Hi, Marcher, where are you?

How is Mr. Marcher?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:03 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi All,

Marcher well done on the new car,

Budd congratulations on besting the pinsetter

Gilmer good luck with the mid term. I know you have had a lot going on recently so I hope you get chance to get your head down to study.

My brother had to get a pace maker fitted at 50, he has this really, really slow heartbeat, like it just cannae be bothered to pump! He still has a way more active lifestyle than me though!
Talking of which, since I did the charity run, I haven't been so bothered about actually running my distance, now I take wrist weights, run the first half and do arm and core exercises as I walk back. Well I slept on the scales today thinking I might have put on as I am eating well, and found I'd lost a kilo, yay me!

Duff heart go out to the boys families love. I hope you enjoyed your girlie night and well done on not succumbing.

We, my great niece is like that for the longest time she would just sit like a wee Buddha and her cousin would race round getting things for her, he walked incredibly early. Now she has suddenly decided to get off her butt and fetch for herself!

I took the day off posting yesterday too Trachy, so I never got chance to miss you!!

Have a great weekend all y'all xx
Old 07-31-2015, 03:16 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
Dee, the fact that we have lives beyond recovery makes me so very happy. I still miss everyone.

So true, Trachy! It kinda feels like we are "graduating" and are launched into the wide and sometimes wonderful world. I realize that this thread can't last forever ... this feels like my home on SR. You all have helped me more than you will ever know
Old 07-31-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Well, we did it.

24 hours without a post.

I miss y'all.
24 hours Tracy? Pffft. That's nothing. We are Marchers, we are on Part 42 of the longest (?) up-to-date (?) Class thread in the history of SR -- maybe.

I dunno.

But I know you are all here.

My week has been so long, so fraught, that just sitting here in front of my home computer on SR is beyond wonderful.

I am beyond tired.

At the moment I'm scared of driving at dusk because that's when I spun out the car. I drove at dusk last night and I was terrified. That's crazy stuff, I've been driving for forty years.

I'm also sick of everyone coming into the shop, I don't want to talk to people as I usually do, but yep I do that.

I'm also a bit over SR at the moment -- not here, never here -- but elsewhere I posted from the heart twice lately and it went into the ether of no-care. It stung. It stung kind of badly but that's ok in it's own way too.

This week should have made everything horrid and finished and unbearable but I'm waiting for tomorrow, it's going to be 23C.

And I'm sober. And I have all of you.
Old 07-31-2015, 05:24 AM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your threads, like so many of the Marchers and others here, always have value Marcher - regardless of the times viewed, thanks left, or number of pages they get to.

Remember that

I'm sure that in time you'll be back to being a confident driver - accidents can shake even the most experienced of drivers.

I hope you get some time to relax on the weekend

D
Old 07-31-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

I'm sorry it's been such a rotten week, Marcher.

I'm often tongue-tied when it comes to offering comfort or wise counsel on other threads; when I do dare to speak, I can often see my heartfelt pearls really falling flat.

But there are times when I've said something that really helped someone. I try to hold on to those things--because if not, I'd be pretty deflated!
Old 07-31-2015, 08:07 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  

I have to constantly keep reminding myself that I should give with no thought of return.

It is hard.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:55 PM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Marcher, we're gonna have a better week next week. Summer's fading here, winter's fading there. You'll get your driving confidence back. Mr. M will get better. Those annoying customers won't go away(I remember that wish). Take some time for yourself this weekend, OK?
Old 07-31-2015, 06:43 PM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Marcher, it's not surprising that you feel kind of meh (if I'm interpreting correctly). You've put so much of yourself into SR but right now you have other priorities. To me, you and Budd represent the essence of our group. You will get your mojo back though you need to be gentle with yourself and take the time you need. An accident like that is incredibly scary and, I think, reminds us of our mortality. With Mr M's heart attack, that whole thing probably packed even more of a wallop. (((Hugs)))!
Old 07-31-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 471 (permalink)  

(((((Marcher))))))
Girl, you quite possibly had the week from hell, of course you are going to feel on edge about a few things, if not everything! I've posted from the heart and felt ignored too, or better still, misunderstood. But like dee said it still has value. Maybe it had value to me for getting it out there. Maybe someone read it and it helped them but they didn't leave a "mark." That's ok.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:39 PM
  # 472 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

((((Marcher))))) firstly congratulations on the new car and kudos for making yourself drive at dusk yesterday however hard it was. It would have been so easy to have made an excuse not to and it would have been so much harder the next time. As for the SR thing, I have done the same and my post has either been overlooked or the response has been , 'never mind, look on the bright side' or such like, completely wrong for how I was feeling. It shows we aren't always on the right wavelength for someone. Sometimes I've seen a post where someone has said something which is overlooked by later posters but was obviously important to the postee. I will usually comment and often pm, but being guilty of speed reading when I am rushed, I never know how many of the type of post I have overlooked. Sometimes a comment from a person will make me go back and re-read and realise I missed a whole chunk of a post!
Facing ones own and ones loved ones mortality as you have just this week, make the trivia of others completely irritating, you want to shake them and remind them of how lucky they are. You will get your equilibrium back soon I hope.

