Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XVII: "Sober Wars"

Old 01-06-2016, 11:31 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Puffy!!!! Congratulations!! Thank God it's done and dusted :-D My view....take the pain killers, and hopefully they will make you feel GREAT. If they are oxy's of any kind they probably will, or tramadol probably will, or codeine probably will.....you get the picture :-) You deserve it!! Yay :-D

Cow - I love it. That was such a great line :-D
Old 01-07-2016, 12:09 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

(((((Puffy))))) what did your doctor suggest? Maybe give him a call in the morning to get an opinion. So glad you're home and the Cancer is on the run!

Love from Lenina
Old 01-07-2016, 12:10 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Thanks Shabs for responding. I really was on the fence but I am taking one... the pain is reaching a level that is a little hard to take at the moment.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:19 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Yes, no need to suffer like that. After my mother had her last major op the only gave her tylenol so we ended up getting something stronger from her G.P. These are the times when painkillers are a very good idea. Means you will get the rest you need too xxx
Old 01-07-2016, 04:26 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post

I put the One Ring on, it symbolize powerful addictive burden, and I only puts it on when I serious about getting this bitch to Mount Doom ...where I will not be total lame like Frodo and back out of throwing it into fires and destroying it once and for all! (...hopefully.)

There's a bevy of Gollums here to help if you don't.

I'm sharpening my incisors as we speak, so watch out. . .
Old 01-07-2016, 05:43 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Puffy, that is wonderful news -- what a great new year's gift to all of us who care for you. I am glad you decided to opt in favour of less pain -- like when I had my child and then spent the first week of her life teaching her "epideral" -- like guy whatever do this thing without something -- really (except maybe you Trachs).

Cow, lets kill this thing once and for all -- its like one of those sic-fi flicks were whenever you try and say the dragon and fail it comes back stronger, so the only option is full frontal till its truly dead and dusted.

Thinking of you all from rainy Belgium -- if one was not already depressed, this Belgian weather would do it for you...
Old 01-07-2016, 06:46 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Calling all 1616ers,

I had a "brain wave" as one of my clients used to like to say -- why don't we all read (or re-read) the art of war to help prepare us for the big battle. IMO, its a great book, and has a lot of application to our situation.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I say we fly back to the ship and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I say we fly back to the ship and nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Mostly. . .
Old 01-07-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
p***enger

Puffy, I'm so glad the surgery is over! On to a cancer-free rest-of-your-life!
Old 01-07-2016, 01:02 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

Can you make us some cool looking war mongering 1616 symbol?

XXX
Old 01-07-2016, 03:00 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Puffy
So glad for you.

Not up to much drawing

I got the job

I start at 7 a.m. it will be difficult
already fear the burnout

haven't eaten since tues. very sad
Old 01-07-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post

Major lol at this one ^^^^^ :-D

Congrats, Sleepie!!! I start my new one on Monday....we'll see how I handle it :-/ We can be 'new job' buddies :-)
Old 01-07-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations, sleepie! I'm glad the employer recognized a catch when he saw one.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:22 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Mostly. . .
heeheehee

Yay, puffy!

Yay, sleepie!

OK good news gods, get me that powerball win! CowNation needs a threefer!
Old 01-07-2016, 03:39 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... ... no look at me... ...

Congratulation and/or bummer you got the job, Sleepies. Sorry you sad. I actual cry in front of therapist today. That not something I do, but I not could keep up even my fake therapist face, which is not even that hard like fake society face, is just a fake deadpan face. Anyway, she give me a Wayne Dyer CD, which make me want to punches her in the face. I up and down on whether therapy worth a crap, but I figure it not can hurt.
Old 01-07-2016, 03:59 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

I need the money, so. I guess it will put something on my resume as well so in the future I can get a full timer that I hate... :/ Dunno, I know I'm supposed to be all ... happy? But I have just been here so, so many times. I have kind of given up, been on a real... thing? In bed for 3 days and not eating. Anything besides blank feeling is just crying. I think I am having a middle aged thing or something. Like the entire 1st half of my life has just worn me out, I don't know. I have done the chipper, bootstraps things so many times over I simply have nothing left and see very little

Sorry guys I know you all mean well and all I am very down ok so that's just how it is

Cow... sigh... life, I dunno
Old 01-07-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

sleepie, I know that feeling. My family talks me down from my solution to that feeling about every six months. My usual opening is: "I just want to throw a match in and walk away". Sometimes, it's: "The Appalachian trail is calling me. Do you want my sofa?" They talk me in, off the ledge and life goes on.

Truth be told, life is boring. Ever played golf? I played a lot. Playing golf well, like the pros, is boring as hell. Fairway, green, two putts. Fairway, green, two putts. Fairway, green, two putts. Bah! Much more exciting to hit a bad shot(never seen a ball do that before!) and have to make a miraculous recovery shot.

We all want the drama. It's part of our addictive personas. Life is bone-numbingly dull.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:41 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Sleepie,

I am so sad that you are feeling so down. I suspect getting the job is better than not, but its still just another thing you gotta do when you don't feel up to getting out of bed.

Sometimes for me the simple need to get out of bed to do something is important because like you my bed is my favourite place.

But the good news is that you and Shabs can share new job stories and hopefully get through it together.

Like Trachs said, we all need someone to talk us off the edge sometimes, and we are here for you any time, every time.

XXX
Old 01-07-2016, 04:45 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Cow,

Wayne Dryer, really, I think I would have hit her.

I am sorry you aren't in Belgium cause I have the best therapist whom I love to bits and cannot imagine not having her in my life.

Which I realise is not going to help you, just saying that I be grateful cause before her I saw so many waste of space folks that I cannot imagine even got out of counselling high school.

I think we should all use Shabs as our therapist, she is the bomb.

Wayne Dryer....