Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 42

Old 07-26-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  

(((Duff)))! Sending prayers!
Old 07-26-2015, 03:54 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Just got the worst news. Alcohol took a friend. Only a few years older than me. Dammit, Scott.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your loss Trach.

D
Old 07-26-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers out Duff.

D
Old 07-26-2015, 07:21 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Trach, sorry for your loss.

Duff, sending positive thoughts for the two boys.
Old 07-26-2015, 07:28 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers, well afternoon I guess. Trachy you are having a rough trot my friend, know that you really are doing well even if circumstances seem weird. Duff those boys are in my thoughts.

I precede this by saying I am fine. After having a lovely time with my friends yesterday I was on my way home when I hit a greasy patch on the road (4C and light rain just beginning) at 110kph, spun 360 degrees and crashed into the guard rail on the side of the road. Thank goodness I didn't hit anyone on a dual carriageway high speed road.

The kindness that people showed me was unbelievable. A few men and women stopped to make calls, make sure I wasn't injured, get the traffic moving. They wrapped me in blankets, secured my stuff. Two lovely African men were beyond sweet and when they left they said something nice in their language.

The coppers were superb as was the tow truck driver, my lovely "new" car is probably a write-off. Poor Mr Marcher drove two hours to fetch me from the police station (I was taken there to wait and be warm and dry), then two hours home. He was amazed at how calm and non-hysterical I was. Actually I didn't even cry except when I was standing in the cold afterwards with my nose and eyes running from the wind!

Through the whole thing I thanked God or something for my sobriety. It was an accident, nothing more, nothing less. I was driving slightly under the speed limit, it was a greasy road and it was simply, bad luck. In forty years of driving I've never had an accident other than in parking areas so I'm very fortunate. Because I am sober my health is good and I'm way way calmer than I used to be, a higher power blessed me with kind people who came along after the accident.

The best thing was when I got home all I wanted was a hot cup of tea and a slice of toast.

I'll find out today if the car is written off.

Take care of yourselves peeps.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:13 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Glad you're ok Marcher!!!!!! Sounds like Marchermobile and Buddtruck are related!
Old 07-27-2015, 12:15 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Duff, I hope the boys made it to safety. Every summer there are boating tragedies, we live across the water from the lifeboat station and I send a thought everytime I see one of the boats heading out.

Trachy, I am so sorry for your loss. This disease is relentless. I am just so glad that you found your way here and are fighting it's draw every step. We need you around for a few more decades yet love.

Marcher I am so glad that you survived your crash without a scrape.mcars can be replaced, people can't. I am also glad that you recognise that in your sobriety you are much stronger and more capable of coping than you ever were when actively drinking. You saw so many positives in what was a traumatic experience. That is an awesome attitude. Take it easy over the next few days in case of any delayed shock.

All is well in Tootsville, a random local holiday here, so a nice day off.mof course that means it's wet and windy all day, but then it's a good excuse for not spending the day doing the garden!!

Have a good week all xx
Old 07-27-2015, 02:42 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

I'm very sorry, Trach.

I will pray for a safe outcome for those boys, Duff. I hope it is as Toots says.

Marcher, I am so glad you're all right! What a shock about your new car! But how pleased I am that everybody was so helpful and kind to you--and that that nobody else was hurt. As you said, how utterly fortunate that you were sober!

And all of this when it's cold and wet--and you're two hours from home! I admire your tremendous composure throughout the ordeal!
Old 07-27-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
Glad you're ok Marcher!!!!!! Sounds like Marchermobile and Buddtruck are related!
Old 07-27-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Oh, Trach, I'm so very sorry. I hate this disease so much.

Marcher!! Thank God you are ok! And sober. I'm sorry about your new car but it's only a car - YOU are safe and that's what we care about (((hugs))).

Thank you for the thoughts & prayers, guys. These two boys are almost all I've been able to think about this weekend.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

I think it's time for for all Marchers.

Trach, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! We want you around for a very long time.

Marcher, so very sorry to hear about your accident. Scary, but relieved that you are ok! Lucky that you had such nice people helping. Poor Mr Marcher must have had a very long drive to get you.

Duff, any word?
Old 07-27-2015, 09:10 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Duff, any word?
Not yet, Sass! The Coast Guard just gave a press conference but nothing really to report. It's all anyone is talking about here -- I just can't stop thinking about them.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok Marcher

D
Old 07-27-2015, 07:59 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Sorry for your loss, Trachy.

Marcher - so proud of you for staying cool under pressure. It's amazing how we can handle difficult situations now that would have put us under if we were still drinking.
Old 07-27-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Oh Trachy, sorry for your loss. This disease really sucks.

Duff, prayers to your town...

Marcher, I'm so relieved you are ok! What a scare. So glad you saw the beauty of sobriety in all that. It is very liberating to know that in sobriety, your conscience is clear and an accident is just an accident . Oh I thought of you today... I had to buy some embroidery needles for a craft thing at work, and here were allllll these knitting supplies there. you do such beautiful work!

Dd, good to see you!

Sass, toots, I feel ya on being busy.

Gilmer, I hope you are well and finally got your rest-a-thon

Dee, happy belated birthday!

Man I'm busy! Week 8 of crazy workapalooza. Tomorrow is our canoe day, that's a tough day. I bring it on myself. I'm the one who insists on taking 45 kids on the river. The guy before me took them on a nice easy lake. No way I got a river right by my park! But it's a looooot of work. A lot of schlepping. So if you think of it, could you wish us luck? Lots of physical schlepping and putting kids in canoes and keeping them safe and paddling an schlepping canoes back. Then I get to go home and put a bunch of boxes in storage and do yard work.

How the hell did I ever have time to drink?!?!?
Old 07-28-2015, 01:32 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  

I'm sure it's well worth all that schlepping! Those kids probably love every second of it! And you get to go to bed with the satisfaction that you've given of your very best!
Old 07-28-2015, 03:10 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Safe schlepping WeHave

All well in Tootsville today
Old 07-28-2015, 03:57 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Will think of you, WeHav, as you make a wonderful experience for those kids :-)

Yes, Gilmer, how are you doing?

Marcher, where are you today? Any after effects? If it were me, I'd probably still be shaken up!

Gotta run to my next adventure.
Old 07-28-2015, 04:23 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I'm about to go to bed, no after effects Sass except for sore armpits!

However, Mr Marcher had another mild heart attack this morning, he had it in the hospital as I'd already called the ambulance. He's out of emergency tonight and in a normal ward so you can see he's ok.

It will be okay I know, it's just tough at the moment. It's all made me stronger in my sobriety --- to drink now would be the height of self absorption and selfishness and I have no desire to go down those paths.

I'll be in when I can be and I'm thinking of all of you.