Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Do your best

You are so awesome Miss sherry, Jennifer, Leonora & Lilly are beautiful esp miss sherry that lil head of fluff is sooooo adorable

Have a lovely weekend Tod x
Old 12-11-2015, 03:53 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

The girls are on their way!

TOD
Old 12-11-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hey Tod,
Nope, I have an android. I've been trying to figure out how to post pics, but I'm not sure if I can w/an android?

The new girls are beautiful! I hope they enjoy their pit area. You didn't a great job! Sure hope Marvin gets along w/them okay. I'm happy to hear that Sherry's feeling better.

I love decorating for Christmas! My house looks like Santa's workshop at the north pole lol. Only w/antique decor & tons of toys from the 30's-60's all over the place ( my antique toys are out yr round though. )

Is your SD the one who bought a new house last yr.? I don't remember the FB story. That's great that your daughter got her associate's! Yayyyy! Ands how sweet of her husband to write a memoir on it!

Ttyl (( Hugs ))
Old 12-11-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Oh, I forgot to tell ya ( I've been trying to forget this all wk. ) My ex husband's mother passed away & even though all 3 dislike their biological father, they were close to their grandma.

My daughter told me that while her grandma was dying at home, their dad ( my ex ) was at band practice getting drunk. What a loser!

Anyhoo, they ( the ex & his brother ) couldn't afford a traditional funeral, so they're having a small gathering at her house.

My kids asked my hubs & I to attend, so they wouldn't have to be alone w/my ex. I couldn't say no to them, so that's what I'm doing tomorrow. I haven't seen him in yrs & hopefully, tomorrow is the last day I will ever have to see him again!
Old 12-12-2015, 01:16 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Hey Tod,
Nope, I have an android. I've been trying to figure out how to post pics, but I'm not sure if I can w/an android?

The new girls are beautiful! I hope they enjoy their pit area. You didn't a great job! Sure hope Marvin gets along w/them okay. I'm happy to hear that Sherry's feeling better.

I love decorating for Christmas! My house looks like Santa's workshop at the north pole lol. Only w/antique decor & tons of toys from the 30's-60's all over the place ( my antique toys are out yr round though. )

Is your SD the one who bought a new house last yr.? I don't remember the FB story. That's great that your daughter got her associate's! Yayyyy! Ands how sweet of her husband to write a memoir on it!

Ttyl (( Hugs ))
Hi Kz! I use photobucket for posting pictures on here!

The new girls are all settled in the hay asleep right now! The white one - Jennifer - is a heavyweight! She weighs more than Marvin does! The other two are lightweights! They all three are head peckers! Sigh! Maybe after I get Marvin used to them and vice a versa they'll settle down! Gotta love that pecking order business? I let Marvin out long enough to see he had new girls in the pit! He did a goofy growl and then wanted in with them. I snatched him up and said: "Oh No you big boy! You can visit with them tomorrow!" LOL

Yes little Sherry is a wonderful addition to the family! I took her outside today to do some grass eating, scratching around and play time. Jethro was at the store! When he got home he walked out to us. She saw him coming and went running, hopping, flapping her wings to get to him. As soon as she reached him she started telling him all about how happy she was! LOL Jethro's face was just beaming with Joy at the sight of her running towards him! He reached down to pick her up to talk to her for a minute and to give her some petting! To see her now? You'd never known she was the walking dead when we got her!

Sherry kept scratching all around the yard and was acting like she wanted to dust! Jethro told me where some fresh dirt was at so I took her to it. As soon as I set her down in it she commenced to making her a spot to dust in! Then the dusting commenced! Maria was outside with us and she kept her distance. LOL She still acts like she's saying: "MOM! That Sherry stinks and she looks nothing like ME! Keep her away from me!" If Sherry gets close to her she'll drop a wing and lean sideways to let her know she better stay away!

