Notices

TOD has One Year Clean!

Old 09-10-2015, 09:31 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

Eleven days now w/o any cokes! No snacking for a long time either!

My big ole tummy is slowly shrinking! YAY! I can tell differences in other areas as well!

My younger sister said we needed to stop smoking! I laughed and told her: "One thing at a time!" I'm off the pain meds. I'm no longer drinking cokes. I've cut all the snacks out of my diet! Yes smoking is on the list of things to quit too! Like all the above? When the desire is strong to quit the ciggies? I'll quit! I only drink one cup of coffee in the morning when I fist get up, so coffee isn't a problem for me!

Jethro will be happy when I stop smoking! He hasn't smoked in almost two years now!

Ok! Busy afternoon and evening ahead of us! I better get ready for it!

TOD
Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

We were at my mom's yesterday! I opened the fridge to get stuff out to place on the table for supper! And then? OMG? Can's of cokes in there! Mumble Mumble Mumble! I reached past them for the items I needed and shut the door!

Then today while making my herbal shake and reaching for the jug of tea? The thought of those cokes slammed my mind again. Sigh! Never thought I'd miss cokes as much as I did my pain meds back in the day!

So with day 12 off the cokes? I'm continuing with my clean time! And enjoying life more!

TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello happycampers and Marcus!

We have a beautiful day here! Only 78 degrees! Love it! While being off the pain meds like I am little things can be so much more appreciated!

I walked outside to talk to Jethro working on the 4wheeler and had Marvin and Marilyn following me around. Marilyn was just a singing up a storm to me! It sounds like when you put your lips together and make motor boat sounds, only in a higher pitch! Marvin was doing his Whaaa Whaaa sounds at my feet while picking things up and dropping them with his beak. He's such a goof! I told him to go find Marilyn a bug to eat. I didn't need to be fed!

We've spent time at mom's the past couple of afternoons due to she had a yard sale. I provided supper Thursday night for everyone and she cooked a pot of beans along with sauerkraut and weiners for Friday night. My older sister made chili to bring too! It was all delicious! They were making out like bandits with their sale!

There was this elderly couple that lives down the road that stopped while we were there yesterday. She had this wooden cane she was using to help her walk. Talk about beautiful! It was completely decorated with carved images of things. Each image was done by a different person! This woman would also get wooden thread spools from mom. She carved each spool into a santa claus! Super talented woman! My younger sister is too! She used to paint raw ceramic figurines and then cook them to perfection. She also painted Aunt J sryrup jars too. Mom would make a little cap out of material for the jar's head!

I can't stress to those reading how much nicer it is being off the pain meds! And so much less stressful! Even dealing w/o all that sugar from cokes is nicer too!

Wishing every one a clean day!

TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 02:58 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

That is great to hear TOD. It is often the little things that matter the most. I often find myself struggling to find some purpose. The feeling of being uncomfortable in my own skin. For me it is about living in the moment and enjoying life. Everything is okay and will be okay. Get out of my head and enjoy the moment. Stop living in the past and the future and stuck in my own head. Enjoy the fresh air and nature and my kids smiles and laughter. Things are good! Your continued strength puts a smile on my face. Keep it up!
Old 09-12-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Marcus!

Something I tell myself whenever the drug thought pops into my head is: "Really? I closed and locked your door over a year ago! Look around me drug! Do you see me needing you now?" And then I move! Move from where my mind is sitting in the drug thoughts! I find something else to occupy my mind! I go get something to eat or give little Maria kisses or whatever it is I can find to change my thoughts! And btw! Maria sits right behind Jethro on the couch so he gets kisses too! LOL

Going outside to walk around will also do wonders for the mind! We live on two acres so there's always something to see or do here!

A person just needs to change their scenery in order to change the gears in their brain! I drive a stick shift so I know all about changing gears! LOL It works for the moods we get ourselves in also!

Give it a try!

TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 04:23 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 04:52 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello back at ya soberwolf!

Working on getting mashed potatoes and grilled steaks going for supper!
You have a nice day!

TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your one year!!! That's awesome!!
Old 09-12-2015, 07:53 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Dreamscape!

Glad to see ya!

Since you're ahead of me in clean time? You hold the head and I'll hold the tail of this dragon! We'll keep it moving forward!

TOD
Old 09-12-2015, 09:03 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

You got it!!
Old 09-15-2015, 01:14 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I was tested today! Two times while eating out I was asked what beverage I wanted to drink? Oh man! I wanted to melt and scream COKE! But I didn't! I asked for tea each time. Jethro actually got a COKE on the 2nd go round. I didn't touch it during the time we were eating!

Like the pain meds! I'm determined to not touch it again! I've not drank any cokes for 16 days now! I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I already skip the junk food aisle when I'm in there. Now I'll skip the rows of sodas too! Not only am I saving dollars? But my health will improve also!

Jethro has over a month off the pain meds now! Our relationship together is SOOOO much better! All the negative BS he gave me is gone now! He's also working on losing weight too!

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 09-15-2015, 08:00 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 09-17-2015, 10:08 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

One year, two months and one week off the pain meds! Eighteen days w/o any cokes too!

And let me shout this out! I went grocery shopping last night! OMG! Halloween candy EVERYWHERE! Cokes in every nook and shelf too! I put my race track horse goggles on and walked past it all! Our bill rang up at $565.00! In the past when I was loading up on snacks and cokes? It would have been closer to $665.00! The former amount included dog food and cat food too! As well as several other things that weren't groceries! But still? A savings all the same!

