Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 11-10-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
I agree with Jethro, let them find their own rooster. Clearly I have no idea what a tame hen is. Can you please enlighten me

Hugs and prayers
TB
Alright TB! I know you alrighty know what a tame hen is? But I'll pacify you!

Let's see? A tame hen would be like Maria! Standing outside with one foot in the air waiting for daddy to see her so he'll pick her up! She was telling him it's NAP time! That was at 2:30 PM today!

Jethro is now stretched out on the living room floor on his back beside the couch! Maria is sitting on his stomach with her little blankie covering her up! With each breath he takes? She goes up and down on his stomach! When I walk inside? She'll do a little cu cu cu to let me know she's there and she knows I'm inside! LOL

Or a hen that a person can handle! Not one that hauls azz when it see's a person heading it's direction! And once caught goes into a fit of flapping it's wings and squawking like crazy!

Now do you have the picture? And in your case? Those Guineas running around the area would NOT be considered tame!

As for Marvin going next door? It was my idea! Not the neighbors! They don't even know I was thinking about suggesting such a thing anyway! I was thinking of Marvin's welfare and him having lots of hens to tend to instead of just one! Oh well! I'm on the hunt again for him a hen to pal around with him! He was standing close to Jethro when I walked outside this afternoon. He ran over to me when I got outside to say hello. Then he walked out in the yard to a patch of sunlight and stood there pouting!

TOD
Old 11-10-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
So sorry to hear about Marilyn, Tod. I hope Marvin will be okay.

Rob & I had the exact same plumbing problems that you guys had, ugh! Thing is, we didn't hear a thing. It was only when we got our $130 water bill that we knew something was amiss lol.

No Coke or snacks...good for you! Have a great day!
Thank you KZ!

Ugh! Water pipes busting is the PAIN in ppl's lives! One of them anyway! Especially when we PAY for our water! Jethro wanted me to call the water company to see if we'd get a break on the bill since it was a busted pipe? I looked at him like he'd lost his mind! I said: "Seriously? You really think we wouldn't get charged for all that water we wasted due to a busted pipe? How about YOU call them and get laughed at instead of ME?" Geeeeezzzzz

I'm just glad it all happened now and not after the weather turns to freezing weather! We are getting closer and closer to that time every day! I'm also grateful Jethro had the know how to do the repairs himself and the stuff to get it done! I can imagine how much it would have cost us to hire a plumber to get the job done! Ack!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 12:50 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I had to go back on the Thread here to see when I'd started my days w/o drinking cokes! That was on 8-31! WOW! I hadn't realized two months had already passed w/o me drinking any cokes! That's freaking amazing in my eyes! I LOVED drinking cokes! But to be honest! I was drinking so much of it that it began to taste like drinking pure sugar all the time! So I was ready to stop it! Of course though my mind and body missed it right away! I stuck with the determination to NOT drink it anymore and so far have won the battle!

It's the same thing as it was with the pain meds! I wanted more out of life than living from day to day worrying about having enough pills each day until I got the next refill! It was the same thing with worrying about running out of cokes!

My BIG feat will be the day I decide to stop smoking! Ugh! It's not that I don't want to, it's just getting it in my mind to DO IT!

I haven't talked about my two new neighbors a whole lot! But I have gotten to know the neighbor wife across the street more due to their chickens! She and I have talked a lot by text and on the phone! She sent me a video of the night she gave birth to her 6th child at home! It was G rated! All her family was there as well as the midwife and her older sister! I sat here with tears streaming down my face while I watched her screaming in labor pains. The other five kids came in one by one to meet their new brother! There was a whole lot to the video, but I'll keep it private! It was all fascinating and I'd never seen the rituals done before! I sent her a text thanking her for sharing that precious event with me!

My other new neighbors? They are nice, but not our type of ppl! They sit out on their backporch with friends that live close by drinking beer for hours. Or should I say guzzling beers all evening! So we don't enteract! We talk across the fence when we see each other out in the fields. The husband has come over to talk with Jethro while he's outside working too! He told Jethro they are talking about putting up a privacy fence! I'm sure it will happen after Jethro gets his shop built! Hey! Glad it's their money and not ours putting one up!

