Class of July 2015 Part 6

last part here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html

D
Old 08-11-2015, 07:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Lost my post!

Bowled okay tonight (548 series) and happy we won 7 points and lost 2 points...nephews bowled well. In this league you get 2 points for each game you win and 3 points for total wood (pinfall). You bowl 3 games.

Onward to Wednesday!
Old 08-11-2015, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lost my post too. Oh well. Good sober night to y'all.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Bbb that to link to smart is really good. DEADS.

I feel like being my own coach and needing a playbook for urges. Cravings are getting easier but I can't let my guard down. I know how hard it can be to stay sober and how easy it is to relapse. A working progress 1 day at a time. Have a great evening!
Old 08-11-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We missed you Ladybug... welcome back! I had a very long 12+ hour day setting up my classroom and meeting with my team. I have a splitting headache after dealing with a team member who wants to control the rest of us. Thank the Lord that I am keeping my sobriety through all this chaos and making light of others negativity. For the first time ever, I am the positive ray of sunshine on my new team?!? lol
Old 08-12-2015, 02:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats great Ang, we all need a ray of sunshine in our lives to bring out our own from hiding!
How are you today DD?
Good Morning Class from a sunny Ireland, stuck in the office of course! But I got in early and had an hours walk along the coast first. Can't seem to shake a lingering infection but hoping soon.
Day 30 since my last drink and as I've been sobre for 148 days since Feb ( go me!) I'm starting to notice that the cravings have turned to more thoughts of drinking. Long may they last, I've been so busy this summer juggling full time work and parenting that HALT hasn't been far from my door 24:7...so I'm kinda pleased with myself.
Looking forward to getting to know you all better and also looking forward to the day I count years and months!!
AV
Old 08-12-2015, 04:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey guys, hope you're all ready for another day. It's beautiful here in the UK, hope you're as sunny where you are!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sunny but I still feel a bit cold. Though may be as this flat always stays cool.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job resisting temptation upward. Cry it out if you have to, or bike it out just don't drink!

Proud of all the successes here. And supporting those who have slipped. Been there done that. Get back up on this here horse with us.

Day 21! 3 weeks! And it feels so good! Not perfect, but good. I am grateful to be sober.
Old 08-12-2015, 04:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats kittycat and alreadyinuse. angd its a bit of a catch 22 that we start getting our crap together and immediately put it to work by doing more, more, more on the job! I'm doing that now and I'm going to look at throttling myself back for self-preservation. I'm remembering that I was just barely waltzing through before so why do I need to sprint now?! I don't.

But, I do feel good starting this sober day 40!

Have a good one!
Old 08-12-2015, 04:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
SD 7/3/15 SRJD 7/14/15

Good morning/afternoon to you all! Sunny today here on the Jersey Shore, ready for the day!

Have to go to the truck repair shop this morning to retrieve my RV. They weren't able to locate the parts needed to replace the last 8' of the exhaust pipe yet (holes). I'll get it back to them when they have the parts.

We have a weekend camping trip planned in Cape May County this weekend. Cape May is at the lower end of NJ, Exit 0 on the Garden State Parkway!

Stay focused and on the right track (sober) today...it's all within you're control!

Old 08-12-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Thanks for the warm welcome back. Day 4 and the sun is back out after 2 days of clouds/rain. Yesterday was a little tough, not craving or wanting to drink wise, but just with mood swings. I felt very irritable/emotional all afternoon. My husband said "maybe you're pregnant again" haha. I know it gets better so just have to hang in there and NOT go backwards again. It's scary what drinking does to your head. Hope you all have a wonderful, sober day. Will check back in again later xxx
Old 08-12-2015, 05:09 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't know what to say other than I think you're all fabulous!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Checking in.

Hello Julyers!

Things went from nicely dull to frenzied a couple of days ago. No drinking though--Yay. I've decided I'm going to use these next few weeks as a chance to build my sober muscles; they're already getting a workout.

School doesn't start until Sept. in these parts (state law), but the dreaded all-day meetings are already in full swing. Angd, our situations are so similar it's uncanny...

