View Single Post
Old 08-12-2015, 10:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
BringingBackB
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Hi all,

Good to see everyone's posts sounding rather positive today.

I've been to see my mental health practitioner for the first time today. She is lovely! She was really impressed with everything I've been doing, be it SMART, CBT, posting here! , exercise and so on. She made me feel really proud of myself when I came out We also had a good chat about putting me first as we are very early in my recovery here and it has to be THE major focus for the forseeable future. So I've decided I'm not going back to work next week, I'd have been rushing myself back for them not me. I quite honestly don't thibk I'm ready to be anywhere near that place and I don't want to put my recovery in jeapordy. Plus the fact that I'm looking into my teacher training in the future anyway makes me think sod them. I'm going to do what's right for me. It's not like I'm sat home doing nothing, im making solid, great progress in my life with the things I am doing right now. She said that if I had a problem with my heart I wouldn't care about being off work, which is true. Mental health is no less important. After how bad things have gotten for me over the past year, a month to recuperate is just not enough, im having to rebuild my whole life back together. There is still a stigma around mental health in my workplace but that's their problem not mine. I am seriously considering the possibility of just leaving and getting some sort of part time job to tide me over until I'm back on a sure footing.

Rant over! My mind just races off once I start!

Plans for tonight are some chill time. I have a SMART meeting shortly. I nearly always feel calmer and better about myself after one so that will be nice Have a great sober evening all.
B