Jethro went with me! We had so much fun shopping! I used to let him do all the shopping since I was a night owl and he needed something to do during the day to stay busy! I hated going anywhere with him while he was taking the pain meds! UGH! It was always downers for me! Putting up with his attitude and making me look foolish and belittled to others! God! I'm so glad those days are gone!

Stepdaughter asked me last night if we could keep her oldest son this weekend? I told her YES! He's five yrso and very smart! He loves working with his PaPa in the yard and on things! PaPa can keep him well entertained! LOL

Wishing everyone a clean day!

TOD
Old 09-17-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Do your best

Awesome TOD
Old 09-17-2015, 05:52 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
waking down

Right on, ToD! I don't know when I took my last opioid, but it had to be around mid-July. I had two surgeries this year, which kind of made sobriety from everything a challenge, but I am certain I haven't taken any prescription medications of any kind since July. Feeling great! Quit processed sugar July 24, also. I still eat too much fruit, though, but at least I'm off the refined evil white stuff. Rock on, y'all!
Old 09-17-2015, 06:39 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Awesome TOD! So happy for you. You know I haven't done COKE in years - oh wait you are talking about Coca-Cola. Okay had a diet one of those today. Sorry comic relief - Good for you. You GO GIRL!!!
Old 09-17-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Soberwolf! Cool picture in your Avatar!
Hi Zero!
Hi Marcus!

Marcus! I have NEVER touched cocain! The last marijuana I smoked was New Year's Eve 1984! And really didn't smoke much of it to begin with! My roommate in SC gave me one teeny tiny hit of mescaline while in SC. OMG! I shook my head so much trying to shake that chit out of my head that I ended up with a very stiff neck! I told her "Don't you EVER give me anything like that again!" I wasn't introduced to opiates until 1985! They were my downfall! Sigh!

Years in the ARNG working full time for them landed me in surgeries and injuries many times! So the opiates just kept coming! The best thing I'm using now is ADVIL! And of course my cactus juice to get rid of the inflammation!

I'm surviving! Doing well! Enjoying getting out, being around ppl again! Laughter is always with me too!

I hear this song and I just shutter! I watch Cops Reloaded and Intervention from time to time to remind myself where I could have ended up! No thank you!

TOD
Old 09-17-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

OH! And Marcus! Bad joke! Bad Bad Bad joke! You should be ashamed of yourself! ROFL

How can you stand drinking those diet cokes? Bluck!

TOD
Old 09-19-2015, 01:48 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

Well I pulled a good one a few days ago! I was walking behind Jethro down our back steps which are steep! I had Molly in my arms too! Somehow or another I stepped wrong and tweeked a tendon right on top of my foot where it bends above the ankle! If I'm careful and don't bend my foot while walking I'm okay. But Man! When I forget and bend my foot the wrong way. SOB I get a really sharp pain! I've doubled up on my Advil and cactus juice! Pain meds only crossed my mind long enough for me to tell myself they wouldn't help with the pain. They'd only pull a web over my brain. And that was the end of my thoughts towards them! Now my mind is wondering where my ankle brace is at? Hmmmmm It would help to put pressure where I need it!

In the past I'd find every reason there was to run to the doctor for pain meds! Now I'm praying I DON'T have any reason's to need them! Because I don't ever want to take them again! I have a love/hate relationship for them now! I loved them when I was popping them! I now hate them for the way they made me feel. I have way too many other things now that make me happy! I damn sure don't want to ruin the way I'm feeling these days!

I keep suggesting to Jethro he needs to build us a ramp and get rid of those steep steps! We both have bad knees. He's had both of his operated on already! I'm doing my damndest to avoid surgery! Surgery usually involves pain meds! As long as my cactus juice gets rid of the inflammation? The pain throughout my body stays at bay!

Jethro and I both stayed inside today! It was over a hundred degrees with lots of humidity! UGH! We were both also recovering from working out in it yesterday cutting down a small tree and doing the cleanup afterwards! We have one more tree to come down. These trees have some sort of sticky substance on their leaves which attracts these little micro sized cotton ball looking bugs that sting the crap out of ya! The sticky substance also covers our cars and also has a black substance that makes our cars look nasty! So they are going bye bye this year! It's way past time. I got so tired of hearing Jethro complain about it, but due to him taking pain meds? He never found the desire to do anything about them. Now that he's pain med free? They are coming down. It's so nice seeing him coming back to life and doing things that have been pushed to the side for so many years! Which of course includes myself getting things done too!

I've come to the conclusion that not everything has to be done in one day either! I've figured out if I take one thing at a time? It'll eventually get it done! Of course I'm talking about things that aren't done everyday! Like dishes, laundry, cooking, etc. It's those drawers full of stuff, closets that need cleaning out, carpets needing shampoo'ed, ect. There's enough stuff here at home to do that can keep us busy for at least a year or more! Once the weather turns cooler? We'll be busier! The heat just sucks the life out of us! We are both retired and have plenty of time to get things done!

Wishing everyone a clean, happy day!

TOD
Old 09-19-2015, 11:21 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Do your best

Humidy is awful in the height of summer were having cooler nights now

Thank you Tod