SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/393088-cows-no-more-bullcrap-summer-shape-up-sick-sadsack-weaklings.html)

Cow 06-16-2016 03:36 PM

Cow's "No More Bullcrap" Summer Shape Up for Sick, Sadsack Weaklings

Well, I recent relapse AGAIN and was just chat with Sleepies about how if I lay about yet ANOTHER summer and just get lazier, and more bored, and navel gaze on my depressions/health issues, and pack on some more fatty marbling --then I never gonna make it through sober, maybe not make it through, period.

So, I starting this thread for all those who is maybe a hella mess, but want to start to make change. Nobody here gonna be running marathon or apply for American Ninja Warrior. But we can do just little bit of something, everyday. We must. It not has to be all about exercise. It can be nutrition or some other healthy/positive thing. Or maybe just get outside comfort zone tiny bit. Whatever it is.

Who with us?! And I think we must report every day. And also must call "bullcrap" when somebody go all eeyore and excuses ... ... which will probable be me. :)

Okay, so we begin now on 61616, which a cool number, with a little bit of devilry inside it, to symbolize the temptations to give up or give in.

sleepie 06-16-2016 03:47 PM

LOL also a cool numerical palindrome... I went out for a brief walk today and avoided staying in bed all day both yesterday and today. actually I have had a brief walk every day for several days but must take care in the heat.

courage2 06-16-2016 04:17 PM

Nice to see you, Cow. I ate a fig.

:wavey:

Hope2014 06-16-2016 04:19 PM

I'm in! I'm tired of being a hot mess.

sleepie 06-16-2016 04:37 PM

Are you cautious of figs courage? Is this out of your comfort zone?

Never made hot mess, only achieved regular mess. I was good though.

I am researching exercises online and opened the blinds so as to let in some *shudder* light.

But it is overcast, let's not get crazy.

zjw 06-16-2016 05:28 PM

Excercise is a pain when I first started it I went for a walk / leisurely stroll for just 30 min a day and if I didn't wanna go I'd at least give it 5 minutes if I still didn't wanna I'd just go home. If I made it hard or difficult I woulda given up all I had to do was make it habit. Feeling good and clearing my head helped weight loss was more or less a side affect tho a nice one it ended up not being the main focus.

So yea I agree each day some point do at least a little something good for you. Some times if we dunno what to do but just head in a direction we can get some momentum I always figure going sideways even beats going backwards. IE just keep throwing stuff at the wall some of it will hopefully stick.

Lenina 06-16-2016 05:33 PM

Taking a shower or a nice bath would be good as a baptism into the phase. I had a nice soak in Epsom with lavender. Reborn determined to live.

I must lose big weight. I can no longer make excuses about bad thyroid and missing hormones. It's down to stuffing my face rather than deal.

So let us have a plan. I rubbed magnesium oil on my underarms so the magnesium may get into my blood and do its work.

Love from Lenina who has made this the official Cow thread by virtue of clean living

trachemys 06-16-2016 05:42 PM

Fine, make your start on my birthday. I'll be able to keep trach of you that way.

Acheleus 06-16-2016 06:20 PM

I'm all in and ready to exercise again. Walking and running. I also need to eat better.

Cow 06-16-2016 07:08 PM

Hello everybody, and especial welcome to new bodies.

Today I go see my healer/massage lady. I did take shower when I get home, but, no, hold on, take a seat, Miss Lenina! Was not for cleansing! I just always do that cuz I allergic to any lotions and potions and has to wash them off right away. Nonetheless, I has been cleansed, so please sleep soundly tonight knowing they is a clean cow out there in the world.

Now I drinking some kefir, which is probiotic beverage, and then I gonna get on trampoline for at least 3 songs.

Oh, I weigh self: 154. I feel better, cooler, and would be less stress on my musculoskeletal deformity if I lose 20, which also get me back into my clothes. So, hopeful we make some progress there.

Delfin 06-16-2016 07:29 PM

Happy Birthday Trache! Mine was last week-hooray for Geminis!