I want to read all of your posts later, so for now...

Off to do some work and then to the airport to pick up ex-husband, (who is flying in from a far-off land.)

Have a great day/night Julyers!
Old 08-12-2015, 05:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Feel exactly the same here Ladybug.

we all think you are fabulous too Ts.

Great stuff toki. You can do it.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats BBF! 40 days is great!
Way to go Kittycat and Ladybug!

Tokidoki, we will have to lean on each other. I love the brand new teacher that I am mentoring. She is so sweet and completely lost. I feel like God has brought us together and as though it is my mission to help her to NOT have the year that I had last year with a VERY negative team. One person has as reason of why everything we say won't work. I just want to shout out,"Lady, you have no idea what I am going through right now!" If me and so many of my sober friends on SR can find a way to battle our demons while maintaining our lives, then why won't this simple idea work? lol Of course I keep all of that to myself, smile, be polite, then go home and post on here about how unwilling she is to embrace change. Sorry if I bother you for the next couple weeks, but it is so much better than me picking up a drink because others drive me crazy! lol She doesn't like the idea that she has taught for 27 years and is not this girl's mentor. I guess I did a great job last year as a full-blown functioning alcoholic, so the possibilities are seemingly endless being sober.

Have a fabulous day all! I am getting ready for another long day.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

[QUOTE="tokidoki;5507622"] School doesn't start until Sept. in these parts (state law), but the dreaded all-day meetings are already in full swing. Angd, our situations are so similar it's uncanny.../QUOTE]

Dang where do you live? We started school aug 3, it stinks... Kids only get 8 weeks summer vacation but then we have a week out in September! For "fall break" lol
Old 08-12-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi all,

Good to see everyone's posts sounding rather positive today.

I've been to see my mental health practitioner for the first time today. She is lovely! She was really impressed with everything I've been doing, be it SMART, CBT, posting here! , exercise and so on. She made me feel really proud of myself when I came out We also had a good chat about putting me first as we are very early in my recovery here and it has to be THE major focus for the forseeable future. So I've decided I'm not going back to work next week, I'd have been rushing myself back for them not me. I quite honestly don't thibk I'm ready to be anywhere near that place and I don't want to put my recovery in jeapordy. Plus the fact that I'm looking into my teacher training in the future anyway makes me think sod them. I'm going to do what's right for me. It's not like I'm sat home doing nothing, im making solid, great progress in my life with the things I am doing right now. She said that if I had a problem with my heart I wouldn't care about being off work, which is true. Mental health is no less important. After how bad things have gotten for me over the past year, a month to recuperate is just not enough, im having to rebuild my whole life back together. There is still a stigma around mental health in my workplace but that's their problem not mine. I am seriously considering the possibility of just leaving and getting some sort of part time job to tide me over until I'm back on a sure footing.

Rant over! My mind just races off once I start!

Plans for tonight are some chill time. I have a SMART meeting shortly. I nearly always feel calmer and better about myself after one so that will be nice Have a great sober evening all.
B
Old 08-12-2015, 11:13 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Still having trouble shaking obsessing over loosing that guy. Even though it was a truly messed up situation. It's like I am just clinging to that and can't move on. Most the time I was an insecure wreck but the few moments we did get was probably the only happy times I have had in so many years.
Old 08-12-2015, 03:38 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Its good to see everyone doing good & finding things to occupy there time. I love reading about the walks on the coast, bowling scores & getting ready for classes to start back up. I too start school back on Monday. This is my last semester at the community college & its a good feeling. Its only my associates but its halfway to my bachelors. I envy some of you that live in bigger citys with different (sober) things to get involved with. My bachelors degree is my ticket out of this state. Im excited to have the routine back again of going to school & studying. No cravings or many thoughts of drinking here, just miss doing some things at places that serve alcohol. I will not tell myself that I can go to those places & not drink because its getting to close to the enemy. Maybe years down the road but not in the near future.

Hope everyone gets some of this nice weather we are having here in kentucky today. The sky is a beautiful blue with small fluffy white clouds.

Day 38 here