Changes are always happening in one form or another! I've learned as long as I'm clean off the opiates? I can go with the flow! When I was strung out on pain meds? Everything seemed to be a problem. A bother in my opiate mind! I also have a whole lot more laughter and joy in my life now!

I only have this one life to live! I've lived too much of it strung out on pain meds! I've closed the door on that other life now!

There's something I want to mention to Lenina! A couple years ago if not more? When we were dry and couldn't shoot off fireworks on the 4th of July? I lived thru your words telling the story of y'all going to a friend's house to sit out on the back deck to watch fireworks being fired off! I pictured it like I was there with y'all enjoying it! You made it sound like such a peaceful, enjoyable time with friends! I wanted to thank you for that memory instilled in my mind!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Happy Veteran's Day to all our Veterans!

From one Veteran to another! Thank You!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 02:32 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Hey, TOD! How are you doing? Just now saw this thread!
Old 11-11-2015, 02:35 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I've been working on cleaning the porch room this evening! I need to get one side cleared out so I can move the future hen's cage to the other side of Marvin's crate! The hen's cage is too close to the gas stove! Marilyn wasn't too happy with it when she was still alive. I had planned on moving her cage before she was attacked by a hawk!

I can't believe how much crap has collected in this room since the last time I cleaned it! The majority of it is Jethro's stuff though! I'll be so glad when he gets his shop built and all this can go in the shop! I'm constantly tripping over his stuff in here! He tells me to just pick my feet up higher! The Putz!

I've been sneezing my head off from all the dust I've been kicking up in here! Cut grass is so dusty! That's what's in the kids crates! Ugh!

Dealing with Marilyn's cage is heartbreaking. It's just so sad not seeing her in it! And not hearing her sing to me!

We have thunderstorms moving into the area today. There could be Tornado's in them too. Ugh! I need to be ready to hit the floor running if a Tornado moves into the area! Jethro will wake me up to tell me: "Gotta GO!" He doesn't want to hear any back talk from me either! I've told him: "Grab Molly's basket and Maria then haul azz! Let me sleep!" Like that ever works!

Okay! Back to work!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Hey, TOD! How are you doing? Just now saw this thread!
Hi suki!

I'm doing really good! Mentally and physically that is! Sad because of losing our Dear Marilyn, but that's how it is when a person loses a pet!

I shed tears when things cause me to shed them! God help me if I watch a sad movie! LOL I even cry while watching The Voice! It makes me tearful watching the success of others!

I love the freedom and release of the pain meds that had me locked in their bottles! They turned me into somebody I'm NOT!

How are you? I know your old man kitty lost his life not too long ago! I'm not a cat person, but each of us have our love for whatever species it is that catches our Fancy! I can't believe I'm down to three chickens now! I used to be run over by them! I have two Silkie hens and our large rooster Marvin! No matter what the breed we love? It hurts like hell when we lose one!

Thanks for checking in with me!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 03:35 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Sgt. TOD))) Happy Veteran's Day!

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-11-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

(((Sgt. TOD))) Happy Veteran's Day!

Hugs and prayers
TB
Thank you Friend!

Right now I feel like I just came off KP duty! (That's Kitchen Police for you civilians! ) Tons of pans to wash! I tried something new tonight for supper and used several skillets and pots to do it! It turned out delicious though!

There are a lot of restaurants in our area that are giving free meals to us Veterans today! I'm sure Jethro will be chomping at the bit this evening to go to one of them! He's proud of my service time and wants me to go out and celebrate it with other Veterans!

TOD
Old 11-11-2015, 12:26 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Do your best

Happy veterans day/armistice day TOD
Old 11-12-2015, 12:01 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  
Night owl

Happy veterans day. Just catching up on your thread. Glad you got the plumbing fixed, esp before freezing season, like you said.

I hope your sadness will ease and be replaced by happy memories of your sweet hen. I've not been around them much but know they can be such sweethearts. And of course she was family.

Congrats on the sodas and thank you for continuing to be an inspiration on staying off the opiates. I know you're helping a lot of people.

Old 11-12-2015, 03:03 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a nice day Tod
Old 11-12-2015, 03:44 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank you soberwolf and Lyoness!

