to cause my troubles ::fingers crossed:: If i figured it out this is gonna be great i hope.

I"m almost out of fruit I gotta hit the distributer tonight. but had about 12 bananas and 5 mangos so far then a bowl of quinio and lentils.

tonight I got bagpipe practice yep learning to play it. always wanted too learn I figured why keep putting it off why keep making excuses why ic ant? so a couple months ago i found an instructor and started taking lessons with my duaghter. I can honk ou ta few songs already and i'm working on some others on the side for fun as the teacher keeps giving me new ones he wants me to learn for th eband etc...

Sometimes we just gonna say yes to things instead of making excuses as to why we gotta put it off as usual. Another thing I always wanted to learn was how to tap dance lol maybe that'll be the next momentary lapse of sanity choice i make lol. Tho I think it'll be the native american flute next after this bag pipe thing.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

That's so cool zjw. Wow already playing songs! How does your daughter like it? I wouldn't even know where to buy bagpipes, that is definitely not an instrument you see around.

Do you ever get tired of eating the same few things all the time? And do you ever go out to eat? We have a few vegan restaurants here where I am. They do rely on a lot of the processed soy protein for stuff, but one of the places has really great food.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:50 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  

ZJW, 8 miles is no joke and I applaud your focus on form and as someone who exercises almost every day I know from experience that doing so minimizes the possibility of injury. Are your training for a race?

Cool stuff with all your musical aspirations and even cooler that you're taking lessons with your daughter.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:12 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
zjw

lol 8 miles is a piece of cake for me but the past 6 months i've changed my form and battled injuries so 8 miles these days is an achievemnet I hope to be back to my 12-15 mile a day runs soon. I"m not training for a race. I just run to run. the idea of a race gives me anxiety and such and i'm not a morning person. I just like to get out there get lost in my head enjoy the scenery etc...

Sleepie i'll probably have to order the actual instrument online when the time comes they start you off on a practice chanter tho and well you will practice on that till your good enou;gh for a bag. The bag pipe chanter is like blowing into an airhorn its so loud lol I woudlnt wanna practice on that.

ya know no i oddly dont get tired of eating the same stuff. strange i know. But i've heard it said we crave what we eat. If i ate mcdonalds i'd crave it and i know i used too lol. I go through phases bananas potatos rice and lentisl are like staples but depending on my wallet and whats ripe and avaliable i'll plow mangos pineapples watermelons etc.. I also eat lots of salad greens spinach tomatos portobello mushrooms etc.. But i wont lie there are times where its like rice beans and bananas for a week straight and theni 'm like Ok i need something diff. But diff for me is liek woohooo i got a coupel awesome watermlones i'll eat those today (yes 1 or 2 watermelons in a day is pretty simple).

We have no vegan places near me. going out can be interesting. If i go to say cracker barrel i plow sweet potatos with brown sugar (no butter or nothign) and sometimes there ruset pototos. For fast food I"ll hit wendies and grab plain baked potoatos and eat them like a taco lol. I also might just pop into a grocery store and grab a large bag of grapes and thats my meal. Or half a gallon or just orange juice if i'm really desperate for calorioes or want some sugar tho i dont noramlly ahve to go to this option.

i eat about 4-6000 calories a day to give you an idea just how much i eat.

My biggest complain? that i cant just get good mangos all the time or that sometimes its a pain getting bananas at the perfect level of ripeness i want. I buy bananas in the 40lb box and will eat 40-80lbs of them a week. so produce rotation can be an artform at times lol tho its not too hard once ya get a system.

is it expensive to eat this wya? not at all. banans i pay about 6-12 bucks for a 40lb box and rice is cheap so are lentils and beans I get a 50lb bag of potatos for about 8 dollars.

I'll eat oatmeal and such too also cheap. I dunno i geuss i eat a lot of diff things now that i think about it.

but everythign i eat is low fat high carb vegan and it try really hard to eat nothing but whole foods tho i can be a sucker for plain white rice or plain noodles those are like my vices lol.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  

I went for a walk this morning it was at a slow pace but much needed.
Old 06-22-2016, 02:55 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

Wow zjw that's remarkable. I think you're gonna live to be 110 or so lol!

Well I walked around for maybe an hour with one stop, ok well 2. But still walked... I dunno.

How about you Cow, how are you faring today?
Old 06-22-2016, 03:15 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

ZJW, thanks for all that info. about your diet. `Regarding the running, until I was sidelined with medical issues for the past year, I would run between 2-3 marathons a year with a personal cheering committee of my family and 2 halfs with my wife and sometimes our daughter. Be it in training or race day there's always an issue of overcoming adversity at some point, but crossing the finish line was the drug that kept me coming back for more. Writing on an addiction website I can state that there are worse addictions to have. That written, I know exactly what you meant about the anxiety of an organized race. For the record, I'm not fast, have no expectation of winning even my age group, and in a big race like the NYC Marathon the winner is finishing in less than half the time I am. IOW, if there wasn't so much media hoopla he would have plenty of time to go back to his hotel, rest, shower, change into civilian clothes, have a roast beef sandwich, and still make it to the finish line to see me cross.

I also totally understand about "getting lost in my head" while running. When firing on all cylinders I lift weights 3 times a week and either cycle or run 3-4 times per week, but nothing other than running allows my mind to wander, think, and just plain enjoy my surroundings like running does.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:16 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I not can walk cuz is like 117 outside. Maybe I get on trampoline later, but I in phase of crashing without my stimulants, so I has be very gentle right now and not get into headspace of, "WTF?! I can barely get out of bed! How will I work?!" Etc. So I gotta be like, yes Cow, you nervous system not know what in hell going on right now. It okay, relax.

I did one good thing today, as I was leaving market, little kid run smack into me and look up at me terrified, so I summon ever ounce of fake energy I got to say all chipper like, "It's okay, sometime I invisible!" And his mama laugh and the urchin laugh. That about only gift I got for self or the world today, but is something.

PS. I super jealous of you runners. I always wish I could run. It look like freedom to me. (I not can run cuz I has lung deformity.)
Old 06-22-2016, 03:23 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Aw that is awesome Cow about the kid. LOL urchin. I wish I were so quick witted. But then I guess that is your well practiced line of work.

Cow I used to run back, way back when I was basically forced into athletics. It never felt like freedom. It felt like pain and hard to breathe and sweaty and uncomfortable and cannot wait til it's over.

But swimming... that's another story. Or biking. I mean these things, for pleasure feel quite free to me. Can you do either of these? Or float in the water even, on a floatie thingie?

117 degrees... oh, hell no.