Ok, I'm in. I'm around the same weight as you, Cow, and should weigh 15-20 lbs less (and used to weigh that most of my life until my drinking went off the rails and I gained 20lbs in less than 2 years). I'm also going to dip my toes into the dating pool again. I'm not sure which of the two is going to be more painful...Please cheer me on people.:)

D.

sleepie 06-16-2016 07:37 PM

Same weight as you gals :)

Well I don;t wanna focus in the weight thing cause it will really kick off ocd's and I got a lot of that today for other stuff. Does watching a laugh inducing show count for anything?

Delfin 06-16-2016 08:04 PM

What did you watch, Sleeps? I need to watch something laugh-inducing and stop watching the news. Maybe that's what I need to do too.

D.

kittycat3 06-16-2016 08:37 PM

Alright I'm in.
Today outside of my comfort zone, 2 things: networking -which means I introduced myself to someone new and talked to her for a bit, someone who is doing well at something I want to do well at.

And I accepted a date from someone who I had a crush on last year. I am nervous about getting a crush again since last time it didn't pan out and fizzled but he contacted me to catch up and I accepted, why not? It's just coffee, with a nice guy...;)

Happy bday trach!

Cow 06-16-2016 08:45 PM

Hi Little Kittycat, good luck on you date.

I guess humor show count, Sleepies ...unless you watching it for 3 days in row on "Bed Island!" My self, I watching this dog show and bawling through whole thing, but not cuz it sad, it just really touch the heart.

sleepie 06-16-2016 09:09 PM

Hi Delf :) I watched some "Peepshow" on Netflix, it's a British show about 2 neurotic, doofy bachelors.

No bed island. I actually spent the whole day out of the room and in the other room on the sofa, did not allow myself to lay down all day not once and also was productive-ish or something... I washed the dishes these last few days as well.

Now I know that does not sounds like anything but I have been seriously down for a long time, literally weeks spent in bed maybe months since my last crash and burn at the old job. Days go by and I do not leave the room even. And I got out and walked every day too...

Kinda sad but true, it was a goal today to 1) not sleep all day and 2) not lay down all day and 3) not stay in the room all day.

Oh hey bonus I got showered and was dressed all day long, no pj's.

trachemys 06-17-2016 02:31 AM

I woke up to send you a message: I love you

Lenina 06-17-2016 05:07 AM

I loved "Peep Show". Today I'm going to eat more healthfully. I have a few more hours to rest before my 20 day begins.

Cow, can you use magnesium oil? Ask your massage therapist. It's supposed to have many good effects, including to help regulate the heartbeat and relaxing muscle tension. I'm told most people are magnesium deficient, taking magnesium orally can cause unpleasant side effects of diarrhea. Rubbing it into the skin is the best absorption. And the oil is smoothing to the skin too. Epsom salts in the bath water is well-known for soothing. Twenty minute soak does it.

I have a vacation starting next week. Sort of a " bus man's holiday" as I will be traveling. Looking forward to seeing the people but not the hot, humid, changeable weather. Also too action packed.

Everyone have a good day, love from Lenina

zjw 06-17-2016 07:18 AM

i find too much epsom salts or magnesium can leave me feeling a bit too relaxed and lazy. dont get me wrong my anxiety loves it but my drive to be energetic and such hates it. so its a tough balance to get in my case.

good news for those of us who have tons of weight to loose the heavier you are the faster it typically comes off :) i was 100+lbs over weight in the begining it was great first few months or so it came off fast. Now I of course didnt think this at the time becuase Ilike anyone else figured one good day of dieting should mean 100lb weight loss over night right? DUH of course it should so it still seemed like an eternity at the time. It hindsite those where the good days.

but for those of us with 20lbs to loose or something ugg we are in for it those last 20 can be killer to loose!!! *sigh* in my case once i hit that point and i'm probably still at that point it became more about healthy habits and feeling good and excercising because its good for me and so on vs it being all about weight loss.

its another one of those its more about the jouney then the desination kinda things. destination almost doesnt even matter. the days journey and the path immediately in front of us is more important the old 1 day at a time stay present worry about this moment kinda thing comes to mind.

Bobbieka 06-17-2016 07:27 AM

I'm in. Started running again last week after a 7 month hiatus. Are we just posting here after we work out?