I got up at 5:00 PM today! Jethro was sitting on the couch with Maria on the back of it looking like a smashed potatoe cake! I walked over to the couch and put my knee down on the cushion. Then I leaned over Maria, pulled her in close for some snuggling and sugars. Momma Silkie with the Hen's in the House love getting their snuggle times in with me! LOL Jethro pulled his newspaper down just enough to look over the top of it to tell me: "That's my baby girl you're snuggling with!" I just gave her more sugars! LOL

I then got up and gave Jethro a big kiss too! I got dressed, got my cup of coffee and headed out here on the porch to start my day! And the bottom falls out! Pouring sheets of rain! Jethro came to the door asking about going out to eat and I sad - No! Then he wanted to know when we could renew our license? I told him to make an appointment! Well that's not what he wanted to hear! So we bantered that back and forth for awhile! Sigh! I don't always get to wakeup fully before he's expecting me to make decisions! Ugh!

I went inside an hour later to make my Herbal Shake! I saw him looking like he was getting mad because I wasn't cooking supper! SO? I grabbed his brand of bacon out of the fridge and cut some up to fry. Then I got the fan to put in the window to pull the smell out of the house. I can't stand his brand of bacon or the smell! Then I got carrots, shredded cheese, lettuce, long stem green onions and tomatoes. As I was washing and slicing stuff up? Here he comes! LOL He doesn't miss a beat when I'm in the kitchen to come inspect what I'm cooking! Since he was in there? I asked him how he wanted his bacon cooked? Crispy or tender? So he went over to the stove to check it!

Next thing I know? He's taking the washed onions and started cutting them up. Then he does the tomatoe! I hear Maria talking at the edge of the carpet and I go over to pick her up. She's watching what daddy's doing at the countertop and stove. I set her behind us on her towel on the Island! I give her a hamburger bun top to eat and go back to helping Jethro! He decided he wanted more bacon on his salad. So I get the package out and pull more out for him. By this time Maria is standing close to the edge and looking downwards. I walk over, lean over her and pull her into a hug! She snuggles in! About that time I told Jethro this is a better way to spend Veteran's Day! And if you're wondering? There was a lot of hand washing while his salad was being made!

Between the two of us! We got his salad made and he headed to the table with it! I took Maria to her couch and then I came back out here on the porch to watch "The Voice"! Got a fellow Arkansan competing on the show this go round! Then about 10:30 PM I went inside and made both of us a hamburger!

Jethro went to bed around 12:30 AM. I brought Molly out here on the porch with me. After she talked with Marvin for awhile and ate her food? I picked her up to give her some Momma time! She's so funny! While petting her she stretches her neck out in a wiggling way over the top of my arm. Then she'll poke her head underneath my arm and look around! She let me know at 4:30 AM she was ready for bed!

Now y'all know how I spent my Veteran's day! I'll be shutting the house down in an hour or less to head to bed myself! I enjoyed my day!

TOD
Old 11-12-2015, 04:31 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 11-12-2015, 05:23 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Good morning dear one.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 11-12-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Do your best

Popping in to say goodnight Tod
Old 11-13-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

(((TOD))) Good morning dear one.

Hugs and prayers
TB
OMG! You spend way too much time on the Internet!

Good Morning-Good Afternoon-Good Evening-Good Night to you too! You Goof!

TOD
Old 11-13-2015, 02:17 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here's something for y'all if y'all didn't know!

Nimoy's last tweet!

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP.” The last abbreviation, of course, is a reference to the Spock catchphrase, “Live long and prosper.”

TOD
Old 11-13-2015, 03:50 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Heading to bed y'all! Going to need the heavy blanket today! It's 38 degrees! Going to be colder when I go to bed tomorrow! Burrrrr I love it though!

Oh? And before I go! Yesterday around 3:30 PM there was this loud boom. I felt it under my feet too! I called my neighbor beside us and she was in town just leaving walmart! She said there were police officers blocking the entrance ways into the parking lot! Makes me wonder if it didn't have something to do with what happened several months ago? Google walmart tunnels and you'll get the jest of what I'm talking about!

Didn't want to log out w/o saying:

TOD
Old 11-13-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

(((TOD))) Have a good night's sleep. Tell Jethro I said hello.

Ah yes winter. I can't wait for the cold weather to get here.

This is why I love snow.

Hugs and prayers
TB