Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 42

Old 07-22-2015, 04:52 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  

I wanted to share something about music, chances are that this is old to you but I just found out recently. A bit under a year ago I got into alternative classical and, at one stage, I posted about Ludovico Einaudi who Dee knew and Trachy enjoyed. Well I found this thing called a music map and I tried it out, it suggested Giovanni Allevi so I got one of his albums for my iPod.

Today I was blown away by this track -- but do ignore the kitschy graphics on the video!

I don't know if you remember but I've wondered sometimes if I could still learn to play piano -- and read music! This really makes me want to. I think I might, maybe.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a grey Paradise. What echoing silence in this thread overnight, did Mr Allevi chase you away? Really, ignore the graphics and listen to the music.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:12 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Beautiful piece.

You don't have to read music to play piano. or trumpet, or guitar...ask me how I know.

I"m not sure I can still remember all of Fur Elise but the piano ending to Layla is right there in my fingers.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:20 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Marcher, I enjoyed the music - it's just been busy around here. Retirement is not what I envisioned - it's not lounging around

Trachy, ah yes, Fur Elise is one of my favorites along with Beethoven's Pathetique (sp?) and CPE Bach's Solfegietto :-). It's been too many years since I played much.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:21 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

(((Gilmer)))

D
Old 07-22-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the music map page Marcher and the Allevi

D
Old 07-22-2015, 10:58 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Woke early today and decided rather than try to sleep until the alarm just to go out early for my run, so your music Marcher is helping me cool down!

Hugs Gilmer xx

Sass so many folk I speak to in the Opticians tell me they have no idea how they fitted work into their day, their retirement is so busy! Nice to be busy doing things you like rather than spending hours earning enough money to live on!

MIL is still in hospital and getting fed up. They are a little concerned for her kidneys so she will get out at the weekend but needs to go back in on Monday.

My dad tripped up a step in the back yard ( they have only lived there 20 years!) and face planted on the concrete. Looks like he went 20 rounds with a cheese grater.. Daft bugger.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:06 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry about your Dad Toots.
Old 07-22-2015, 11:51 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Sorry about your Dad Toots de Sweet, I hope he comes good quickly.

Hey I'm in a clinical trial for my "sprained hands" medication! Isn't that cool? I've always heard and read about these things but never known anyone involved -- now I do. My dr reports some stuff and I report other stuff. I told him that if I've got the placebo I'll have a tantrum. (I don't even know if there is a placebo and he's not saying much.)

Signed Sprained Hand Guinea Pig
Old 07-23-2015, 03:19 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

"We're going to experiment on you"

Always encouraging words, eh?

I laughed just thinking this sentence:

Where is my Shoes?!

Shoooooeeeeessssss.
Old 07-23-2015, 03:40 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Oh Trach I don't know where Shoes is but I miss her and am very very worried about her.

(((Gilmer))) You are such an inspiration for how you are handling everything. Lean on us if you start experiencing any of the other stages of grief.

Sass, you make retirement sound lovely. I'm glad you're busy, you sound very happy.

Toots, how is your dad?? A fall like that is no joke poor man.

Things are fine here - I've been on a diet the past 3 weeks and I've become pretty obsessed with it, which I know is not so great. I started seeing a trainer 2/week and I've cut my calories way back. I've lost 6 lbs but have yet to see the results where I really want to and need to - in my belly. The "baby" will be 5 years old next month - I really can't use that as an excuse anymore!

My dad turned 80 a few weeks ago and my mom 79. They are independent and busy and right now healthy. However, we are going away to New England for my nephew's wedding in 2 weeks and I have extreme anxiety about it all. My parents have gotten so high maintenance and my dad has gotten grumpy and difficult. We're staying with them in a lovely inn on a lake that we all love but there are stairs which are hard for him and it's far from the actual wedding so I'll be driving back and forth and - ugh! I need to calm down. There's also going to be dysfunctional dynamics between family members, including my mom and her sister. And let's not forget all the alcohol issues in my family -- if ever those come out it's during a wedding! Ok, deep breaths...

And therein lies a lot of my issues -- projecting about events that haven't even happened yet. I'm a mess - lol.

How's your hand, Marcher? Any affects from the medication??

Budd, any updates on your truck? Hope you're staying cool down there - it's been brutal lately.