I held onto Maria and leaned down in the pit to show her the new girls! She pulled her head feathers straight back on her head and gave them a dirty look. LOL She was telling me: "Momma! Not more strangers? WHY?" Now if I brought new hatchlings home? She'd tuck them underneath herself and start playing Mommy to them!

I used to decorate for Christmas! Now? I'll let everyone else decorate! LOL Saves my aching back from dealing with the mess! But who knows! I might decide to start it again later down the road when I have the room for it again! My former friend decorated(s) like you do! It was so wonderful going to her home to see all the stuff she'd have put out! She also made decorations out of cloth, beads and sparkles too! She gave me a rocking horse years ago made out of cloth and stuffed with cotton. Lots of red beads and golden leafs on it! I still have it packed away!

You've read the SD story already! And no she didn't buy a new house! I gave her a brand new sewing machine for Christmas last year as well as a hundred dollars for the kids! I've tried multiple times to help her out in whatever way she needed help! But after being chit on time and time again? I'm done! Nothing makes her happy and she doesn't want me in her and her daddy's life! Jethro's mother is the same way! Jethro has always chosen ME over everyone else and will continue to do so!

Oh Jethro and myself are extremely proud of my daughter! She learned early in life if you want to make it in this big ole world she had to earn her way! And after 12 yrs in the Active Duty Air Force and then getting out to be home for her two kids she started college courses! It's damned hard to step out of military boots into civilian work shoes! Especially after being in the boots for so many years! I was fortunate enough to get my Disability and didn't have to work in the civilian world after getting medically discharged! But I was still lost for a long time after being discharged! I cried many nights in Jethro's arms from being so lost and not being in the ARNG anymore! Half my lifetime was spent in it! So I'm very proud of my daughter for achieving what she's achieved!

LORDY! It's 67 degrees right now at 3:15 AM in the morning! I have the A/C cranking in the house! If the window unit wasn't covered already out here? I'd have it running too! I have the windows open in here and a fan in the window! There's a good wind blowing outside and that's helping to keep it cooler in here!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD
Old 12-12-2015, 01:19 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Oh, I forgot to tell ya ( I've been trying to forget this all wk. ) My ex husband's mother passed away & even though all 3 dislike their biological father, they were close to their grandma.

My daughter told me that while her grandma was dying at home, their dad ( my ex ) was at band practice getting drunk. What a loser!

Anyhoo, they ( the ex & his brother ) couldn't afford a traditional funeral, so they're having a small gathering at her house.

My kids asked my hubs & I to attend, so they wouldn't have to be alone w/my ex. I couldn't say no to them, so that's what I'm doing tomorrow. I haven't seen him in yrs & hopefully, tomorrow is the last day I will ever have to see him again!
Sorry to read about y'all's family member's passing!

If it were my daughter's dad that passed? I wouldn't have too much problem going to his funeral due to we have a decent relationship because I've kept it that way for our daughter's sake.

Just go and stay with your daughter's! It will end before you know it! If there's any problems from your XH? That would be the time for me to leave!

TOD
Old 12-12-2015, 01:58 AM
  # 387 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You are so awesome Miss sherry, Jennifer, Leonora & Lilly are beautiful esp miss sherry that lil head of fluff is sooooo adorable

Have a lovely weekend Tod x
Here's little Miss Fluff herself! Dusting up a storm!

I asked the guy that delivered the three girls to us if his children were sad to see them go! He said they were! I told him I'd send him pictures of them so he could share them with his kids! That way they'd know they were doing well and were happy being here! He said that would be awful nice of me to do that!

He told me they only had a very small backyard to walk around in when they were outside their small coop! Now they have two acres to forage on!

Jethro was sitting on the floor in the living room with Maria on the couch behind him and little Sherry was busy at the food bowls! I walked in to take her back to her bedroom, asking her if she was ready to go back there? She sat down so quickly to tell me; NO momma! I just stood there looking at her. Jethro busted a gut with laughter! So I left her there and came back out on the porch!

