Class of March 2013 Part 42

Old 07-08-2015, 05:20 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
Ummm, what Dee said Sass.
Oh my!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Marcher, beautifully said about the true buzz from natural highs! Now that I've heard the explanation of how the alcohol buzz is created, it holds far less attraction for me.

Marcher and Gilmer, thanks for the link and video,.
Aussies seem like a rather wild crowd, lol!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

The helper and her supervisor came at 8 this morning. I assumed my dad was still asleep.

When we entered his apartment we saw a broken window, a broken nightstand, and a million shards of glass. My dad had crawled to a chair and was kneeling on the floor slumped over it naked. His elbow was bleeding all over the place.

I was in shock! Damage like this had never happened before. I just stood there staring slack-jawed at the disaster. In a stupor I started picking up the bigger pieces of glass, carrying them aimlessly back and forth. The supervisor swooped in and worked with enormous efficiency--then she promptly vacuumed the whole place up. The helper got my dad clean, took him to the bathroom, and got him dressed. She even combed his hair!

A couple hours later he was conversational, lucid, and downright chipper!

But that just proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's not safe here.

I made a couple phonecalls and got the show on the road with the new hospice and hospital bed--and the deal is done. At this time tomorrow I'll be driving him to his new home.

I just want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for standing by me during these months and giving me unconditional support. It has meant a great deal to me. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't been able to come on here and vent.

You guys on this thread have been my lifeline to sanity! Thank you very, very much.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

(((Gilmer)))!!! I can't even imagine how horrible that must have been for you! It's especially good that all of this was in progress so the change can happen sooner. I'll be thinking of you as you get through the next few days. It's scary to realize just how quickly things can change. Please take good care of yourself.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Gilmer I am so sorry about what happened this morning, stay strong.

MeSo, glad to see you back, sad to see you are still stuggling. Do what you need to do for yourself, if nothing has been working, try something else. Take the best parts of what you've tried and incorporate them into a new plan. You are worth it, the buzz isn't.

On the ID theft front, the cable company in Chicago actually called me yesterday to verify the info that I had sent them, so , hopefully this will get sorted out quickly.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:46 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hello Meso!
I am so busy at the present time all I could say to my fellow Marchers is hi! and have a wonderful day... will catch up later!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:15 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  

That must be a big relief, Budd! I'm glad they're getting to the bottom of it!
Old 07-08-2015, 12:44 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Gilmer: So thankful that your father will be getting the quality care he needs and you get to live the life you deserve... you had a lot going on for quite some time... I hope you will now be able to relax and enjoy the extra free time you will now have.

I have been super busy since Seraphina, her mom, and her dad moved in with me last week. They are having a new home built, and had to have their home sold first, so will be with me until September/October.

I have the space: mom and dad get their own bedroom/bathroom, and S has her bedroom next to mine. However, the monitor is in mom's room, as I do not take care of her in the middle of the night or first thing in the morning. She loves to spend time in my room, and scratches at my door when I am reading or watching TV. She is so adorable, and is adjusting well to this change. My daughter is now in charge of providing our dinner meal - cooking or going out, and I am so enjoying the company. I feel so blessed to have this chance to really bond with Seraphina and be a part of her life. The days go by much faster, so if I am not around the Marchers forum, checking in every day, it is b/c of the time I spend with my family.
I am so grateful to be sober, as this would not even be a possibility if I was drinking or taking pills, as my son in law especially has zero tolerance for substance abusers. So, thank you Marchers, for being a key support in my sobriety.
Old 07-08-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Sounds like you've got a wonderful family unit, and it is a blessing that you've got the space to accommodate everybody comfortably. Sounds like a very nice mutual effort to live a good life!
Old 07-08-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

1day, lovely that you are getting a chance to spend more time with S without having night duty :-)
Old 07-08-2015, 02:52 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"the monitor"? As in monitor lizard?
Old 07-08-2015, 04:18 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Good morning marchers A special hello to Gilmer and a big hug for you my sweet, what a thing to walk into. I'm dreadfully sorry it happened but at least now you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is the best decision, the only decision for your dear Dad. Gilmer, I think that in many ways our generation and our parents' is charting new waters, this is the first time that so many from a generation have lived to be so old. We don't have learned family models of what to do, we have to work it out as we go.

Kenny I am glad the id theft thing is getting sorted.

1Day it's lovely to hear you feeling so happy with your family.

MeSo how goes it today?

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:20 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
"the monitor"? As in monitor lizard?
Aussie monitor lizard for Trachy

Old 07-08-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Gilmer)))

I'm glad you and your dad are ok and that he'll be getting the help he needs

D
Old 07-08-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII want one!
Old 07-08-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII want one!

I really do want more cold-blooded pets. That's why the two marriages.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Old 07-08-2015, 09:31 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Trachy!!!! I wonder what your ex-s would compare you to if they were to be asked... and, I was referring to a "baby" monitor... so that any little peep she makes is electronically sent to her parents... this is one of those times I am grateful to be hard of hearing.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Oh, Gilmer, how glad I am you had help there when that happened, and you obviously did the right thing getting prepared. I hope the transition goes smoothly for him, I am so glad we were able to be here for you and that you drew such comfort from our friendship here. I have always felt that the Marchers come into their own when a comrade in arms needs us.

1day how lovely! My daughter and GSon have stayed with us 3 or 4 times now, between moves for anything from a week or two to several months. It's always lovely to get closer to my daughter and see more of my GSon. That said, by the time they leave, I am happy to get my space back!

Had to google Thunder from Down Under ( I didn't imagine it was a show about uncontrollable flatulance which is what it sounds as if it would be...) oh boy! More six packs than an offie I bet their budgie smugglers are on show regularly throughout!

Sass let us know how your daughter enjoys the show! I wonder if she has a front row seat, she may get more than she bargained for!

Trachy, cold blooded creatures like to bask in the sun, did you take your ol' ladies on holiday??

Saw my MIL last eve, she is doing so much better. Managed to complain herself into a single room being as they wont let her leave yet, she hopes to get out for a few hours Saturday, knowing her she will refuse point blank to return! Lol we no longer worry about her making a full recovery, just for our sanity in the process!!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:01 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Toots, good to hear that your MIL is doing well! She sounds like an irascable lady :-).

Yes, I agree that the Marchers are wonderfully supportive. It's so comforting to know that we can come here anytime and find support, solace, a cheering section, etc. How did I get to be so lucky!