Notices

Class of March 2013 Part 42

Old 07-17-2015, 07:12 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Love the pic and caption, Budd! Hope you have a really good weekend!
Old 07-17-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a Paradisiacal heatwave (double figures). I'm looking forward to a weekend mainly at home, it's definitely middle age when a Saturday night of "Father Brown" followed by "Doc Martin" along with your knitting is something you look forward to. In the meantime there is a day's work to do.

I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:33 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

We've come to the end of Doc Martin on Netflix. Louisa has been getting on my nerves. Martin has been EXTREMELY considerate and kind--he has undergone a real seismic shift--and nothing's ever good enough for her. She's perpetually sour!
Old 07-18-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning all hope everything is going okay with everyone, xx
Old 07-18-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Gilmer and Marcher: You both mentioned Doc Martin and Marcher, Father Brown. Gilmer, I think that is the end of the series as well, although I may be mistaken. Marcher, I love watching Father Brown on PBS, it is shown in my area on Thursday evenings. I love watching these quality shows.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:53 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I was at the Farmer's Market this morning, pickings are (relatively) slim at this time of the year but it's always worth a visit. We also hit the mid-teens temperature wise so I went for a decent walk with Marcher Dog and now I'm working on some preserved lemons for gifts and for me. My lovely friend C gave me a bag of gloriously fat homegrown lemons -- a stone, 14lb in the old language!

Gilmer I agree re Louisa!

1Day if you enjoy Father Brown, check out Peak Practice -- it's the same sort of quality viewing.

Our box of seeds arrived yesterday so I plan to get organised for spring planting this afternoon. I know it's ages away but I like thinking about it.

Have a good day peeps.
Old 07-19-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  

Gosh Peak Practice? That's going back a few years! I think one of the doctors in that was in Cold Feet with Jimmy Nesbitt. loved that series!

How is everyone? It 's pretty quiet here just now, I guess it's summer for a lot of us. Though it's currently stair rods outside here, not much sipummer in my neck of the woods. If all y'all want an idea of where I live, the Open at St Andrews is a few miles away from me. In fact we often go into St Andrews to shop and for meals.

Hugs xx
Old 07-19-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  

Good morning, Marchers! I've been in a bit of a lazy spell - I guess you could call it a vacation from my usual vacation.

All good here.
Old 07-20-2015, 02:55 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
Though it's currently stair rods outside here, not much sipummer in my neck of the woods.
Cool to live by that sheep pasture but WTH do you mean my "stair rods" and "sipummer"?
Old 07-20-2015, 04:28 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can help with the first bit LOL
Raining stair-rods = Raining very heavily.

This is a colloquial North of England expression. Stair-rods are the metal rods that hold stair-carpets in place on each step. The allusion is to rain which is so heavy as to appear like falling stair-rods.
& I think Toot's finger slipped with 'sipummer'

D
Old 07-20-2015, 09:21 AM
  # 351 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Rainin sideways! BTDT!
Old 07-20-2015, 12:14 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

And the second bit was a slip of the finger! I of course meant summer!
Old 07-20-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

If you knew my last name, you'd know I know the weather by genetics.
Old 07-20-2015, 03:17 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Is your last name "Weatherman?" On the Whiners' thread, you'd be known as "Lying Liar Who Lies!"
Old 07-20-2015, 03:57 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Location: Probably my living room. Maybe my bedroom if I'm feeling lazy
Just found out a couple of hours ago that the son of a partner that I'm working with died of a drug overdose this past weekend. I now have to jump on a plane to SF to do some damage control with the client, as the partner won't be around for a few weeks.

Everyone at work is say how much of a tragedy this is. That they can't even imagine the pain that this partner is going through. I don't have to imagine. I put my family through it. I barely even know this guy, let alone his son, and I am crushed that another person lost his life to this and another family is torn apart. Of course I can't say anything at work, so it's just more of the same, "those poor drug addicts." But inside I'm crying and thinking, "that could have been me."

I know now what they all would have said about me if I hadn't pulled through in March '13.

I'll be back in Philly on Friday.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  

That's very grim, DD. I'm sure you'll do a fine job out there.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:07 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Good morning Marchers from a sunny Paradise. My new volunteer position had me at a marathon three hour committee meeting last night, yes we did get through a helluva lot but it reminded me of why I swore off meetings for a very long time. Strangely enough when I got home at 9pm and opened the fridge to get out my dinner to heat up, my eye lit on a wine bottle in there. How classic of HALT! Of course I was both very Hungry and very Tired and all I had to do was kick my brain into gear and get out my chinotto and eat. Which I hasten to add is what I did.

DD sometimes events really cut close to home don't they. I hope the damage control trip goes as well as possible.

Have a good day all.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

NO, dd, that can't be you. You are sober.
Old 07-20-2015, 04:51 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that, DD. When we hear of things like that I think it is a reminder of how close we have come. So very sad!

Marcher, I doubt the occasional need to remember HALT and why we are sober will ever completely go away ... Though perhaps it does for some. It sounds like you've got a bear by the tail with that volunteer job!

Trachy, how are you holding up?

Gilmer, I hope you've had a little decompression time after months of stresses!

Toots and Dee, raining stair rods is definitely a new one for my vocabulary

1Day, how are you doing?

Budd?

Best to all Marchers from vacationland :-)
Old 07-20-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 360 (permalink)  

I hope you're having fun with vacationland, Sass!

I had one day of decompression. I was looking forward to tomorrow, but it has filled up with bureaucratic issues. Hopefully Wednesday I will just lock all the doors and pull down the shades and crawl into bed in a fetal position!