TOD
Old 12-12-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 388 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Anybody seen my little red rooster, please send him home.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-13-2015, 01:29 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
Anybody seen my little red rooster, please send him home.

Hugs and prayers
TB
OMG! I don't have any little Red roosters! You GOOF!
Old 12-13-2015, 04:11 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
OMG! I don't have any little Red roosters! You GOOF!
OMG! It doesn't matter if you have a red rooster or not. I just found the song cute. Like my John Travolta dance

hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-13-2015, 04:29 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
OMG! It doesn't matter if you have a red rooster or not. I just found the song cute. Like my John Travolta dance

hugs and prayers
TB
AAAAAA HHHHHH AAAAAAA!

I knew that's the answer you'd give me back! I had to make sure I keep you on your toes!

TOD
Old 12-14-2015, 01:31 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Everyone!

Woke up today at 2:00 PM to pouring rain! Ugh! Jethro told me he didn't let the girls out! Another Ugh! Gonna be a nasty dirty pit to clean! He didn't let Marvin out either! So thankfully? Jethro took care of the cleaning today! Of course I got a dirty look when he came in here looking for his gloves. Oh well! It's not like I haven't told him to let the chickens out at least for a little bit so they'd do their dirties outside on nasty weather days! I was in the middle of watching a movie that had me laughing really hard! That's part of being clean! I can laugh now! And it doesn't take much to make me laugh either! Jethro stays in a pizz poor attitude most of the time so I find things to entertain myself! I can't stay happy and clean if I allow myself to go down with him!

I knew Jethro was in one of those bad moods right after I got up! So I tried being nice and didn't say anything to set him off! Well it didn't take long before I set him off! Sigh! I saw the front porch light on from the bathroom window. Hmmmmm Was it still on from the other day or did he have it on for some reason? I walk into the living room and ask: "Is there a reason the porch light is still on? Nicely!" He answered back with: "No Tim I don't know!" God Almighty! I'm SOOOOO sick of him saying that! I've asked him to stop it, but he won't! He uses that phrase to answer everything I ask him or if I'm just carrying on a conversation with him! I'm living with an immature imbecile when he's taking the damned pain meds! He told me to stop asking stupid questions! Well it wasn't a stupid question on my part and I told him as much! I didn't know if someone was coming over or he'd been on the porch and left the light on? I was headed to turn it off and would have left it on if he had it on for some reason! Well that started an argument! That's all it takes when he's on the pain meds! If he hadn't been? He would have nicely said: "No baby! Go ahead and turn it off!" That would have been the end of it!

I get my defenses up to keep from being slammed with stupidity from him only for him to get off the pain meds later on and he's back to being the loving caring man I know he can be. Then he expects me to be loving and caring back to him. Well damn! I don't know if he's going to pop a pill later on after I come down off my defenses only to be met with the stupid again! I've become like the line on a fishing pole! I reel myself in and let myself out! As far as I can tell? He hasn't ordered anymore pain meds to be delivered or picked up! But that doesn't mean anything! He's got plenty right now!

For the past hour I've had Molly in my lap while I pet her and got some of the wax off her feather shafts! She was loving it!

Earlier I brought Sherry to the living room to hangout in there with Jethro and Maria! She sure is feeling better by her actions! She's become more playful! Whenever I walk past her she'll duck and dodge with wings out and then will chase me only to quickly retreat! LOL So I'll spend time walking up towards her and then backwards to keep her playing! Then I'll pick her up and she'll snuggle underneath my chin up against my neck for some petting! She has a life of love and care now! She also fusses like a child whenever I put her to bed! No Momma! Not yet! Molly and Maria are just the opposite! They'll let me know when they are ready to go to bed if I don't get them sooner! LOL

Has anyone watched the HD channel with the "Searching for Hitler" series? I watched them all yesterday! Really an interesting story!

TB: Gotta ask you this? How do you sit on that stool pulled up to the sink? Do you open your cabinet doors and stick your legs inside them?