I know I missed some but hear little feet coming down the stairs which means it's time to start the day!

xoxo
Old 07-23-2015, 04:40 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Shoes, I miss you, too. Please come back!

Marcher, your music definitely didn't scare me off! Thank you for it! I hope the new medicine works for your hands.

Toots, I hope your MIL and father recover quickly.

Duffster, that sounds really rough. All I can say is keep pushing thoughts out of your mind as soon as they enter. And when you're up there, practice acting like a stump. No anger--no emotional engagement. As far as the drama goes, you are a stump!

When I was in college (the first time ), I slowly and painstakingly learned to play the intro to "Bridge Over Troubled Water." I remembered the first line for years, because I would sneak over and play it every time I saw a piano!

But I eventually forgot. Now I only know the first chord. Or at least I did five years ago--it's been awhile!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good morning marchers!!

Toots, sorry about your dad! J's mum is 83 and has lived in her house 60 years. The back steps are sandstone and easy to trip on. After one too many wobbles, j overrode mum and had a railing installed. Much more peace of mind.

Shoes, Donde estas??

Marcher, I hope the experiment helps!

Budd, hope your truck gets better soon. Love the "I'm saving gas and getting exercise" outlook. Reminds me of a little Monty Python tune... "Always lol on the bright side of life!"

Duffsterrrrr, six pounds in three weeks is fantastic results girl! It's totally normal to not see obvious results so quickly. When you do see them, they'll be awesome. I be you are already reaping the more important benefits like feeling healthier and stronger!

Things are good in wehavland. Gotta go to work. It's week 7 of crazy workapalooza! Had an interesting experience in the lake yesterday. I packed my "dinner cruise" (awesome bread, goat cheese, olive bar stuff), paddles about a mike to my favorite little quiet spot, unpacked my dinner, and realized that I didn't have my car keys!

I usually pack them in my dry bag, but dry bag is at j's. So I had put them in my pfd pocket. Only I forgot to secure them and zip the pocket!! The only excuse I have is I was really hungry.

So I paddled hard back to the takeout, so much for dinner. I figured worst case scenario, my car was stolen. This park has some crime, it's possible. Strangely, that didn't freak me out. I just started to run through a list of what I'd have to do about it. Second worst thing would be my keys are somewhere in the lake. Well that would be inconvenient but Julie would bring me my other set, it would be ok. I'd have to pay some $$ for a new key "system" but I'd live.

Well I paddled up to the takeout, and a guy approached me. He asked if that was my car up the hill, I said yes and my keys had fallen out of my lifekacket. He had figured, he say me paddle like hell. he had my keys!!

So, I thanked him profusely, I led in my boat, paddled back to my spot and ate my dinner. Wow, how wonderful was that?

The old me would NOT have wanted to deal with the problem. The old me would have thought, "poor me. I always do dumb stuff." The old me would have freaked out the whole way back, assuming the worst.

Wow it's nice to have a new life!!
Old 07-23-2015, 05:27 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

That's bona fide progress, WeHav! Isn't it gratifying to look at yourself and see that you have definitely grown?

I'm really relieved that you got your keys back!
Old 07-23-2015, 12:24 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Buddtruck is fixed!!!

Marcher, taking up an instrument sounds great, I've been thinking about guitar (no room for a piano)

Hey if we can get 13 of us to start a band we could call ourselves " The Class of March 13"
Old 07-23-2015, 03:19 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Yay, Buddtruck! TurtleTruck needs some work, too.

Bridge Over Troubled Water... I can sing that.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:14 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers! Wehav you smart girl, what excellent progress. Duff it's lovely to have a nice big juicy post from you and hear how well you are going. Ken I love the idea of 13 of us in a band! Dee would have to be our leader of course for leader and music reasons, poor Dee, it would be like herding cats for him. But then again, I guess it is already. lol

Yesterday as I drove to work I was thinking how often I say "it's a blue and yellow/grey Paradise " so I thought I'd take a pic for you, just phone quality mind.

paradise_edited-1.jpg

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-24-2015, 02:59 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

What? Dee hearing cats? Did I miss something?
Old 07-24-2015, 03:42 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have enough trouble with SR and my existing bands, Marcher - just put me at the back LOL....

D
Old 07-24-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

BTW, Dee...That quote about one small crack...spot on.