Hugs everyone x
Old 08-01-2015, 04:32 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

(((Marcher)))
Old 08-01-2015, 05:29 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

(((Marcher))) Of course you feel off -- look at the week you've had! A car accident, your husband's heart! Allow yourself to feel your emotions, a luxury we didn't have when drinking. And be kind to yourself at the same time -- do something just for Marcher. And I just don't care for customers/clients on my best days!

I think we've all had posts we felt haven't received the proper attention or response. It stings but you are so insightful I have no doubt you touched someone.

The Coast Guard called off their search last night. It's beyond heartbreaking. I know other horrible things are happening in the world, and actually a 58 year old paddle boarder went missing the same night!, but this is just heart wrenching. I guess when it's your own community, literally in your own back yard, and those boys could be any of our boys... I've given this so much thought - you just can't keep south florida boys out of the water. We've always planned to buy our boys a small whaler when they're the same age as those boys and my own little one is out on the sea wall fishing right now by himself. My in-laws freak out when they see him out there by himself but he knows how to swim to the dock if he falls in. When they're raised on the water you just can't keep them away from it. I just hope they remember what happened to these boys and make wiser decisions.

And, Gilmer, I am actually one of those helicopter moms! Lol - I know how you feel about them. But there are just times you have to let them live their lives.

Marcher, I hope you're spirits are better soon and to everyone have a wonderful weekend!
Old 08-01-2015, 06:23 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

I'm sorry if I offended you, Duff! You are an excellent mother and a wonderful lady!

Maybe the reason I had strong opinions is that I wasn't quite as attentive to my kids as I should have been. Maybe a bit of a chip on my shoulder?
Old 08-01-2015, 06:53 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

Oh goodness no, Gilmer!!!! I wasn't offended at all and kind of laughed at myself about it because I never thought I would be one of those parents. My hubby calls it controlling which it probably is.

The parents of these boys have gotten a lot of judgment and criticism from people out of state for letting them go out on a boat alone at 14 and even as "controlling" as I am I think that's ridiculous. These kids are raised on the water and I don't want to hold my own kids back from living the life that's just so natural for them.

And, Gilmer, I think my kids could benefit from me pulling back a bit -- no offense taken I assure you!
Old 08-01-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

Duff, I think that the stories in the media are more than enough to scare most parents. When we were young, our parents rarely read about the bad things that happen. Kudos to you for recognizing and choosing when it's reasonable to be helicopter parents and when it may be better to let them spread their wings. As parents, I think part of us is terrified about anything happening to our children! Sadly, no matter how diligent we are, we can't prevent everything. I would bet that your dots are getting a healthy dose of balance.

I, too, have had similar experiences posting in Newcomers. If I reach even one person and can make a difference for them, then I am satisfied!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Ugh duff, I heard about the boys. I see your point, I was allowed to go to the beach with other kids when quite young myself. I don't know about the motor boat thing, can't drive a car until 16 and the sea definitely has it's own "rules of the road," but I certainly don't have enough I formation to base a proper opinion. And I sure as heck don't think it's appropriate to judge a family who just lost a child.

Ok I have to change the subject or I'll cry...

I'll share my awful drink karma yesterday. So Thursday/Friday was my summer camp campout. Afterwards, I traditionally take my staff out for brunch, run a few errands and head for a campground for a few days. After 8 weeks of camps, I need to go somewhere and not "be responsible" lol.

So I normally drink water or fizzy water, but I treated myself to a pack of those little coke zeros. I was driving with them in my passenger seat, and one exploded! Like full on all over me and the inside of my car. I had to pull over and wipe my glasses and windshield down. Ok, that was wierd, moved on.

At the campground, I used the"bathroom." As I got in, I noticed someone had left some my Donald's drink up on the hand sanitizer, right above me. Whatever. Well the thing somehow fell. And it was someone's margarita. Margaritas falling from the sky!! Two seconds later some lady says, "ummm, I think I left my drink in there..." I said yep, it just fell on me.

That was disgusting.

The freaky part is it smelledgoodto me for a minute there. Thank goodness for recovery, I didn't obsess more than a minute. Didn't even occur to me then that I was by myself and totally could have driven to the store and bought booze and"gotten away with it." I realized that like an hour later, while eating dinner. Just laughed and shook my head.

Yep, thank goodness for recovery!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Duffster View Post
The parents of these boys have gotten a lot of judgment and criticism from people out of state for letting them go out on a boat alone at 14 and even as "controlling" as I am I think that's ridiculous. These kids are raised on the water and I don't want to hold my own kids back from living the life that's just so natural for them.
When I was a wee laddy, like from 5 to 10, I wandered my grandparents 200 acre farm alone. Pastures, fields, woods, pond, streams, it was all open to me and no one thought anyone negligent if I disappeared for a few hours.

The nanny state is getting a bit overbearing.
Old 08-01-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

When I was a wee laddy, like from 5 to 10, I wandered my grandparents 200 acre farm alone. Pastures, fields, woods, pond, streams, it was all open to me and no one thought anyone negligent if I disappeared for a few hours.

The nanny state is getting a bit overbearing.
Exactly! And wandering your family farm was 100 xs healthier than sitting indoors playing video games all day!

We! I know, two years later and I still get hit by those moments. More often than I'd like but good job getting through it and moving on