Kz: How did it go at the funeral?

Soberwolf: How was your weekend? What kind of pets do you have?

TOD
Old 12-14-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Hd,
Well, it wasn't a formal funeral ( although I wish it would have been. ) It was very awkward for the 1st hour or so because my eldest daughter asked her uncle if everyone that smoke could smoke on the deck outside, which was fine with me. But, her uncle made a mountain out of a molehill & ended up telling my daughter that had better learn to respect him! The fact is that's he's a outta work drunk who hasn't even lived in Michigan for the last 12-13yrs.
He was also saying how they needed to pull together as a family, because they're all he has left now. This seemed very strange to the kids because he hasn't been in their life for some long.
When we were on our way to the get together, my daughter tested him saying we would come over, but not stay. Ugh! All I wanted to do is get through the day w/as little drama as possible lol.
So, we went & ended up staying for a couple of hrs. He apologized, sort of, but then insulted my daughter again on the way out. I'm sure glad that day is done lol.

I'm sorry Jethro's been a pain in your butt. At least you have your chickies!

Hi TB & SW, how are you guys doing?
Old 12-15-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
TB: Gotta ask you this? How do you sit on that stool pulled up to the sink? Do you open your cabinet doors and stick your legs inside them?
You mean this chair?

Nope, I don't have to open the cabinets to stick my legs in lol I just slide the chair back about a foot and then sit my butt down simple as that. I can do all my cooking wash dishes make coffee clean the counter without any effort now. Before I got this wonderful incredible chair, I couldn't stand up for long periods of time because of the pain in my knees so I had to sit down for a few seconds catch my breath and then get up and start all over again. This is the best gift I ever given myself. Now I don't have to think twice if I want to make scramble eggs in the morning. Now look forward to making them.

(((kzaug))) I'm so glad to see you posting on regular basis again. I'm sorry to hear what you went through at the funeral. Me, I'm doing great. Clean and sober and grateful. I just wish that this weather would make up its mind though. The last three days it's been in the 70s and humid. At night much of the same hot and humid. While I was driving to Walmart I watched this guy put up Christmas lights around his house in a T-shirt and short pants. Now you tell me what's wrong with that picture LOL There might be some truth in this global warming everyone is talking about. Oh well, life on life terms I guess. Hope everything is well with you.

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-15-2015, 06:06 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

I'm so excited Christmas is just around the corner. This is my all-time favorite rendition of Rudolf the red nose reindeer. Dean Martin Kills It

Hugs and prayers
TB
Old 12-15-2015, 09:55 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Do your best

We have a Jack Russell Tod here's a pic of Glen

And here is a pic of my sisters dog who we recently looked after his name is Scottie

Old 12-16-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

Kz: You know? I haven't met a family yet that didn't have their problems? It's really sad that the bad apples want to pull other family members into their chaos as well! I have them on my side and Jethro's side! I do my damndest to stay in the middle and out of the others BS!

I asked Jethro today to please get me two MO's. One for my daughter's family and one for my granddaughter's BD! He asked me: "What about SD?" I didn't miss a beat by answering with: "No! She has sht on me and sht on me! I'm not going to award her with money! And? If my own daughter was treating me this way? I wouldn't be giving her money either!" He sadly looked away and walked off. I don't feel radiant about my choice, but I'm done! Maybe SD will finally get the message she's really screwed up this time around?

Jethro acted like a different person today! He was nice, polite and timid as to how he spoke to me! I HATE using the "leaving him sentence", but so far it seems to work! I'd rather use that than the money sentence! I'm the only one with an income and all the cushie benefits! If I leave he's screwed!

TB: Our sink has two doors underneath it! I see your's only has one! That would be a tight squeeze to put your legs inside it! LOL I've done it before and it's quite comfortable on mine! I wouldn't want to pull my stool back and have my 40 pd ass hanging off the back of it while I was leaning forward at the sink! Nope! Ain't happening! And if you think my butt is that big? Keep on thinking! LOL

Here you are laughing at ppl in shorts and T-shirts putting up Christmas decorations! Shame on you! How do you think ppl dress in the warmer states and other countries while putting up Christmas lights? When I was in Panama at Halloween time it was so hot I could hardly breathe! I flew back to WI at the end of October and just about froze!

Oh NO on the Dean Martin Rudolph song! I'll take the original one anytime! The radio station 94.9 Toms has been playing Christmas music since the day after Thanksgiving or sooner! Here's a couple of my favorites!

There's a lot of songs on this album I just love!

An extra treat for y'all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=rCnRqZw4WiE

I didn't have to buy any Christmas gifts this year! Woot! Woot! I was asked by my daughter to go online to this sight and purchase some things for my GD's school project and the money would go towards her taking a trip! So I picked a bunch of the stuff out and said Merry Christmas to me and Jethro when it came in! It was a win win!

Jethro is getting the pole barn which I've already said: "Happy Birthday, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, etc to him for the next five years!" There's really nothing either one of us need! Other than an upgrade on our electronics stuff! My computer is getting as slow as I am! LOL It's okay! It gives me time to think in between pages!

Well I better head to the laundry room! The dreaded Jethro rolling dirty clothes cart appeared in there today! Sigh!

Oh one more thing! Miss Sherry can fly up onto the couch now! She saw Maria up there and wanted to be with her. Maria couldn't back up under her blanket fast enough to hide. I started Jennifer aka Baby Huey on a diet today! She's not happy about that AT ALL!

Soberwolf: I didn't see any pictures posted?

TOD
Old 12-16-2015, 08:37 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hi Tod, TB & SW,
I just wanted to pop in quickly to say hello. I've been so busy lately, it's crazy!
SW, your dogs are adorable!
I will be back later!
(( Hugs )) to everyone!
Old 12-16-2015, 05:21 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Hey all,
We're actually going to hit the 20's this wkend. Then the temps going right back up! Lol! I don't mind though. It's kinda nice not wading through snow up to my waist lol.
TB, I know, it's strange seeing people walking around in spring jackets & such! I was born in CA., but haven't lived there since I lived there since I was 3 & that a long, long time ago lol!

Tod, yea, I know there's always 1, 2 or a few drama orientated peeps in families. I actually consider myself pretty lucky because the trouble makers are in my ex husband's family lol. No need to deal w/them anymore. My hubs family is really great & now that I'm clean, my family is too. Yippee!

How are your new chickies adjusting to their new home? And how is Marvin, Marie & Sherry adjusting to the new additions?

((( Hugs )))
Old 12-17-2015, 02:44 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Everyone!

Quick post here! I've been going thru hard copy pictures for several hours choosing special ones to send out in my daughter's Christmas card. I do this for her BD and Christmas! She LOVES it! LOL

Kz: Miss Sherry is now sitting on the couch in the evenings behind Jethro. She'll move up to him and set her beak on his shoulder for a little while and then scoot back to sit and look around! Maria still isn't too keen on having her around. She'll really raise the volumn if she thinks she's been left alone with her! LOL Sherry wants to play and Maria is like - Go the hell away! It's a sight to watch!

The big girls are enjoying their heat lamp tonight! It's 33 degrees outside! Burrrrr Jennifer/Baby Huey isn't happy with us! She isn't liking doing w/o her food! It's a must though! Gotta get some weight off her so she can walk better! And she's a heavy load to be picking up! Marvin is in his carrier inside behind me! He's gotten spoiled to the city life!

My daughter is being spoiled this week from everyone throwing her parties, husband giving her flowers and a nice plaque for her picture with receiving her Associates Degree! We are all so proud of her! Her inlaws got her a tall jewlery box too! My daughter said: "Now for my Bachelor's Degree! Sigh!" LOL

TOD